ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kansas - Kansas State brawl

Ronnie_B

All American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2011
Just saw it in a bar, Kansas players got pretty damn angry.

Just saw it, honestly can’t fault kansas.
It was only a matter of time before the whole steal the ball and dunk it when the winning team is running out the final few seconds went south in a hurry.

The stuff after the initial posturing was bad though.

Reactions: ancienthooper
A disgrace. Suspensions need to be severe and real severe......

Hope Pike uses this opportunity to discuss the matter with the team and to walk away when something that pisses you off occurs on and off the court.......it just ain't worth it....

A disgrace. Suspensions need to be severe and real severe......

Hope Pike uses this opportunity to discuss the matter with the team and to walk away when something that pisses you off occurs on and off the court.......it just ain't worth it....
What makes you think they will even hear of this? :WideSmile:

I joke but I love how Pike has them focused on one thing, in some ways he reminds me of Herbie Brooks.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Dick move by K State player. But after Kansas player blocked it he didn’t need to stand over him and taunt either. Then K State bench reacts, big brawl and warrant huge penalties on both teams, especially #22 from Kansas for the stool.

Fair enough. I disagree. But fair enough.

I also don’t believe in stealing a base when your up 9 runs in the 8th but that’s just different strokes I guess.

it woukd be different if the team LOSING gives up and the team winning plays to the end.

No issue with the team losing playing a full 40 minutes. Thus no issue either with the rejection.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Kansas’ Silvio De Sausa tried to knock a kid out with a chair.

he should never play another game again
Well, he picked up the chair and put it over his head, but he did drop it without hitting anyone with it. However, the punches should be enough to get him suspended, at least, for the rest of the season, if not thrown off the team. Not good.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Well it is relevant because no punches get thrown if that scrub doesn’t act like an idiot.

I look at it this way. You can only control what you do. You can act with class all the time. Your opponent can choose to do the same. Or they can act like jackasses. But it should never change how you act. So in this case, let the idiot get a free dunk. Who cares?

We let PSU have a free dunk at the end of our game. And we also alley-ooped a dunk at the end of the Minn game - but they were still playing on ball defense so its all good.

But if you just let the dunk go (dirtbags gonna be dirtbags) none of this happens.

Does it really matter if you win by 21 instead of 23?

You are down 20 in a rivalry game and a player blocks a shot and stands right over you. That is going to lead to an altercation.

Montez Mathis or Jacob Young would take exception.......but it wouldnt go much further than that.

You are down 20 in a rivalry game and a player blocks a shot and stands right over you. That is going to lead to an altercation.

Montez Mathis or Jacob Young would take exception.......but it wouldnt go much further than that.

If Montez tried to steal a ball and score when down 20 when the other team was dribbling it out I would lay into him too. You don’t do that. It’s not scrappy it’s bush league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT