ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Locking threads

MADHAT1

Hall of Famer
Apr 1, 2003
To start another one on same subject came up in one thread about COVID 19.
That seems like a good idea because a popular subject could go on and one with multiple pages in this board.
But locking one thread so a new one about the same issue could start has one big disadvantage in my mind.
In the future:When talking about some epic threads that seemed to never end, once threads start getting locked because of the number of replies they recive , talking about threads that have so many pages of replies that make them memorial won't be the case on threads that go on and on and seem like they will never end, because they will be locked way before that happens and a new discussion on the subject will take its place.

Just my two cents in case this board decides to end lengthily threads and start new ones on same issue .

Reactions: MulletCork
tenor.gif

When talking about some epic threads that seemed to never end, once threads start getting locked because of the number of replies they recive , talking about threads that have so many pages of replies that make them memorial won't be the case on threads that go on and on and seem like they will never end, because they will be locked way before that happens and a new discussion on the subject will take its place.
But what should we do about epic sentences that seem to never end?

Lock the "One Word" thread! It's circled more than the Indy 500 and is no more succinct than the OP of this thread.

Lock the "One Word" thread! It's circled more than the Indy 500 and is no more succinct than the OP of this thread.
No, we need it to merge in threads with single word titles.

To start another one on same subject came up in one thread about COVID 19.
That seems like a good idea because a popular subject could go on and one with multiple pages in this board.
But locking one thread so a new one about the same issue could start has one big disadvantage in my mind.
In the future:When talking about some epic threads that seemed to never end, once threads start getting locked because of the number of replies they recive , talking about threads that have so many pages of replies that make them memorial won't be the case on threads that go on and on and seem like they will never end, because they will be locked way before that happens and a new discussion on the subject will take its place.

Just my two cents in case this board decides to end lengthily threads and start new ones on same issue .
Hmmm

giphy.gif

Nope still confused.

Reactions: robcac26
ADVERTISEMENT