ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nashville

BigLou

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
Going to Nashville. For a weekend of fun with my wife followed by a couple of days of business meetings. Looking for recommendations for tours and bars for live music. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: beaced
Bump… I’m curious as well. My friend and I were just talking about a road trip to Nashville.
Yee-haw🤠

Tons of bars in a concentrated area. Most with live music. Rick n roll, not country. Kid Rock’s bar is actually good. Not great food but most people are there to drink. Just plan on bar hopping, there’s so many.
country music HOF is just ok, gives you time to rest your liver

Reactions: MulletCork
Yeah a lot of bars on one strip. How it’s different. Most are multi level with bars on each floor. Huge open spaces in center wihbfull stage view from everywhere

when a band is really cooking and feet stomping , walls quivering, it’s pretty exciting.

next no one will say it’s cheap but the Opryland hotel is a mind blower in its interior.. check as the exhibition hall attached usually have one of a kind exhibits.

from the mall adjacent to the country hall of fame there is a huge paddle wheeler. Music on three floors as you cruise with an acceptable brunch

tours of Rhyman auditorium with aattached mini hof

Andrew Jackson’s house provides a pretty good look and life and trade 150 years ago

in good weather there were, at least, free concerts along the riverside

hey guy have a great time and report back

Go to Arnold’s for lunch. Right near downtown, but not on Broadway.

if you have a car, take a drive to Jack Daniel’s distillery. Roughly an hour or so away, but well worth it. Tour is fantastic

Reactions: MURF87
Going to Nashville. For a weekend of fun with my wife followed by a couple of days of business meetings. Looking for recommendations for tours and bars for live music. Thanks in advance.

As already stated, walk around Broadway where most of the bars have live music. One place with good food and a rooftop bar was Dirks Bentley's Whiskey Row.

Check out Printers Alley a few blocks from Broadway if you get tired of the country music. There's a couple of places there that feature Blues bands. We wandered through there a few years back and came across a place called Bourbon Street with a great band I ended up ordering a couple of their CD's.

I second a trip to JD Distillery. It's about an hour drive from Nashville but I thought it was worth the trip.

- you MUST have Hattie B's Hot Chicken (I dare you to get the "Shut The Cluck Up" level....think Cluck-U's "Global Thermonuclear" back in the day. Get at least one of EACH side. The Bacon Cheese Grits, Beans and Slaw are as good as they come.

- the bars are MASSIVE and many have different music on each level. DO NOT worry if you see long lines. They move - fast - because most of these bars are, again, MASSIVE (like 3-5 stories with rooftop decks as well).

- there are some GREAT Karaoke bars including one that's, well, it's kinda like a basement and garage were attached at the hip. No joke. They only take cash, the ATM is outside, and it's cheap as f*!!! Oh...and it's called "Santa's Pub:"

When we were last there (three years ago), most (if not all?) bars didn't have a cover charge, so patrons were free to bar-hop looking for the best bands. Even better still as mentioned earlier, many bars had two to three floors with a live band playing on each floor. Good times...

Reactions: RUScrew85
I was there for a convention a few years back. went to a couple of fun places- one was the 3-4 floors and we lost half our group and the other one was small with a band and an outside area behind the band. Can't remember the names of either.

Reactions: RUScrew85
When we were last there (three years ago), most (if not all?) bars didn't have a cover charge, so patrons were free to bar-hop looking for the best bands. Even better still as mentioned earlier, many bars had two to three floors with a live band playing on each floor. Good times...
Yeah we didn't pay a single cover charge while there (both times) IIRC.

Reactions: RW90
@Southern Gentleman and I know a really expensive place where, if he joins you, he will try to set you up with the waitress. As hot as she was, and as beautiful a voice she had when she serenaded us at our table, she had man's hands, and that caused me a bit of concern. So check with Southern Gentleman for his recommendations, since he is a total baller and can make anything happen. ;-)

@Southern Gentleman and I know a really expensive place where, if he joins you, he will try to set you up with the waitress. As hot as she was, and as beautiful a voice she had when she serenaded us at our table, she had man's hands, and that caused me a bit of concern. So check with Southern Gentleman for his recommendations, since he is a total baller and can make anything happen. ;-)
no one would have judged you in those man hands...

Kid Rocks is great but the prices have recently gone through the roof. Kids, Tootsie's and Honky Tonk Central are all owed by the same person and they raised their prices last October to $9 a beer. With that said it is worth stopping in at kids, there are bands on all floors from the ground floor stage to the roof top. As mentioned above Dirks has a nice roof top bar as does Ole Red (Blake Shelton). Also had one of my best times at FGL (Florida Georgia Line).

If you are looking for a little less touristy I really like Legends Corner and Doc Holidays (more like local beer and shot bar). Losers is along the same line.

Hattie B's chicken is the shit. If you are looking for a good burger and willing to walk away from Broadway head up 3rd Avenue to Germantown to First Tennesse Park and catch a Minor League baseball game. There is a sports bar out in left field (Third and Home) you can enter off of 3rd ave and watch the game without buying a ticket....Just past the stadium a few blocks is Jack Browns (awesome burgers) Also in Germantown is a bar call Neighbors.... Cool bar, owner is a WWF collector has all kinds of wrestling stuff hanging up and they have 2 for 1 happy hour from 4 to 7 I believe also in the same area a block before the ballfield is Johnathan's they have 2 for 1 either 9 or 10 until close.

If you are looking for tours there is the Ryman tour as mentioned above plus various other musician hall of fame and museums. You have the the Walk of Fame Park a music themed walking path and gardens.

That should keep you going for a while.....

Last edited:
- you MUST have Hattie B's Hot Chicken (I dare you to get the "Shut The Cluck Up" level....think Cluck-U's "Global Thermonuclear" back in the day. Get at least one of EACH side. The Bacon Cheese Grits, Beans and Slaw are as good as they come.

- the bars are MASSIVE and many have different music on each level. DO NOT worry if you see long lines. They move - fast - because most of these bars are, again, MASSIVE (like 3-5 stories with rooftop decks as well).

- there are some GREAT Karaoke bars including one that's, well, it's kinda like a basement and garage were attached at the hip. No joke. They only take cash, the ATM is outside, and it's cheap as f*!!! Oh...and it's called "Santa's Pub:"

Best karaoke bar is Lonnie's Western World in Printer's Alley. Most of the karaoke bars have a tip the DJ to skip the line, but this place doesn't. And the crowd is very much into it.

Try to see a concert at Ryman auditorium no matter who it is. It will be whoever’s playing biggest show and they will put their all into it. Plus, that place is like the Palestra or Cameron Indoor. Small and old but just has that feel to it you can sense the history. Get there early and walk around.

Also, while it’s a short drive outside the city, the Opryland hotel/resort is a must see as someone said above. It’s just absolutely massive and has an indoor nature area just incredible sight to behold. Right next to the Grand Ole Opry arena as well.

Broadway Bar Hopping
Hattie B's for hot chicken
Centennial Park for the exact replica of the Parthenon
Vanderbilt university
Johnny Cash Museum
Grand Ole Opry tour
Ryman auditorium tour
Tootsies .....see if you can find the piece of my liver I left there.
Buy one get 2 boot store.

Reactions: Jm0513
Best karaoke bar is Lonnie's Western World in Printer's Alley. Most of the karaoke bars have a tip the DJ to skip the line, but this place doesn't. And the crowd is very much into it.
If you haven't been to Santa's, GO, that's all I'm saying.

Reactions: RU Golfer
Forgot all about that place.....I am usually on the other side of town. Great place!
Oh it's definitely not easy to find lol! First time we were there, last April, we stayed in the 12th(?) Ave district and someone took us there lol!

Yep. Hattie B's - must go. Any bar on the strip with live music. Crowded and awesome. @MrsScrew had some drinks and bought three pairs of cowboy boots. Fun time. Prepare to be hung over.

Broadway Bar Hopping
Hattie B's for hot chicken
Centennial Park for the exact replica of the Parthenon
Vanderbilt university
Johnny Cash Museum
Grand Ole Opry tour
Ryman auditorium tour
Tootsies .....see if you can find the piece of my liver I left there.
Buy one get 2 boot store.

There ya go. The last two.

I was there for a convention a few years back. went to a couple of fun places- one was the 3-4 floors and we lost half our group and the other one was small with a band and an outside area behind the band. Can't remember the names of either.

That 3-4 floors, I think that's on the corner closest to the river.

And you STILL remember her name? She was drop dead gorgeous and I never got my eyes below her chest to see her hands.
I don’t remember if I noticed them when she first came to the table or when she sat next to me for a few minutes, but they were definitely stronger-looking than i was expecting from such a hot girl. But you would’ve been the best man (in Vegas, no doubt) had things gone a little differently.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
That 3-4 floors, I think that's on the corner closest to the river.

There are many with 3 to 4 floors now......You may be thinking of Acme Feed and Seed and it's right on the corner of Broadway and first.

ADVERTISEMENT