ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Matt Keeler Commits to Texas Tech

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
Best of luck to him. Unusual ,but beautiful campus and Lubbock is one of the best towns in the country for music.

John Hinckley Jr. and John Denver are two notable Texas Tech alumni. Neither graduated.

Mr Twister May be the first person in the history of the world who put John Denver and John Hinckley in the same sentence lol.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Funny how some like places or don’t like places. When I lived in South Carolina and even before I kept hearing about Charleston. So I take a drive one day and there is a small section with colorful painted houses. Some of the City was semi slums and there were some seafood restaurants , but I hate seafood. Never went back again except for hockey games. To each his own.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Also voted most boring city in America.
That town is oddly located and isolated...it is not really connected to anything. The closest big place is Amarillo and that is a few buildings on top of a pancake. El Paso, DFW, Austin and San Antonio are all really far...

WPK, and you know this because...lol
It’s a long running joke...Aggies, Longhorns and Baylor fans are always throwing that in TTechs fan faces...sorta like RU fans using terms like sewercuse and ped state...

For those who want silly trivia rolling around their brain, it is called Raider Rash lol

WPK, when the conferences shuffled years ago, I get why Texas Tech and Texas-Austin went to the Big 12, but how did Baylor get a slot, but SMU didn’t? Not only is SMU in Dallas, but I always thought it was a big money school.

WPK, when the conferences shuffled years ago, I get why Texas Tech and Texas-Austin went to the Big 12, but how did Baylor get a slot, but SMU didn’t? Not only is SMU in Dallas, but I always thought it was a big money school.
Ann Richards, the governor of Texas at the time was a baylor alum...her school was NOT going to get left out. It was good time for the Baptists...less so for the horny frogs, Methodists and owls...

arkansas was smarter earlier and GTFO

Even with the Longhorn Network and the Big 12 TV package, Arkansas will likely get more TV money than Texas with this new SEC package.

Even with the Longhorn Network and the Big 12 TV package, Arkansas will likely get more TV money than Texas with this new SEC package.
Vanderbilt will as well...too delicious...the best thing arkansas ever did was GTFO or the SWC...A&M could not do it when Arkansas did... and had to wait a long time until the time was right.

Vanderbilt Football marketing slogan—
Buy tickets even though we don’t really try to win.

Do the words "Death Penalty" ring a bell?

With the possible exception of Rice, everybody in the Southwest Conference should have gotten the death penalty. I think when they were around, that conference cheated more than the SEC. All the big boys in the Southwest Conference were perfectly ok with their own cheating but got ticked off when SMU did it and then buried them with the media and NCAA.

Funny how some like places or don’t like places. When I lived in South Carolina and even before I kept hearing about Charleston. So I take a drive one day and there is a small section with colorful painted houses. Some of the City was semi slums and there were some seafood restaurants , but I hate seafood. Never went back again except for hockey games. To each his own.

I thought I was the only one who didn’t like Charleston. I don’t get it either. There is a section that’s nice but a lot of it is sketchy and creepy.

I thought I was the only one who didn’t like Charleston. I don’t get it either. There is a section that’s nice but a lot of it is sketchy and creepy.
Just curious. When was the last time you were there? Back in the late 80's, north of King Street was still tenements. Pretty much all of Charleston up to North Charleston has been gentrified since then.

Just curious. When was the last time you were there? Back in the late 80's, north of King Street was still tenements. Pretty much all of Charleston up to North Charleston has been gentrified since then.

2015. I think we took some wrong turns in our self-navigating walking tour. I guess that can happen anywhere.

I've been to Charleston maybe 7 or 8 times. It is one of the most beautiful cities in America. It has excellent restaurants , beautiful but expensive boutique inns, shopping , civil war attractions , oldest Jewish synagogue in the US, etc.... When I go I stay in Kiawah Island which is a barrier island about a 40 minute drive to Charleston. Kiawah is a gorgeous island with great beaches , terrific golf courses ( ie. the "Ocean Course") etc.

With the possible exception of Rice, everybody in the Southwest Conference should have gotten the death penalty. I think when they were around, that conference cheated more than the SEC. All the big boys in the Southwest Conference were perfectly ok with their own cheating but got ticked off when SMU did it and then buried them with the media and NCAA.

True, but the question was why SMU didn't get a shot with the Big 12.

Just looked up Lubbock - no way in hell would I even visit that town. Looks about as desirable as Wyoming

Not the sharpest tools in the shed in Lubbock, but they were just smart enough to name it Texas Technological University rather than Texas Institute of Technology. What could have been...

Not the sharpest tools in the shed in Lubbock, but they were just smart enough to name it Texas Technological University rather than Texas Institute of Technology. What could have been...
[roll] Being the STD capital of Texas...TIT would have made sense!!!

In order NOT to be known as TAML (tamale) Texas A&M - Laredo adopted the name Texas A&M - International
Given that it sits literally across the Mexican border, tamale would have been the joke from day 1

WPK, so it was previously known as TAIL lol

I love Charleston. Was seriously considering retiring to one of the suburbs. Great foodie town. But it gets ridiculously hot and humid. Had to cross it off the list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT