ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kenny Pickett decommits from Temple

Ah yes the EJ Barthel phenemenon. Commit now, Decommit later.

yep, recruiting coordinators get commits......:rolleyes:

How many times does it have to be mentioned that recruiting coordinators get guys on campus...it's the coaches that get the commits and keep the relationship going.....I hope your comment was sarcasm.

yep, recruiting coordinators get commits......:rolleyes:

How many times does it have to be mentioned that recruiting coordinators get guys on campus...it's the coaches that get the commits and keep the relationship going.....I hope your comment was sarcasm.
Most of us know this, but some of us refuse to let go of perception. :chairshot:

In 7th grade I lusted after HN ,a gentleman never gives up the real name, and she finally relented and said we were exclusive. I ran out of her house dancing through the streets of Highland Park. She ran right behind me to tell me she had changed her mind.Lasted all of 5 minutes. I was Temple..

Where did Ted Field end up signing after we pulled his offer?
Salisbury School in Connecticut. Flood really had a great eye for talent! This kid will be lucky if he steps foot on a FCS field.

In 7th grade I lusted after HN ,a gentleman never gives up the real name, and she finally relented and said we were exclusive. I ran out of her house dancing through the streets of Highland Park. She ran right behind me to tell me she had changed her mind.Lasted all of 5 minutes. I was Temple..
You promised her Donaldson Park and she quickly figured out you couldn't deliver. Amaright?

Grade school definitely produced some of my fondest memories.

Dreams are big when you still believe anything is possible.

He'd be behind Anthony Russo anyway, probably a smart move.
No doubt this is part of his thinking, but really, the kid is kind of blowing up and if he wants to reevaluate his options, that's fair. I think he explained himself very nicely. If you're a school outside the Power 5 conferences and you do a great job identifying the talented kid early, and get them to commit early, you're going to lose one every so often. But they'll also also be able to snag a kid later on who had a boat load of P5 offers, too, so it tends to all even out. This has been the pattern at Temple the past few seasons, and I think it's just the reality of life in the AAC.

Reactions: RoxboroughKnight
I thought Kenny was a little fast to commit. He wants to compete on the highest level possible. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, It will be ACC level team, I am thinking BC. I think he will commit before the season, although he has a few WR coming back, the rest of the team is going to be young.

That's pretty much all HP had to offer other than White Rose lmao and Main Street (27) shopping and eating. Pickett I am thinking down south destination

Speaking of Temple and decommits, I had a bunch of Anthony Russo's former teammates in my Uber Saturday night. Not much new but they did say the one and only reason he left RU was because of the offense Ash and co. were going to. It had nothing to do w/ his love for Flood or his dislike of Ash. They were all surprised he chose Temple because he has a lot of talent but there was some debate about if he had any other real options. He visited LSU but never actually got an offer, felt his best chance to play early was at Temple. But they all seemed to think Temple's 5 minutes of fame are over.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Speaking of Temple and decommits, I had a bunch of Anthony Russo's former teammates in my Uber Saturday night. Not much new but they did say the one and only reason he left RU was because of the offense Ash and co. were going to. It had nothing to do w/ his love for Flood or his dislike of Ash. They were all surprised he chose Temple because he has a lot of talent but there was some debate about if he had any other real options. He visited LSU but never actually got an offer, felt his best chance to play early was at Temple. But they all seemed to think Temple's 5 minutes of fame are over.

Thanks for sharing. I don't blame him for decomittig. He's ProStyle and we aren't. Make sense that he wanted to stay close to home and he will have a good chance to play 3-4 years as the starter

If Russo is the real deal, the NFL will find him.

Thanks for sharing. I don't blame him for decomittig. He's ProStyle and we aren't. Make sense that he wanted to stay close to home and he will have a good chance to play 3-4 years as the starter

Yeah, but Temple ain't necessarily Pro-style and playing early might not be all that it's cracked up to be. Maybe Rhule suggested possibly changing the offense to fit his talent, but I wonder if Russo would've been better served to prep for a year if the offers weren't forthcoming. Understand him de-committing, but not sure if he landed in the best possible situation. Still & all, wish him the best.

Concerning Pickett, not a big surprise if he's been getting feelers from any Power 5 programs. BC seems to be a good call.

Have a friend in the know. Pickett is a good student and is looking at more than football. But he's definitely getting ACC attention and will likely sign there.

Salisbury School in Connecticut. Flood really had a great eye for talent! This kid will be lucky if he steps foot on a FCS field.
Flood did have an eye for fashion. Field sat in my section and would come to cold weather games with no shirt just overalls. Great look for on O- line guy if you can pull it off. Perhaps that swayed Flood.

He didn't visit LSU - he had a commitable offer if he visited, but he refused. Les Miles was up at Archbishop Wood in the last week trying to swing him, though. Russo had plenty of options; he just wanted to go to Temple. It does happen.

My understanding of the story was Ted changed his mind when he wasn't getting enough attention on one of his visits.
Passive aggressive way of the staff to say we don't want you here. By all accounts he was all-RU and nice kid, but the staff was trying to discourage him from sticking around. I hope he finds a good landing spot and does well, though.

Reactions: RUshore99

It might be the best move for him. It's not always about how good the football team is, Temple may have an excellent program in his major. Plus after Joe Flacco, Tony Romo, Big Ben, Carson Wentz, etc a lot of times it's just the opportunity you have to showcase your skills if his goal is ultimately to become an NFL QB.

I'm happy with Oden and although he's definitely raw and thin, with a few years of seasoning I believe he could be a tremendous player for us. Just hopefully the guys who we surround him with will hold up in the Big 10

Reactions: NickyNewark51
He didn't visit LSU - he had a commitable offer if he visited, but he refused. Les Miles was up at Archbishop Wood in the last week trying to swing him, though. Russo had plenty of options; he just wanted to go to Temple. It does happen.

This is not true.

Reactions: koleszar
ADVERTISEMENT