ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My wife got accepted into Rutgers

BHSPCRU

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2007
I am so proud of my wife who in her fourties has been accepted to RU after going back to school and getting her second Associates degree at Raritan Valley Community College. Never give up on your dreams or fear to change careers. Her goal is to get her degree from the School of Communication and Information. Lastly, she is incredibly happy to be attending the state university in New Jersey where we live. She is proud to be a Jersey girl!

Thank you for sharing this news with us. I love stories of people who hang on to a dream and go after it no matter how long it takes. Perserverance is an attribute that can overcome many obstacles. Congratulations to your wife.

Reactions: BHSPCRU
I noticed the OP made sure to post her age in first sentance to avoid what would have likely followed.

What great news for you and RU. The beginning of a nice story. Unfortunately, she won't qualify as a graduate transfer and we need some of those people now.

Bumped into her at the Hillsborough Deli on Saturday. I congratulated her then. She told me not to post that she was there, but what the hell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Outstanding. I do not know her, but I am proud that she has the drive and determination to improve herself. Make sure she has the support to get through the Rutgers Screw, you know it is coming.

Reactions: BHSPCRU
I am so proud of my wife who in her fourties has been accepted to RU after going back to school and getting her second Associates degree at Raritan Valley Community College. Never give up on your dreams or fear to change careers. Her goal is to get her degree from the School of Communication and Information. Lastly, she is incredibly happy to be attending the state university in New Jersey where we live. She is proud to be a Jersey girl!

Awesome for her for choosing Rutgers and ALSO for taking advantage of our excellent, affordable community college system. Students who complete their associates degree before transferring to four year schools have higher success rates than the general student population as a whole.

Reactions: SHUSource
ADVERTISEMENT