ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Moving out of state

Question on blackflies and mosquitos in Maine ?

Some areas try to control the blackflies some just wait till it warms up and they die.

Come on out to Washington. Just ranked the #1 state for a second straight year by U.S. News and World Report.

Call them up and tell them you want a 150,000 loan, you want to go back to college.

I've been working from home for years. I worked at home, or remotely at client-sites around the country, and occasionally travelled to my employer's location as a visitor.
If you are remotely based, then your company should consider your home to be your office location. My employer was, for many years, based in NJ, and my office was my home in NH. I paid NH taxes (zero).

I think it varies based on the state your employer is based in and their rules. In NJ it doesn't seem there is a law, but in NY there is.

I'm living in Wenatchee, how about you?

Your town is known for having a deranged school band director

I have a number of co workers living in the State of Washington. Number of comments from them...While they have always loved living there, outdoor life and all...But over the past few years- has become crazy expensive, has become crazy political(both sides- loony left and the crazy extreme right) and last year- had some extreme periods of rain that were even too much for the PAcific NW...

As for myself and choices to live...We no longer have kids in school so school systems make no difference...except- for the quality of people living in the area. Next home, we will most likely be in the $850k range and looking for a minimum of 4 BR 3 Bath and need property for dogs. Would love to be water front- could be fresh or salt water.
With this being the case...It is so hard to make an argument for staying in NJ except for staying near the grown children and now, grand children.
Property taxes in NJ just all out suck. Extreme weather, even though we have 4 seasons- the brutal winters are getting tough. And with the pricepoint we want to be at and the type of house, going into places like the Carolina's make so much more sense. More house, updated, more property and 1/3 or less in taxes. Taxes alone could be a difference of 1000-1500 per month.

I'm living in Wenatchee, how about you?
We live in Bothell. We’ve been camping out in your area.

I have a number of co workers living in the State of Washington. Number of comments from them...While they have always loved living there, outdoor life and all...But over the past few years- has become crazy expensive, has become crazy political(both sides- loony left and the crazy extreme right) and last year- had some extreme periods of rain that were even too much for the PAcific NW...
yes, you definitely have both extremes here though we do have our share of moderates as well. The winter rain was definitely much higher than normal over the last year too....but maybe because 2020 was so messed up in many ways!!

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Your town is known for having a deranged school band director

Wenatchee is a great little city. Besides being out in the middle of gorgeous mountain and river country, it's part of WA's wine and (hard) cider country. And plenty of good craft breweries around the area, along with one of the country's best Oktoberfests. Oh, and you can buy hard liquor at the supermarket.

You'd love it ... if you remembered it.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Wenatchee is a great little city. Besides being out in the middle of gorgeous mountain and river country, it's in the middle of WA's wine and (hard) cider country. And plenty of good craft breweries around the area, along with one of the country's best Oktoberfests. Oh, and you can buy hard liquor at the supermarket.

You'd love it ... if you remembered it.

If you don't have kids in the school system, sounds like a wonderful place...... Not 😄😄😄

No kids, or Grandkids means you can explore where you want to relocate.

Rent a large RV and tour the US to see where you want to buy/rent for the season.
Get a Realtor at each RV stop and have "it" show you around in your price points and likes.

When you find the one you like turn in the RV.

Reactions: tom1944
ADVERTISEMENT