ADVERTISEMENT

OT: More Baseball Trivia

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Saw this question and haven't verified it but thought it was a good one and not too hard.

Only three eligible players in history of baseball have won Rookie of the Year, MVP and have been named to at least 7 All Star teams but are not in the Hall of Fame. Who are they?

I stressed the word eligible as that rules out Rose, any active player or any recently retired player, like Ichiro.

Last edited:
My first thought was Al Rosen, but looked him up and he was not rookie of year and only had 4 All Star appearances

Saw this question and haven't verified it but thought it was a good one and not too hard.

Only three eligible players in history of baseball have won Rookie of the Year, MVP and have been named to at least 7 All Star teams but are not in the Hall of Fame. Who are they?

I stressed the word eligible as that rules out Rose, any active player or any recently retired player, like Ichiro.
Thurman Munson Fred Lynn

Mark McGuire and Don Mattingly?

Third player's career spanned late 60s and into the 70s. As I said before his HOF credentials were much discussed on this board in the past 6 months.

Damn I should have known this one right away. I live less than a mile from the stadium that just retired his number. Richie Allen.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Mark Grace had the most hits during the 90s. If you watched the debacle last night you would have heard the Mets' announcers mention it.

ADVERTISEMENT