ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Luka Garza article on his workouts

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Came across this article when i was trying to see the latest if he would be staying In the draft or coming back to Iowa. Think his decision will have big ramifications on Rutgers as i think we’re contenders to win the conference (seriously why not us)!

anyway came away amazed at his workout. Hopefully our guys read this and are willing to put in the same work.

here is a small excerpt

-stories of him carrying bricks in a defensive stance until he vomited.

-Frank has brought in a quick point guard to run full-court drills, and Luka must try to move his feet to stay in front of him for 94 feet with little to no rest in between reps. In another drill, Luka must try to maintain a moving defensive stance for 3½ grueling minutes without allowing himself to stand upright.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...case-iowa-fran-mccaffery-tempting/5311071002/

I think Garza has a good chance....mainly because he is a big that hit 36% on threes. The NBA values that and I think he can be a good backup. And....he is crafty around the basket with his low post moves.

He's got a chance with his shot. I guess the question is will he be fast/quick enough to get back and play D.

I hope he goes! ;-)

I want him back. I like watching great college b-ball and that Iowa team will potentially be great next year. It would make it all the more sweeter if we knocked them off

Reactions: superfan01
latest

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT