ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Major Yankees/Mets trade coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He pitched a full season in 2015, he started in the minors.
And you think that is worth a Trout or a Betts ?

His 2 full seasons are still more than Paxton has ever done in his career and he just turned 30.
I didn't say that Paxton's health wasn't a concern. Nor that Paxton was worth a Trout or Betts.

In all the talks I've seen, nowhere has Trout been brought up or Betts. Is this a way to deflect some of your moronic posts about Rosario and Nimmo?

Exactly. If we're trading Thor, it'd better be for like Trout/Betts, a MVP level player who is young. Otherwise, why trade an ace-level pitcher with insane stuff and is still really young? Just keep the guy and be thrilled that you have 2 legit aces, and 2 other established pitchers with ace-level ability.

Want a catcher? sign one.

Understood but that post is why Kbee was mentioning Trout/Betts. It had nothing to do with “deflecting”.
well that's because he didn't understand the comment... the point was that Thor shouldn't get traded for anything less than a young MVP level player. If anything less than that, don't trade him.

And you think that is worth a Trout or a Betts ?

I didn't say that Paxton's health wasn't a concern. Nor that Paxton was worth a Trout or Betts.

I never said that Syndergaard is worth Trout or Betts. My point is that I wouldn't trade him for a catcher or a flawed player like Andujar.

The Mets traded Nolan Ryan Amos Otis and Tom Seaver for Jim Fregosi Joe Foy and Pat Zachary and a pastrami sandwich.Please no mas....?

Reactions: redking
Met's fans are out of their minds. They never want to give up anything and want the other team's best player. If you take Syndergaard off the table, there is not much left I would want. Maybe Conforto as starting point, but if I am the Marlins, I probably ask for Rosario too. Nimmo is a 4th outfielder, maybe a league average starter at best. No change I accept him as the cornerstone of a trade. And their farm system is barren.

Met's fans are out of their minds. They never want to give up anything and want the other team's best player. If you take Syndergaard off the table, there is not much left I would want. Maybe Conforto as starting point, but if I am the Marlins, I probably ask for Rosario too. Nimmo is a 4th outfielder, maybe a league average starter at best. No change I accept him as the cornerstone of a trade. And their farm system is barren.

Nimmo is not a 4th OF, he was 17th in MLB in OPS. That's not even close to league average and ironically higher than any Yankee with over 400 abs other than Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT