ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LIV gets their first big fish to play. Dustin Johnson.

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
World Ranked #13 player in the world and a guy still in his prime. Others like Sergio, Westwood, Poulter are big names but are beyond playing like the young crowd.

Phil is not on the list.

Also, Jack Nicklaus spoke again about his meeting and his lack of interest in this tour. Some of you seem to ignore his comments back in March. This from yesterday at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
"I did it out of courtesy to them because we're doing a golf course for them," Nicklaus said. "I've got zero interest in wanting to do something like that. I don't care what kind of money they would have thrown at me. My allegiance has been to the PGA Tour. I grew up on the PGA Tour. I helped found the PGA Tour as it is today. My allegiance is there, and it's going to stay there."

Reactions: beaced
World Ranked #13 player in the world and a guy still in his prime. Others like Sergio, Westwood, Poulter are big names but are beyond playing like the young crowd.

Phil is not on the list.

Also, Jack Nicklaus spoke again about his meeting and his lack of interest in this tour. Some of you seem to ignore his comments back in March. This from yesterday at Muirfield Village Golf Club.
"I did it out of courtesy to them because we're doing a golf course for them," Nicklaus said. "I've got zero interest in wanting to do something like that. I don't care what kind of money they would have thrown at me. My allegiance has been to the PGA Tour. I grew up on the PGA Tour. I helped found the PGA Tour as it is today. My allegiance is there, and it's going to stay there."
beaced likes JACK.

DJ is more interested in partying with the new wife these days anyway (cant say i blame him). More pay, less play, no cuts, he already made it so time to cash in and coast now.

Phil is not on the list.

I’m not ignoring it. Just simply stated the fact that his namesake company (run by his son) said otherwise.

I’m not ignoring it. Just simply stated the fact that his namesake company (run by his son) said otherwise.
Ummm. Not really. Howard Milstein is the hands on owner. Jackie Jr ran it before being sold. He is part of the company as vice chairman. The Saudi discussion was thrown in recently. The suit is for discussions outside the contract.

No way PGA Tour goes through and bans DJ.
Why not? Tour will be just fine without him.

Reports are he's getting around $125M to go to LIV. His career earnings are already $75M, has earned easily double that with sponsorship deals. Not sure how much money he needs, future generations of little DJs will never have to work a day even without LIV money. Hope the LIV fails miserably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT