3. Josh Jackson
4. Jayson Tatum
5. Malik Monk
6. De'Aaron Fox
7. Dennis Smith
8. Frank Ntilikina
9. Lauri Markkanen
10. Jonathan Isaac

Any thoughts on these and who your favorite players are in this draft? Which ones are studs and which ones are duds?

best pg draft in years..can't wait til the knicks find a way to mess this one up. I think the top 7-8 players are all studs

Reactions: PSUPOWER
Most "duds" are kids with character issues, which stems from a bunch of things.

I think this draft is pretty strong as far as kids who will be able to help out from day one.

Dwayne Bacon, Corey Sanders best friend is an interesting draft choice. At one time he was a top fifteen pick, and now he may be middle of the second round. Depends. Strong at PG like fbfan said.

Trimble may be back, but it will not improve his draft stock that much next year, even with a center laden draft.

Melo Trimble just might not be a NBA player.

The way it is today I'll bet on average a player's draft stock drops with an extra year. It won't be long until it is conventional wisdom has it as a negative to one's NBA odds to stay in school and players will start to feel pressure to leave early.

Reactions: higgins3
Celtics have Nets pick and I could see them going for Jayson Tatum .

They likely lose Bradley to FA and will supposedly make a big move for Gordon Hayward who's a FA this offseason.

I think Tatum's a can't miss talent----reminds me of Durant.

They likely lose Bradley to FA and will supposedly make a big move for Gordon Hayward who's a FA this offseason.

Yes please

Melo Trimble just might not be a NBA player.

The way it is today I'll bet on average a player's draft stock drops with an extra year. It won't be long until it is conventional wisdom has it as a negative to one's NBA odds to stay in school and players will start to feel pressure to leave early.
Terence Morris agrees with you.

How come former GM King takes no flack for screwing up Philly and then royally F*ing up the Nets?

I honestly haven't seen/heard very much criticism, especially when he was GM. And how much time did he have after Philly fired him and the nets hired him?

All I keep hearing is how smart Ainge was.

Trust me, if you asked 76ers or Nets fans who the worst GM of all time is, they'd be quick to say King.

He's taken so much crap over the years, and deservedly so. Can't believe how bad the Nets will be for years to come!

Reactions: gigantor1024
Trust me, if you asked 76ers or Nets fans who the worst GM of all time is, they'd be quick to say King.

He's taken so much crap over the years, and deservedly so. Can't believe how bad the Nets will be for years to come!
Nets will be a playoff team in 2 years. Not that that is saying a lot, but given the circumstances...

I like Fox the most, but I don't think he goes top 3. 4-7 is likely and whatever team drafts him is going to really luck out.

The Nets set themselves back 10 years when they acquired those 2 washed-up players ( Paul Pearse and Kevin Garnett ) from the Celtics !!

Just imagine, the Nets made it to the NBA finals twice and they left NJ for Brooklyn. So far that hasn't worked out very well at all. They are by far the worst team in the NBA.

Melo Trimble declares for the draft and will sign with an agent

Last edited:
The Nets set themselves back 10 years when they acquired those 2 washed-up players ( Paul Pearse and Kevin Garnett ) from the Celtics !!
The thing that always gets overlooked about that trade and the current situation is if the Nets didn't make that trade they wouldn't be this bad. As a result they wouldn't be missing out on top lottery picks.

Reactions: gigantor1024
Just imagine, the Nets made it to the NBA finals twice and they left NJ for Brooklyn. So far that hasn't worked out very well at all. They are by far the worst team in the NBA.
Nets won 32% of their games the 5 years prior to moving to Brooklyn and in their first 5 seasons in Brooklyn they have won 42% of their games. The past 2 seasons have been brutal as a result of The Trade, but people tend to forget how truly putrid they were after the Kidd era in NJ.

Nets haven't been the same since they cut Bill Raftery as the team's color commenter.

I've heard the C's may trade down to take him a bit later (like, 4th). Easily the best positioned team in the next 3 years.

I think it's a top 4 type of draft - Ball, Fox, Jackson, and Fultz - in that order. I wasn't high on Ball, and he *does* come with some family baggage but I think he's going to be a helluva point guard.

Not as sold on Tatum, I think he benefited from being surrounded by talent (I know, I know, could say the same about Ball - but I think Ball improved the players around him).

loved willis reed as a knick...but as a nets gm..he's running neck and neck with king

Let's talk about Fultz for a bit -- for the entire year he's been the #1 until around the NCAA postseason. I guess that's what happens when your team is awful despite your stats. But watching the kid this year, he's absolutely unstoppable.

Where do you pledge allegiance in the Fultz vs Ball rivalry?

I've heard the C's may trade down to take him a bit later (like, 4th). Easily the best positioned team in the next 3 years.

I think it's a top 4 type of draft - Ball, Fox, Jackson, and Fultz - in that order. I wasn't high on Ball, and he *does* come with some family baggage but I think he's going to be a helluva point guard.

Not as sold on Tatum, I think he benefited from being surrounded by talent (I know, I know, could say the same about Ball - but I think Ball improved the players around him).

I think this draft is waaaayyy deeper than Top 4. I think kids like Fox (Ky), Monk (Ky), Markkanen (Ariz), Bridges (Mich St), and Leaf (UCLA) all would have been Top 3 picks in the last three drafts. I looooove Josh Jackson and I love Ball. In my opinion Tatum is going to be a really good pro. And down this '17 draft a bit kids like Adebayo (Ky) and Giles (Duke) have big time reward potential.

I truly think the '17 draft is as good a draft as we've seen a long while.

Reactions: higgins3
Where do you pledge allegiance in the Fultz vs Ball rivalry?

Ball.

Reminds me of Kidd a LOT, right out of the California playgrounds. Big guard with insane vision. Smarter than he is athletic. Terrible shooter. Edit: By "Terrible shooter", I mean more ugly than ineffective. He's actually not an awful shooter. So there's room for improvement there.

But I like my point guards to improve everyone around them.

Fultz seems awesome, but almost in more of an Iverson way. Needs the ball.

Last edited:
I think this draft is waaaayyy deeper than Top 4. I think kids like Fox (Ky), Monk (Ky), Markkanen (Ariz), Bridges (Mich St), and Leaf (UCLA) all would have been Top 3 picks in the last three drafts. I looooove Josh Jackson and I love Ball. In my opinion Tatum is going to be a really good pro. And down this '17 draft a bit kids like Adebayo (Ky) and Giles (Duke) have big time reward potential.

I truly think the '17 draft is as good a draft as we've seen a long while.

Lots of people think it's a deep draft, and it may turn out that way.

Fox was in my Top 4 (along with Jackson, Ball, and Fultz). I like Monk a lot offensively, but a bit undersized and could be a liability in the NBA. I like Leaf, Markkanen, and Bridges (in that order) but see them more as "good to solid" players. But I think there are 4 stars at the top, like the Lebron draft but without the mega-star of LBJ.

Just goes to show you how people can look at things differently.

I have Jackson around a Number 20 pick-----not in the same league as Tatum

Who knows ?

Isaiah Briscoe will declare and sign with an agent.

Where the heck do you draft a guy like him, if at all? I just don't see enough upside here.

He's a 6'3 PG, which is ... ok, I guess, for a PG. He improved his shooting tremendously this season, but is still a terrible shooter. That's how bad his frosh year was. I mean, I guess the kid can play some D.

That being said, I wish he'd have come to Rutgers, but I just don't see all that much NBA potential ahead of him.

Isaiah Briscoe will declare and sign with an agent.

Where the heck do you draft a guy like him, if at all? I just don't see enough upside here.

He's a 6'3 PG, which is ... ok, I guess, for a PG. He improved his shooting tremendously this season, but is still a terrible shooter. That's how bad his frosh year was. I mean, I guess the kid can play some D.

That being said, I wish he'd have come to Rutgers, but I just don't see all that much NBA potential ahead of him.

just started a thread on this. Hes certainly not going in the 1st round-not even close IMHO. hes a 2nd rounder and probably the latter portion

Who do you like in the early-mid 20s, where the Nets will have 2 picks?

Being that the Nets are ... the Nets (thanks Billy King), I would think they should go very high risk, high reward with the picks.

Hamidou Diallo
[URL='http://www.nbadraft.net/players/harry-giles']Harry Giles
[/URL]
[URL='http://www.nbadraft.net/players/harry-giles'][/URL]
Mind you, I don't think they'll last that long, but even as a Sixers fan, I think that uncertainty and injury would put these guys in the top 5-10 of the draft without their issues.

Barring any funny business, it looks like Fultz will go #1 to Boston (great trade by them), and Ball will go #2 to LA (haha, idiots).

That leaves my Sixers at #3. I see above that some people are enamored with Jayson Tatum.

What is it that you like about him? What exactly is his position? What about him do you think is special enough to transition to being an NBA star?

I'm a bigger fan of Josh Jackson, Jonathan Isaac, and a handful of other players (no Duke bias, I promise). But maybe it's just because I don't feel I have a true understanding of Tatum's game.

If fultz is so good why was Washington so bad? If he is a franchise player shouldn't he have pulled them up to at least 500?

hate the Celtics as a diehard Nets fan...this draft will sicken me...

that said, I am very interested by what Philly does...on the surface it appears they need a point, but Fultz and Ball could be gone...do they go after Fox...where does Simmons play, if he is healthy...Saric and their center if healthy look like the real deal...if Simmons is their point, do you go after a wing...maybe just go after best player rather than position (just ask Portland)...

Hoping the Celtics:
1) Get Hayward
2) Trade #1 for someone who wants Ball (anti Lakers/Lavar move here)
3) Get a good player still with #2 trade + get another top pick for next year
4) Package a couple players for a center

If fultz is so good why was Washington so bad? If he is a franchise player shouldn't he have pulled them up to at least 500?

Fultz is a kid who should absolutely dominate. He has it all. But he doesn't.

Had a nice Pac 12 career, but I'd be concerned as to why he didn't dominate. But he definitely passes the eye test with unlimited potential.

Wish the Lakers could get him instead of drafting Ball, who looks like a poor man's version of Shawn Livingston, only a worse shooter and can't play d.

His racist father made him more than he is. I'd pass at 2. And 3. And 4.

Fultz will be a bust. He has lack of quickness will do him in. Jackson has bust potential - hemay end being just a high energy guy in the league. Tatum best in the draft. Ball will get 15pts, 10 assist, 7rbds a night. Fox will be really good. Issac and Dennis Smith jr would be top 5 in another yrs draft. This draft is about 10 deep on good players. Stay away from Fultz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT