ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Major New Jersey Heatwave Discussion And Observation Thread

I'm still going with summer.

Me too!

rivertam.jpg

Normally I go for cuter faces.. but she had something.. and it was a great show. Damn shame it didn't get a bunch of seasons.. but they gave it that movie.. which was pretty good. "FireFly" for you younguns... and the movie was "Serenity". They did what George Lucas failed to do in his second 3 movies.. they built a whole set in their ship's full size. It worked so well. Conversely, that picture of Summer Glau is fake background and god knows what else.

Hmm.. hot girls who kick ass was a trend then.. Alias, Dark Angel..

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
if you like Piccini's try Marios on Bay Ave, around 15th st. New owners since last year, and I have to say its pretty good. If you are going for just pizza there is a new place on 10th and Asbury that is also very good, Chelsea Pizza
Thanks for the tips! Will try Marios next time. Ocean water still pretty cold.

Reactions: newell138
Good timing for more mild days and cooler nights. Returned after 2 weeks in SH to find our HVAC blower motor died (so the fan that circulates the air isn't work). No AC! LOL. Getting a new furnace unit installed tomorrow morning. Our current unit is 13 years old, so too old to replace a very expensive motor.

Oh well.

It is a cold snap here in San Antonio. First non 90 or 100 day since May 25🥳🥳

It's going to be wet everywhere around us for the next few days, as per the graphic below, but not much here, sadly (some isolated showers at best). Could be some showers late in the week, but no obvious major rainfall for the next week.

weatherstory.png
Oh great. As if the rest of the country needs more excuses to refer to NJ as one kind of hole or another.

Let it rain all week but Saturday.

I’m hosting an outdoor bash.

It’s been very dry up by me but I’ve heard even more arid towards Morris/Essex counties.

Below is the 90-day precip deviation from normal map for NJ and those deviations are why NJ is in a Drought Watch as of last week.

Saturday is a bit iffy with some showers possible and warm temps (upper 80s) with some humidity. Not looking like a washout, but summertime shower are very unpredictable.

https://villagegreennj.com/towns/go...urges-residents-businesses-to-conserve-water/

h0tXY2m.png

ADVERTISEMENT