ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stairway to Heaven's Got No Spirit

RutgersMO

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2001
Rutgers & NJ @ Heart
Jury decides that Led Zep did not rip off Spirit for "Stairway to Heaven".

Of course there are a finite number of possibilities to 12 tone western music. Also
there are certain sounds that we like more than others, that become popular, are copied....and others not so much. Last there may be some tones or notes (in the utmost high or low registers) that many may not hear or appreciate.

Therefore, Spirit's Taurus, written before Stairway ....which Plant / Page can't remember, although Plant possesses a copy of the song (album) / Zep opened for Spirit in the late sixties on several occasions... will just have to settle for sounding a like Stairway. A case of injustice...maybe the song written by Randy California should have been called "Gemini".

http://gizmodo.com/5962375/is-it-possible-to-run-out-of-new-music

Mo

Last edited:
Maybe they'd get more sympathy if they filed 40 year ago. I just passed by what is the 35th graduation since my class (though only one high school in my town now)-"Stairway" was no less than 5 years old (possibly much more) at that point!

The "Talking Heads" were right when they said "You may find yourself....posting on a weird message board!"

Sued the wrong guys. Listen to Floyd's "is there anybody out there?"

Still a stretch, but perhaps they can go after Waters next.

ADVERTISEMENT