ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minor/Moderate Snowfall NW of 95/N of 78 Mon (2/22)

CloseGreedyBlackbird-size_restricted.gif
Great - so you’ve learned about animated GIF’s even though your kindergarten likely closed today...

Steady snow here in Linden for a while. Got to be close to an inch on the ground.

Been steady snow since around 10am here in Lambertville. Looks like maybe 2” of new stuff.

As of 11:55 am we have 3/4" on colder surfaces and a slushy accumulation on paved surfaces with moderate to almost heavy snowfall rates; street in front of the house now has slush on it yet. Temp down to 33F now and if it stays there, we could be in for a few inches of snow. This one appears to be overperforming almost everywhere.
As of 12:30 pm we're up to 1.5" and it's pouring snow at 33F. Let's see if the rain holds off, but the radar looks close for sleet, I assume.

Sam Champion promised us that it would change over by this time.I picked the wrong day to move my car from underneath 280.

As of 12:30 pm we're up to 1.5" and it's pouring snow at 33F. Let's see if the rain holds off, but the radar looks close for sleet, I assume.
Started mixing around 12:45 with rain, so I measured and got 1.75"; since then it's been mostly rain (not sleet, as the dual pol indicates it might be) with some flakes mixed in. That might be it for us, unless it's an intensity issue, but that's all bonus snow. Still 33F.

Snowing heavy here, got about 2" down in a short period of time.

Told everyone. 😜
No one was disputing the inevitable change to rain - but it happened way later than what you claimed and as a result, it’s been bit messier than expected out there this morning. Some people may want to know that - so not sure why you post here if you are just being a prick.

Reactions: red sail
Damn snow won't stop. This supposed 1-2" has transformed into an accumulation of 4". I didn't think I was going to have to break out the snowblower for this one.

Have 2-3 inches on the driveway. Can’t believe I have to for up the snowblower again.

Reactions: rutino
With rain for many now and temps lkely to go to 35-36F for most south of 78, this will be the kind of snow many of you like, i.e., the kind you don't need to shovel, lol. But if you have slush after dark, shovel it, as temps will be in the upper 20s by around 1-2 am.

+1
Rain just started here as well.
You are a liar. I live in Montgomery also. It's been snowing for about 2 hours now. CLOWN
par for the course.
How the F is it snowing in Monroe and raining in Montgomery? It's always the other way around. I You've lost whatever little credibility you had.
More lies. Still snowing in Montgomery.
No one was disputing the inevitable change to rain - but it happened way later than what you claimed and as a result, it’s been bit messier than expected out there this morning. Some people may want to know that - so not sure why you post here if you are just being a prick.

Epic beatdown for the board troll. But he has no shame. Someone needs to do a psych analysis on this guy, as it's seriously abnormal behavior.

3.6" here in Raritan as of 1:20 PM, that was pretty wild for a while there. Sleet now.

Gotta love the KPHI Winter Weather Advisory being issued as the snow begins to end.

Reactions: RU848789
3.6" here in Raritan as of 1:20 PM, that was pretty wild for a while there. Sleet now.

Gotta love the KPHI Winter Weather Advisory being issued as the snow begins to end.
Wow, that's impressive. As I said, this had high bust potential in either direction, although with the model consensus last night and this morning for at least 1-2" along 95, I'd love to know what the NWS saw that wasn't in the models (they have plenty of other tools that the public doesn't) that made them lowball snow forecasts for everyone. Same for most in the media, who were predicting essentiall nothing for the 95 corridor.

Hey @RUJohnny - any thoughts on what the NWS was thinking? Their AFD didn't really say much other than their thinking that it would simply be too warm for much snow along 95. Did you do a forecast for today?

Wow, that's impressive. As I said, this had high bust potential in either direction, although with the model consensus last night and this morning for at least 1-2" along 95, I'd love to know what the NWS saw that wasn't in the models (they have plenty of other tools that the public doesn't) that made them lowball snow forecasts for everyone. Same for most in the media, who were predicting essentiall nothing for the 95 corridor.

Hey @RUJohnny - any thoughts on what the NWS was thinking? Their AFD didn't really say much other than their thinking that it would simply be too warm for much snow along 95. Did you do a forecast for today?

I actually sided with Mt Holly this time so I busted as well. The models did show a broad consensus of 1-4 inches for NWCNJ however the rates to get there didn't appear to be modeled intense enough to overcome the 33-36 degree surface temps. Typically in that scenario you get about an inch of slush and a lot of white rain. Turned out the rates were closer to 2+ inches an hour which allowed it to accumulate much quicker.

Snow has stopped. Side streets are a mess in Morristown but highways and main streets are clear now. Drizzling now

Nearly 4 inches on the ground in Readington/Branchburg and plows just came through. Still snowing pretty heavily

ADVERTISEMENT