ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LadyRU09’s Mother has Passed

mkollar

All Conference
Jan 5, 2006
Somewhere
www.marckollar.com
To all:

This is somewhat off-topic. However, I would like to make you aware that LadyRU09’s MOTHER,
Barbara Lapinski Tangel, DC'72, GS'74, and current Director, Didactic Program in Dietetics, has died.

Her daughter Kristin, COOK'09, is LadyRU09 here on this board. To say the least, this is a shock to those of us who have known both Kristin and Barbara. LadyRU announced this on her Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/kristinclaire732

As Lady noted, in her announcement: “She battled stage 4 breast cancer, among a host of other health problems. She was an extremely tough woman and had a lot of success in her life. Her family and friends will miss her.”

RIP Barbara Lapinski Tangel.

A life well lived. A battle well fought. My deepest condolences to Kristen and the entire family.

Reactions: LadyRU09
Don't know these people but this thread makes it clear they are loved. Surely a loss for for the Rutgers faithful. My condolences.

So sorry for your loss Kristin. My wife and I had the privilege of meeting your mom at an OQI tailgate when she brought some awesome donuts and coffee and we had some great conversations. She was truly delightful plus a true R U fan as are you. My prayers are with you and your Family.

Last edited:
My wife went through the Bachelor's program for Dietetics at Rutgers (2nd career) and just got her Master's at the College of Saint Elizabeth. She thought the world of Barbara Tangel, always gave great advice. I just told her and she was shocked - she said she just saw her last year at a conference.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Tangel family. She was a great lady.

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong Kristin.

My sympathies to LadyRU09 and the Lapinski-Tangel family and friends. My hope is that your mother inspired all to enjoy each and every day of our lives. Peace and prayer to your mother and to you.

Our hope is in the resurrection. May your mother rest in peace, and may you spend eternity with her in Heaven!

I am very sorry for the passing of Barbara. My prayers go out to her, Kristin and their entire family. I see that Barbara graduated from Douglass in 1972. My wife also graduated in 1972 from Douglass. She was a Home Economics major. My wife passed away from cancer on May 1, 2014. It is not easy.

ADVERTISEMENT