ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Minor snowfall on Sunday, 2/13? And warmer-than-normal pattern for the 2nd half of Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lonnie Quinn had a map last night that showed 1”-3” down here.🤷‍♂️

IMHO, it's worthless to try to specify exactly on Friday how much snow we'll get from a storm on Sunday. All we know is that the storm is likely to be very minor, but that it's possible it will be snowier than that.

The days are getting longer, perhaps I shall start a thread, did I tell you the time I was right about everything when I said the days would get longer after Dec 21
Bac from downtown!

200.gif

You guys truly like to eat your own.
I would love to see all of you reincarnated as the boys from Lord of the Flies, just to see who ends up eating whom and whose head ends up on a pike. THAT would be a series I would binge watch, for sure.
Yet, if you call them out on it, your the bad guy,{pussy}, lmfao. Same guys that won't acknowledge when the "straight shooters" can finally see it. 😉 https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/11/poli...ywoUFmGieN7UkAT3pCmzAYPW5wH7yr8tCerrR0UIu0aGc

I was also born in Feb., during a large snowstorm. I don’t like the winter but ironically like big snowstorms. Summer into the fall is my favorite time of year. I like that 2nd half of Feb. forecast but March is a terrible month…completely schizophrenic weather.

March really is the pits in NJ. Never liked spring in general. Can remember too many days right up to and including Memorial Day weekends that were rainy and cold.

A beautiful and sunny Spring-like day in the new and improved NJ CD-7. #NoJacketRequired

Injecting your petty political comments may seem cool to you, but I guarantee you that to everyone who isn't a moron, it's just annoying.

Everyone is happy to discuss politics in politics threads. But, again, it would be really nice if the regular, non-political threads remain so.

Injecting your petty political comments may seem cool to you, but I guarantee you that to everyone who isn't a moron, it's just annoying.

Everyone is happy to discuss politics in politics threads. But, again, it would be really nice if the regular, non-political threads remain so.
Lol ru4reel. What a windbag. I'll direct my posts to whomever I please and that person can take it up with me. So mind your own business Mr. Nobody.

After this week's brief warm-up. which will last through Saturday, the cold rushes in Saturday night and we could see some light snow on Sunday morning into the afternoon, with up to an inch possible along the 95 corridor from Philly-NJ-NYC and perhaps up to 2" near the coast (with little to no snow well NW of 95). With temps below 32F, it's likely any snow that falls will accumulate on all surfaces. This is still almost 3 days away (too early for snowfall forecasts) and there is the potential for this to be a bit snowier (2-4" have been seen on the occasional model run), but there's also the potential for little to no snow for everyone. Since this is Super Bowl Sunday, people ought to be aware of the chance of some snow.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/56799-possible-east-coast-storm-213-214/page/3/

After this threat and a couple of days of cold temps, we warm up by mid-next week and expect warmer than normal conditions from about mid-February through the end of the month (see the CPC graphic below), as a pattern flip is expected. It's expected we'll move from a pattern with jet stream going up and over a strong high over the Pac NW (keeping the west warm) and then diving down through the center of the country, carving out a large trough in the eastern 1/2 of the nation, with colder than normal temps, to a pattern with the trough over the west and a large southeastern ridge (high) over the eastern US, bringing warmth to the east. The long range ensemble forecasts also predict the development of an EPO+/AO+/PNA- pattern by the end of next week and that kind of pattern clearly favors above to well above normal temperatures in much of the eastern 1/3 of the country, including the NE US. None of this means snow can't happen during a pattern like this in February, but it's just a lot less likely.

https://www.33andrain.com/topic/2046-winter-21-22-weather-pattern-storm-threat-discussion/page/553/

Qd7h0Jn.png

Most forecasters, including the NWS and Lee Goldberg (his map below) are predicting in the 0.5-1.0" range for the 95 corridor (Philly-NJ-NYC), with less well NW and up to 1-2" SE of 95, largely falling from about 2 am to 10 am Sunday, with temps borderline to start (mid-30s), but at or below 32F for most by 4 am and it being dark, obviously, the snow should accumulate on untreated surfaces. However, little to no snow is likely to accumulate on any treated surfaces and any snow that does accumulate on roads should be gone by early afternoon with temps slightly above 32F and the stronger mid-Feb indirect sunlight.

This is a pretty minor event, as currently forecast, but there is an upside of up to 2-3" possible for most and a downside of nada still on the table, depending on how the system evolves, with the front coming through late Saturday night and the interactions between the likely weak system off the coast and the upper level low to our NW.

And it's worth noting that today's 18Z models, which have just come out, are a bit snowier than previous runs, with most showing a 1-2" event for the 95 corridor (and up to 3" on a couple) with 2-3" towards the coast and an inch or less well NW. Not sure if that's a blip or a trend - and these models weren't out yet when the forecasts mentioned above were made. We'll see.

Gorgeous day, today - spent the early part of the day shopping with my wife and then got in two rounds of disc golf at Doc Cramer (Manahawkin), as we have a tournament tomorrow, which should also be beautiful for mid-February. Get outside and enjoy it.

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/56799-likely-light-snowfall-213-214/page/5/

HIHsTtE.png

Last edited:
Reactions: tico brown
Very well. I'll leave you to your Friday night sessions of jerking off to pictures of Trump's shitty drawers.
trump-diarhea.jpg
^^^ru4BleemPuff
giphy.gif

In March 2017, a distasteful image showing President Donald Trump with a brown stain down the back of his golf pants appeared on social media, along with the claim that he was incontinent.

Both this story and the image are fake. The original photograph was taken by Reuters photographer David Moir on 10 July 2012, during the opening of the Trump International Golf Links golf course. Here’s a look at the original image, as well as a cropped closeup showing Trump’s stain-free backside:
trump-golfing.jpg

Reactions: goru1869
^^^ru4BleemPuff
giphy.gif

In March 2017, a distasteful image showing President Donald Trump with a brown stain down the back of his golf pants appeared on social media, along with the claim that he was incontinent.

Both this story and the image are fake. The original photograph was taken by Reuters photographer David Moir on 10 July 2012, during the opening of the Trump International Golf Links golf course. Here’s a look at the original image, as well as a cropped closeup showing Trump’s stain-free backside:
trump-golfing.jpg

Snopes, lol, can't believe you're quoting that far left "news" source. Well that's what you'd normally say about Snopes. I do agree with you, though, that people should check their sources more closely.

Snopes, lol, can't believe you're quoting that far left "news" source. Well that's what you'd normally say about Snopes. I do agree with you, though, that people should check their sources more closely.
It was so embarrassingly fake, and gross, they even had to distance themselves from it. But still some rubes swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Reactions: bac2therac
Most forecasters, including the NWS and Lee Goldberg (his map below) are predicting in the 0.5-1.0" range for the 95 corridor (Philly-NJ-NYC), with less well NW and up to 1-2" SE of 95, largely falling from about 2 am to 10 am Sunday, with temps borderline to start (mid-30s), but at or below 32F for most by 4 am and it being dark, obviously, the snow should accumulate on untreated surfaces. However, little to no snow is likely to accumulate on any treated surfaces and any snow that does accumulate on roads should be gone by early afternoon with temps slightly above 32F and the stronger mid-Feb indirect sunlight.

This is a pretty minor event, as currently forecast, but there is an upside of up to 2-3" possible for most and a downside of nada still on the table, depending on how the system evolves, with the front coming through late Saturday night and the interactions between the likely weak system off the coast and the upper level low to our NW.

And it's worth noting that today's 18Z models, which have just come out, are a bit snowier than previous runs, with most showing a 1-2" event for the 95 corridor (and up to 3" on a couple) with 2-3" towards the coast and an inch or less well NW. Not sure if that's a blip or a trend - and these models weren't out yet when the forecasts mentioned above were made. We'll see.

Gorgeous day, today - spent the early part of the day shopping with my wife and then got in two rounds of disc golf at Doc Cramer (Manahawkin), as we have a tournament tomorrow, which should also be beautiful for mid-February. Get outside and enjoy it.

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/56799-likely-light-snowfall-213-214/page/5/

HIHsTtE.png

Tonight's 0Z models, which have just come out, are a bit snowier than even the 18Z runs with most showing a 1-2" event for the 95 corridor (and up to 3" on a couple) with 2-3" towards the coast and an inch or less well NW. This is more than most forecasters, including the NWS, are predicting, as they generally have snowfall in the 0.5-1.0" range for the 95 corridor (Philly-NJ-NYC), with less well NW and up to 1-2" SE of 95 to the coast (NJ Shore and LI). The National Blend of Models map, below, for the 0Z model suite definitely shows more snow than the NWS forecast map, below, which was put out about 6 hours ago, before the 0Z runs. At this point, the NBM map is more likely to verify, as it's more recent info and forecasts generally become more accurate the closer we get to the event. See y'all tomorrow night...

gw0j03L.png

kGPrt5p.png

Reactions: tico brown
^^^ru4BleemPuff
giphy.gif

trump-golfing.jpg

Facts don't matter to peeps with TDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT