ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Murphy to order all New Jerseyans to Wear masks outdoors (when social distancing isn’t possible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfan01

All American
May 29, 2003
Order will be issued later today

Says it will be hard to enforce but he will
Mandate masks in all public places.

coming across the tape now.

Reactions: BLewis1968
EMT's better be on the ready. We had an ump pass out at a game this week
This is part of the issue. I was at a tournament the last 2 days. Players and umps while on the field shouldn't wear masks, but the associations that run the tournaments require umps to wear masks.
The bigger issue are the fans who are supposed to be 6 ft apart are sitting on top of each other and no one is wearing a mask. I wore mine, walked past a group of 30 fans watching a game and about 5 people had masks on. Once I got to an open space, I took my mask off. When I went to a crowded area, I put it back on. It should be simple.

It’s In public when social distancing isn’t possible. Having a neighbor over for a beer in the backyard, no mask. Going for walk solo, no mask. Even the beach, I thing you’re good to social distance, so no mask.

Reactions: RUnTeX and bossnj1
Wait, as per NJ.com:

"People in New Jersey will now be required to wear masks outside in public when social distancing isn’t possible to help prevent the coronavirus from spreading, Gov. Phil Murphy said Wednesday morning."

Isn't this the rule now? Good grief, what a s-show.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...utside-to-battle-coronavirus-murphy-says.html

that has always been my interpretation of the rule. Does this mean that all of those outdoor gatherings of up to 500 people now require masks? Is he going to reel back the number of people allowed to gather outside?

It’s In public when social distancing isn’t possible. Having a neighbor over for a beer in the backyard, no mask. Going for walk solo, no mask. Even the beach, I thing you’re good to social distance, so no mask.
Crowded boardwalk, some people will wear mask.

that has always been my interpretation of the rule. Does this mean that all of those outdoor gatherings of up to 500 people now require masks? Is he going to reel back the number of people allowed to gather outside?
Well, are those gatherings for SJW protests? :)

does it say you have to wear it over your mouth and nose specifically?

1790076887-johnny2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: RW90 and MrsScrew
Ohio governor ordering the same. Drastic measures to get numbers down and schools and businesses open.

No national plan, Govs are left to figure things out on their own.

It shouldn't be a national plan, it should be local. Do you think people in Rosebud, SD need to follow the same guidelines as the people in NYC?

why can't people just use common sense. I keep mine in my hand, if I'm walking directly past someone I cover my face. It really shouldn't be this hard

The EO requires masks when social distancing is not possible. Of course common sense would seem to make that obvious, but here we are.

Unfortunately, as with this and many other threads here, some of our biggest fans seem to not understand that if they want a football/basketball season, we need to stay vigilant.

Ohio governor ordering the same. Drastic measures to get numbers down and schools and businesses open.

No national plan, Govs are left to figure things out on their own.

"No national plan, Govs are left to figure things out on their own"
And this is exactly how the individual states wanted thing to work when this country and its government were created. Sparsely populated states like Montana, North Dakota etc., have so few cases and minimal community spread and and have a drastically different need for government regulation of things like masks. Fortunately the government was set up to account for differences like this.

Govs on left in Minnesota and Cali,Illinois,NY are figuring nothing out but body counts and destroying the country.

The virus and lack of a national plan are "destroying the country". Someone's got to fill the leadership void. We're in this situation because others weren't willing to step up. Just look at the southern and western states now.

You want to go back to March - May? I don't.

Germany and other Europe countries have geographical areas that are rural like South Dakota, yet their national plans worked.

HA HA Germany has NO vast areas like montana and the Dakotas. North and South Dakota alone are larger than the whole country of Germany yet have a combined population of 1.6 million. Germany has 80 Million. Someone needs a "little" brush up on their basic geography

Murphy is a man with am intellectual Napoleon complex, constantly wanting to prove that he is the smartest man in the room. This is nothing new and if you ever met and talked to him prior to running for governor, you can't be surprised by this order or the mess at motor vehicle yesterday. He might indeed be smart, but he often doesn't think things thru in a rush to assert intellectual dominance and control over those around him.

Exactly. Some of the whining by the usual politically motivated suspects here is over the top...again. It's not a big change at all- just trying to forcefully communicate a reminder because people have become sloppy in recent weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT