ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Book Comes Out Today

Cool..going to be on WFAN with the pope?

Last edited:
“My Dad Yogi”is the name, the publisher is Hachette Books.
Perhaps some of you Rutgers fanatics might be interested in getting an inside view of my dad, our family, and how the importance of family saved me from myself.

I saw in my local paper you’re coming to my town library this Thursday night. I’m not sure I’ll be able to get home from work in time but hope to be able to see you.

My dad took me to meet your dad at the Montclair library about 30 yrs ago. He was very gracious and generous with his time.

Perhaps some of you Rutgers fanatics might be interested in getting an inside view of my dad, our family, and how the importance of family saved me from myself.

awesome! i'm going to go buy me a copy.

Reactions: zappaa
Can't wait to read it. As an old guy that grew up in Hudson County, we often went to Rizzuto Berra Lanes, bowling, eating french fries and drinking YooHoo. Caught a couple of glimpses of your Dad, but finally got to meet him when he sat next to me on a flight to Chicago in the 90's. Charming, gracious and wildly interesting are understatements. I am now semi-retired, but I still have have the "Yogi" book which sat on my work desk since its publication. Whenever I needed a laugh, I would open the book and read any page. I must say that when I ran workshops, I often said to "Pair up in three's". When I go get a Pizza I ask them to cut it into six slices, because "I can't eat eight". And who can resist answering the question of "what time is it" by saying "Now". He will always be a national treasure.

Congrats on the book. Hope sales go well.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Best of Luck with your book!

Congrats, Rutgersal is predicting a Pulitzer and sales of 5,000,000 books!

DTv68uqU8AAU8ZN.jpg

congrats!good luck with the book .Will get a copy.

Zap, I’ve got a great story about your dad when I played at his racquetball club and you were with the Pirates. PM me and I’ll tell you unless you want me to post it.

Congratulations on getting published.

Of course if fans of Rutgers sports spend money on books with the same generosity in which they support RU, I expect one copy will be bought and passed around between board members. Hopefully my turn to read it comes before the summer is over.

Of course if fans of Rutgers sports spend money on books with the same generosity in which they support RU, I expect one copy will be bought and passed around between board members. Hopefully my turn to read it comes before the summer is over.

It would be more accurate to say that if fans of Rutgers sports spend money on books with the same generosity with which they support RU, the board would be filled with people posting about how someone else should pay for all the copies they're entitled to.

Reactions: MOBFreehold

that's so sad......but, funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT