ADVERTISEMENT

OT- JR Smith and Craig Carter moments

Plum Street

Hall of Famer
Jun 21, 2009
I think we should stop killing smith. Remember Carter throwing away our best chance at an ncaa tournament win in 1991...and then we hired the guy!!
Dumb mistakes happen in sports. It’s part of the game. Stop being so hard on smith. Our guys like Carter messed up too. And we hired the guy after!
Georgetown didn’t do the same with Freddie brown when he threw away its tournament chances.

"Chance at an NCAA tournament win" vs. "Chance at an NBA Championship" are totally different beasts.

I'm sure if Bill Buckner had that ball roll through his legs in the first game of the College World Series, no one would care very much.

Reactions: wheezer and shields
It happens in sports. Smith should have just said I screwed up. He made it worse by saying he knew the score.

I think we should stop killing smith. Remember Carter throwing away our best chance at an ncaa tournament win in 1991...and then we hired the guy!!
Dumb mistakes happen in sports. It’s part of the game. Stop being so hard on smith. Our guys like Carter messed up too. And we hired the guy after!
Georgetown didn’t do the same with Freddie brown when he threw away its tournament chances.
If this was a mistake in the middle of the 2nd quarter, I would agree with you. However games on the line, you need to know what the score is and what you will do if the ball comes to you.

----
@Plum Street
I was not able to watch that NCAA game..... I know it might be a painful memory for you, but what did Carter do to cost us the game?..... did the ball get stuck in his hair?..lol

Last edited:
----
@Plum Street
I was not able to watch that NCAA game..... I know it might be a painful memory for you, but what did Carter do to cost us the game?..... did the ball get stuck in his hair?..lol

Lol not in his hair. I believe we were down 2 and inbounding off a time-out under the asu basket. He was the inbounder and threw it away. Asu then hit 1-2 free throws and we lost by 3. But in retrospect lots of other things happened in that game and I don’t put the loss on Carter . I can’t believe it was over 27 years ago! We need to get back in that tournament.

Reactions: wheezer
ADVERTISEMENT