ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LONG DURATION MAJOR HEATWAVE BEGINS FRIDAY JUNE 29

There was a power outage in the Herbertsville section of Brick Saturday afternoon until about 6:30 p.m. Has to be brutal to have no AC.

Was it cooler down at the beach? Is the water warm enough to go right in for wimps like me, who like it at 80 degrees?
I just came back from the shore and the water is cool but it’s expected for early July. Not crowded even in a 95 degree day.

The humidity hasn’t been too bad compared to Houston and yesterday was more like Phoenix temp and humidity.

Reactions: Knight Shift
96 was my high today which tied yesterday as the hottest of the season. One more day of mid 90s tomorrow before it drops to "only" 89-92 on Wed/Thurs
Thankfully. Going to Monmouth Park. Have spent every 4th there since 1991 (except last year when they didnt even have races WTF). Thinking late 90s when they had a free Southside Johnny and Asbury Jukes before the races and it was near 100 before noon. Who would have thunk Southside and the Jukes could wake up before 10am, let alone do a great show in oppressive heat and humidity.

Reactions: bac2therac
It's hit and miss at this time of year with 4th of July and all. I know Claire is down at LBI this week and Doreen is in Wildwood. Some of the other MILFs are second tier but things pick up around the 3rd because they run a July 3rd Hot Dog sale every year.
What is your hot dog price??

Thankfully. Going to Monmouth Park. Have spent every 4th there since 1991 (except last year when they didnt even have races WTF). Thinking late 90s when they had a free Southside Johnny and Asbury Jukes before the races and it was near 100 before noon. Who would have thunk Southside and the Jukes could wake up before 10am, let alone do a great show in oppressive heat and humidity.

yes I remember this...it was either 98 or 99...widespread 100 plus around the 4th time period

and just in the time for this week, a twin pack of lo bro is on sale for ONLY $1.77 at Shop Rite...grill away boys.

eb6c2e2699d6611d5664159f51295ee3b654bf52.jpg
You buried the lead. Shop Rite has baby backs for $1.99 a pound :eyes:
Also Home Depot has twin packs of Kingford 18lbs for $9.88:eyes: :eyes:

yes I remember this...it was either 98 or 99...widespread 100 plus around the 4th time period
99F in Newark in on 7/4/1999 and widespread 100F that entire weekend, including 100F at my house on 7/3 and 7/4. I remember it very well, as that's the weekend we bought one of those huge swing sets for our then 5-year old son and my buddy and I spent a lot of those 2 days putting it together.

Hottest I've ever been, with the exception of a couple of days in the late 80s when I was in grad school in a full hazmat suit in 100F heat in full sun sampling toxic wastes from a sludge lagoon at the old American Cyanamid site in Bound Brook - we were only allowed in the suits for an hour at a time due to dehydration risks.

so today may be the last day of the heatwave for some. Temps Wed and Thurs look close to 90 but may fall short in some areas of the state. Humidity will still be very high today through Friday where we look to get some substantial showers as a cold front slogs through. Looking like a shot at showers and t storms today and tomorrow but again, not widespread, widely scattered type

so today may be the last day of the heatwave for some. Temps Wed and Thurs look close to 90 but may fall short in some areas of the state. Humidity will still be very high today through Friday where we look to get some substantial showers as a cold front slogs through. Looking like a shot at showers and t storms today and tomorrow but again, not widespread, widely scattered type

Ok thanks. Will keep an eye on it. I would say fireworks tonight there is a chance of a cancellation.

Last night was really uncomfortable weather-wise. 86 degrees and 70% humidity at 10pm.

So I open my weather app this morning and it tells me the "temp" and "feels like"

Temp: 92 degrees
Feels Like: 109 degrees

yeah, yeah
yeah, yeah
ohhhohhhoh

youknow, source.. being so hot.. on the Independence Day Holiday.. I might expect some historic notes on The Battle of Monmouth and the heat

It was 100 at Monmouth Park in 1983,so I left early.In those days,you couldn't bet advanced.Naturally,2 horses that I liked came in later,paying over $60 each.Story of my life.

Source of course knows that "Heat Wave" was first a hit in the early 1960s with Martha & the Vandellas. Linda Ronstadt's 1970s cover, though, is excellent.

Yesssssss..... yes she is...... uh, ah, I mean, ah [cough-cough] yes, the Vandellas, yes the Vandellas did it in 1963.

The dewpoints are around 80 rightnow...almost unheard of records..temps in the low 90s but realfeels right now around 110 degrees..insane numbers..please be safe everyone. At least you arent working outside like I am

Went for a walk this morning around 8AM, came back drenched in sweat. Looked to be about 78-79° at the time.

Some serious energy in the atmosphere right now, both due to differential heating boundary layers and instability from an approaching front. Both are the matches being lit to the powder keg of energy. Some big storms out there and some more to come, with heavy rains possible. Had an insane storm in northern Union/Essex earlier that we were on the edge of in Rahway; also, a flood warning is out from Morris through Essex/Passaic/Bergen and into Rockland from heavy rains that have already fallen.

very slow moving storms that are popping from nowhere that will sit over some areas, not everyone will get them but if you do prepare for a gullywasher

heat index today was reported as high as 116 in Toms River.

Mets busted a little, they were saying the worst was over Sunday...no way. Monday and Tuesday was much worse with higher dews and humidity. Temps hit 96 IMBY all 3 days.

very slow moving storms that are popping from nowhere that will sit over some areas, not everyone will get them but if you do prepare for a gullywasher

heat index today was reported as high as 116 in Toms River.

Mets busted a little, they were saying the worst was over Sunday...no way. Monday and Tuesday was much worse with higher dews and humidity. Temps hit 96 IMBY all 3 days.
Mets busted more than a little. 5-21 in June. That's a total bust. @Doctor Worm , @formerlyknownasrutgers100 , @tico brown , @RuBird and others can confirm

Seriously, however, don't rely on the radar? I saw a line move across northern Central/Northern NJ, but it the radar looks clear south of I-195 out to the Shore.

a cell or cells blossomed right over me and sitting downpouring on me for a while not moving much, not sure where they are headed next

what is 5/21 in June? eh speak English

a cell or cells blossomed right over me and sitting downpouring on me for a while not moving much, not sure where they are headed next

what is 5/21 in June? eh speak English
5/21 is Annie Lennox birthday, C'mon. You said the Mets busted a little. Their record was 5-21 in June. That's a big bust.

Tons of rain in the area tonight with lightning galore around 5ish. Feels great now. 75 degrees.

Mets busted more than a little. 5-21 in June. That's a total bust. @Doctor Worm , @formerlyknownasrutgers100 , @tico brown , @RuBird and others can confirm

Seriously, however, don't rely on the radar? I saw a line move across northern Central/Northern NJ, but it the radar looks clear south of I-195 out to the Shore.
Mets suck ass...

Anyway, went to trenton for a Thunder game and while there was a thunderstorm cell over Jersey City/Newark, Trenton was clear. I think we brought the thunder to the Thunder since the Turnpike, 195, and the Trenton Tunnel (which I never knew it existed) was deluged with heavy rain and thunderstorms. But it cleared up for the game to begin.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT