ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kahlil Whitney

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Kahlil Whitney commmits to Kentucky. Believe we offered.

The days of Texas Western winning the NCAA, or Rutgers making the Final Four, are gone forever (or at least in my lifetime). Roselle Catholic has no more ties to N.J. and Rutgers than Naples HS in Florida.

Reactions: Kbee3
The days of Texas Western winning the NCAA, or Rutgers making the Final Four, are gone forever (or at least in my lifetime). Roselle Catholic has no more ties to N.J. and Rutgers than Naples HS in Florida.
That's not true. Roselle Catholic coach is a big fan of Pikiell, the rest of the coaching staff and the Rutgers program. That doesn't mean top-50 prospects from RC are going to be pushed to go to RU if that's not what they want.

Reactions: koko2315
2018--2019....16-15

Massoud in class of 2019 joining four star Mulchay and young

2019-2020...NCAA

Noah F-class of 2020
Onamuryi - class of 2020
Zona-class of 2020

2020-2021 NCAA second round

2021-2022 sweet 16

Can happen

Kentucky waits until late in the process to swoop in and takes the kids they want. Let everyone else do the work in evaluating them, because no one says no to Coach Cal and the good chance to make it to the NBA in one year.

I am sure Pike offered the kid, but did not waste any more time knowing he would go to a blue blood.

Reactions: dkostus
Kentucky waits until late in the process to swoop in and takes the kids they want. Let everyone else do the work in evaluating them, because no one says no to Coach Cal and the good chance to make it to the NBA in one year.

I am sure Pike offered the kid, but did not waste any more time knowing he would go to a blue blood.
Rutgers offered , but don't know how hard Pike went after him.

Whitney has evolved into a 5* player....those kids are going to land at elite programs that are 1 and done factories.

In the 2018 class RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish and Bol Bol said no to Coach Cal. That's just three kids off the top of my head in one recruiting class.

Kids with Kentucky offers pick other schools all the time. It's not like Cal only offers 5 kids a year.

Reactions: PaKnight
Loyola, Butler , Gonzaga and Wichita State have all been in the final four in recent years
College basketball is much different then football. One and dones level the playing field
They are gone before they have refined their games. A program that gets good players and keeps them for 4 years can easily compete with the one and dones
Pike will get us there some day I believe

Whitney will be joined this year by Phillip Wheeler transferring to Roselle Catholic from Rumson.

Kid has a big upside

Read somewhere that this kid is from Chicago but attending Roselle Catholic. First thought was WTF?

GO RU

I don't know about that. The elite programs are basically putting together all-star teams that stay together for one year. That's not necessarily conducive to winning championships. As we've seen, a team with good players who've played together for a few years can do damage in the tournament. Butler, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Loyola, and George Mason have all gotten to the Final Four somewhat recently.

There are lots of good basketball players. It's a matter of finding and developing them.

Reactions: Mr_Twister
I don't know about that. The elite programs are basically putting together all-star teams that stay together for one year. That's not necessarily conducive to winning championships. As we've seen, a team with good players who've played together for a few years can do damage in the tournament. Butler, Wichita State, Gonzaga, Loyola, and George Mason have all gotten to the Final Four somewhat recently.

There are lots of good basketball players. It's a matter of finding and developing them.
Hope you are right!

See this years National Champs----majority of guys were 3 and 4 yr players

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT