ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lindsay Buckingham fired by Fleetwood Mac

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Wtf? Maybe only the most underrated guitarist in rock. Replaced by Mike Campbell of The Heartbreakers but you can't replace Buckingham. Apparently it was over creative differences andthe set list to be played on their upcoming tour. Oh well. When will rock bands ever grow up

Last edited:
Wtf? Maybe only the most underrated guitarist in rock. Replaced by Mike Campbell of The Heartbreakers but you can't replace Buckingham. Apparently it was over creative differences andthe set list to be played on their upcoming tour. Oh well. When will rock bands ever grow up

good riddance...big fan of the group, have all their stuff and seen them several times, but I dislike Lindsey more and more every year. Stevie is the star of the show. Lindsay never got over the fact that Stevie had a huge solo career and he did not. Stevie was just selling out 20K seats arenas recently on her own. I will go to this concert now because I will not be forced to listen to Lindsay solos and his mediocre songs..more songs for Stevie and Chris.

Haven’t most people stopped listening to music? All most do these days is use Instagram and Snapchat to show the world what they do every minute of their lives. At least my Victrola can still play those classic records!

Have you heard him in " I,m So Afraid " the guitars in that song are a big favorite of mine.

bigger news here is that fleetwood mac is still a thing
I saw them in 2015 and Fleetwood Mac put on a better show than 95% of modern bands. But that was primarily because of Lindsey Buckingham. Without him, there is no Fleetwood Mac.

What about Stevie Nicks?
She's great, but there's no comparison to their ability to perform as of three years ago. Lindsey was all over the stage with unlimited energy. The reason the crowd was so fired up was because of him. He's one of the best performers I've ever seen.

She's great, but there's no comparison to their ability to perform as of three years ago. Lindsey was all over the stage with unlimited energy. The reason the crowd was so fired up was because of him. He's one of the best performers I've ever seen.
Then they turned around and fired him?

Lindsay is a PHENOM on the guitar.

If you play, you understand what he can produce both technically / melodically.

If you don't just freakin listen.

As for Stevie...she was hot back in the day / wrote some great songs. But as a singer...meh.
Her vocal range is limited, and always sounds as if she's singing with an early onset of Katherine Hepburn's voice (wobbling).

MO

Reactions: lgv797
Are any of them under 70 years old? They were done 40’years ago.

Mmmm...have you checked recently: McCartney, Dylan, Jagger, Stones Watts is over 80!, Billy Joel & the Boss (approaching 70).

As a Septuagenarian myself: 70's ROCK....it beats the alternative!!

MO

Last edited:
i'm guessing "fired" is a misleading term.

Stevie and Christine sold the records, Lindsey drove the live shows.

I like Mike Campbell's guitar playing, but no one replaces Lindsey Buckingham.
Of course I once said no one can replace Peter Green.

Phil, intended or purely coincidental?

this may be the best song that Buckingham and Nicks did together, from their album before they joined Fleetwood Mac

epic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT