ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jersey Shore Real Estate Market Advice Needed

What is your go to pizza place? Squan Tavern?
First Ave pizza is good when it is open in the summer.

Squan is always 1st choice. If I don't feel like driving, I'll walk to 1st Ave Pizza. People I know like Jimmy's on 71 in Brielle. Can't offer an opinion.

By the way if Carlson's doesn't interest you, the Riverside Cafe is also on the block. I believe a bit north of $2 million.
Like the food but as @knightfan7 knows I am not a fan of ownership.

Jimmy’s is VERY good. Salads that come with the meals are top notch. And they do family night pick up/delivery stuff during the week if you don’t feel like cooking.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Jimmy’s is VERY good. Salads that come with the meals are top notch. And they do family night pick up/delivery stuff during the week if you don’t feel like cooking.
Jimmy's Family night pick up is great. Best thing on Jimmy's menu are the fish tacos. Straight from Jimmy.

For pizza big fan of Antonios on 35. Grandma and round are very good.
Espositos by the train station, can be good pizza, but depends on who is making it. One of the pizza guys is a little heavy handed not in a good way.

Hmmm, I think Spring Lake, Bay Head/Mantoloking, Loveladies may be able to match SH/Avalon.
All North Jersey Shore crap. :)

Seriously, Spring Lake is the best Northern shore town by far, but it's not a barrier island and lacks that charm/vibe. We had season badges last summer at SL and went 4-5 times. Solid beach, but SH is definitely better (softer sand, more gradual slope, less volume, no Bennies).

Bay Head is very small and in a poor location (with 35 running through it).

Reactions: newell138
Jimmy's Family night pick up is great. Best thing on Jimmy's menu are the fish tacos. Straight from Jimmy.

Espositos by the train station, can be good pizza, but depends on who is making it. One of the pizza guys is a little heavy handed not in a good way.
I ordered dinner at espo's a couple times but never had the pizza.

Jimmy has a placed in Point and a couple stands on Point's boardwalk.

I ordered dinner at espo's a couple times but never had the pizza.

Jimmy has a placed in Point and a couple stands on Point's boardwalk.

I like the sandwiches at Espositos. The porchetta was really good which is something that tends to be not as good in the US.

Real estate prices will only grow and grow every year, so if you have enough money now, it's better to buy real estate now. In the future, if you want, you can resell this house at any time. Now the demand is high, and there are not so many profitable offers... In general, given the current rehab costs, if I were you, I would buy a house that would need repair for a lower price and then just make repairs there. In percentage terms, it would be beneficial for you. I hope my advice will help you, good luck.

Last edited:
Guessing most people don't know what acronyms such as FOMO mean. Had to look it up twice, as you have used it twice on these boards. Fear Of Missing Out. Would have never guessed that.
I had to look it up myself the first time I heard it. Just means we are both old.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
I had to look it up myself the first time I heard it. Just means we are both old.
No it doesn't- LOL (Laughing Out Loud) 😁 🤣. It seems to be an obscure acronym (at least to me), but it also seems that on message boards, people use such acroynms similar to the way they do in texting. YMMV. TTYL.

I've heard Jimmy's Fish and Chips are really good but not always on the menu.

Is my meter broken?
sarcasm20meter.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT