ADVERTISEMENT

OT:MLB 6 divisions 6 runaways

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
Sure things can change but right now it looks like not a lot of drama for the rest of the season. The league and it's advertisers still make zillions but the fans may lose an edge in many markets.. Yankees should shut it down and sell their stock while still reasonably high and the Mets may be waiting to pay off the Madoff money before they build an offense..If you have never been a fan of the game this may not be the year to start.

Pepper have you checked the standings ? Their plane would have to crash to even cut it to 5 games over the "Cards..

I have. I bet 2 or 3 current division leaders don't win the division. Cubs are great but let's not mistake them for the 84 Tigers yet.

Sure things can change but right now it looks like not a lot of drama for the rest of the season. The league and it's advertisers still make zillions but the fans may lose an edge in many markets.. Yankees should shut it down and sell their stock while still reasonably high and the Mets may be waiting to pay off the Madoff money before they build an offense..If you have never been a fan of the game this may not be the year to start.
Just stop with the Madoff money. When the deal went down the courts actually gave the Wilpons at least 75 million for being deceived by good friend Madoff. The Wilpons are plain cheap. Most of their money is tied up in real estate.

If anything the Wilpons have used madoff situation as an excuse, although obviously never publicly said that..I'm less hard on them the past 2 seasons as they've opened up the wallet a bit more. Should still be operating at higher payroll though all things considered- they're just straight up cheap

Divisions won't finish how they currently stand IMO

A lot more drama to come. AL East is going to come down to the wire between three teams. Houston is going to gain ground on Texas. Kansas City and Detroit will make things interesting in the Central. Dodgers likely won't catch SF but should be a wildcard. If the Mets starters get hot they can easily gain ground on Washington. TONS of baseball left

The Wilpons are a small market family in a super market city. I get that but they can be whatever they want as owners of the team They did pretty well last year and are not totally out of it despite my thesis here
But they could disappear in the next week or two if they are not careful. Having said that the Madoff money will be off the books sooner than later. At that point we will see who they really are. If you were in their situation you might not be so cynical.

Baseball blows. Everyone knows the country is just chomping at the bit until NFL and college football starts. I'd rather watch preseason football or an RU practice than a MLB game any day.

Reactions: JPhoboken
It champing at the bit, champ.
ChampChomp.png

July 4, 2015--

NYY lead division by 2 games. End of season- Orioles lead division by 6 games. 8 game shift. [roll]

KC lead division by 3.5 games. End of season, lead by 12 games. 8.5 game shift.

Houston lead TX by 6.5 games. TX wins division by 2 games. 8.5 game shift.

Nats lead division by 4 games. Mets win division by 7 games.[banana][banana][banana][banana]
Eleven game shift. [roll]

STL lead division by 6 games. Win division by 2 games. 4 game shift

LA led division by 4 games. Won division by 8 games. 4 game shift.

It ain't over until it's over. . . . . .

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

The wild-card races are already exciting. And, just as Knight Shift suggests, it's a long way from over. For instance, I don't have a lot of faith in Baltimore and Cleveland.

Less than 60 days away from College Football. Can't wait. I'd rather see MACtion on thursday night in October than a playoff MLB game (unless the Yankees were in it). Not sure when I lost most of my interest in MLB. probably around 2004.

Can't wait until they expand the playoffs to have five wild card teams per league. Everyone gets a trophy!

On July 19, 1978 the soon to be World Champion Yankees were in 4th place, 14 games behind the Red Sox. The team was in shambles. The day before Billy Martin pulled Reggie Jackson from the outfield for lack a hustle and were close to fighting in the dugout. A week later Martin resigned after calling Reggie and born liar and George a convicted one, as his melt down continued.

Bucky f-ing Dent!

East
East
Team
W L Pct GB Home Away Streak RS RA Diff L10
Baltimore
47 35 .573 -- 31-13 16-22 L-5 420 383 37 5-5
Boston 45 37 .549 2.0 26-19 19-18 W-2 463 405 58 5-5

West
West
Team
W L Pct GB Home Away Streak RS RA Diff L10