ADVERTISEMENT

OT: July 17, 1996-Was the Phillies-Mets game at Shea an omen? (TWA Flight 800 explosion)

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
That afternoon,the Mets eked out a 3-2 win in the bottom of the ninth as a result of DROPPED FLY by Phillies' right fielder JR Phillips.

I sat there shaking my head,not knowing of course of the horror show to come a few hours and a few miles later as TWA Flight 800 exploded just after leaving nearby JFK.

25 years ago today.

Reactions: TM94goRU
Time flies, that was terrible. The class that was on that plane, was from Mike Mussina's hometown in PA. That crash inspired the first Final Destination movie.

Honestly I don’t understand the connection at all. You have a baseball game in the middle of summer/the season transposed against a horrible aircraft tragedy which resulted in several hundred people dying.
This is as dumb as the thread the other day about "foul play" in the condo collapse.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
This attempt at a thread just minds me of how many otherwise-intelligent people hold bizarre beliefs in coincidences and superstitions. It’s astounding how many young people perpetuate astrology. Then you have the world of conspiracy theories. This is such a disheartening aspect of social media.

I guess it’s all just related to how much of the population has an external locus of control and doesn’t like to accept that they control the vast majority of their own destiny.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Honestly I don’t understand the connection at all. You have a baseball game in the middle of summer/the season transposed against a horrible aircraft tragedy which resulted in several hundred people dying.
I was trying to figure out the connection myself. There is none. A very weird thread!

This attempt at a thread just minds me of how many otherwise-intelligent people hold bizarre beliefs in coincidences and superstitions. It’s astounding how many young people perpetuate astrology. Then you have the world of conspiracy theories. This is such a disheartening aspect of social media.

I guess it’s all just related to how much of the population has an external locus of control and doesn’t like to accept that they control the vast majority of their own destiny.
So many people are nearly illiterate in science, math, and logic, with the latter perhaps being the worst, as it is the core of critical thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT