ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Meet the little-known Rutgers guy who could be the next ESPN radio star

Can her replace lebatard? That guy is so bad at what he does and his grating voice does not help...

Always happy to see fellow alums do well but hope he says some nice things about RU more.

In the past he wasn’t so nice.

Each host’s name is written in their college color – USC gold for Keyshawn Johnson, Duke blue for Jay Williams and Rutgers scarlet for Mehenti. Pretty cool!

Mornings_KJZ.jpg

Always happy to see fellow alums do well but hope he says some nice things about RU more.

In the past he wasn’t so nice.
I have to cut him some slack. His entire time on the banks was during the Shea "error." Like most RU fans at the time, Mehenti (RC'00) avoided Rutgers Stadium as best he could. He was a regular on Knightline, but only called basketball and soccer games as an undergrad.

Reactions: satnom
I have to cut him some slack. His entire time on the banks was during the Shea "error." Like most RU fans at the time, Mehenti (RC'00) avoided Rutgers Stadium as best he could. He was a regular on Knightline, but only called basketball and soccer games as an undergrad.
Regardless.

I was not a fan of the act.

Hope he does a better job going forward like some of our other Scarlet Knights “talent” does when they’re on air.

Regardless.

I was not a fan of the act.

Hope he does a better job going forward like some of our other Scarlet Knights “talent” does when they’re on air.
Understood. I've seen/heard him be tough on Rutgers on air a few times... not any worse than posters on this board. However, he needs to know he's on national TV/radio and any negative words he spouts about RU are far reaching.

Reactions: Scarlet83
As expected when it was announced, that new morning ESPN radio show is unlistenable. It won’t last long. They’ll be calling Golic Sr to come back by next spring.

Reactions: Section124
Nice to see a local guy on this show. And maybe it will find it's footing after the guys work together for a little while. Right now, though, a rough listen. Best of luck to him though - hope it works out, as BSPN doesn't always give shows a long leash.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT