ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA is back tonight!

NickRU714

Heisman Winner
Aug 18, 2009
NBA seeding games start tonight!
Having 3,4, 5 games on TV every day starting in the afternoon through the night is going to be awesome.

My wife is already annoyed.

I’m really just starting this thread for the negative comments.

haven't watched NBA games for years,even playoffs and championship serie, but considering it now.

Reactions: NickRU714
It's kind of fitting.

Rudy Gobert started all this.
On the restart he wins the first jump ball and immediately scores the first basket.

It's kind of fitting.

Rudy Gobert started all this.
On the restart he wins the first jump ball and immediately scores the first basket.
I noticed he was using the fist bump to greet everyone before the tip.

Yawn is right.
Very tired today from staying up late to watch actual sports.
Games start up today at 3pm.

I should switch to MLB games.
They are all getting cancelled so would be able to get an early night's sleep.
:Wink:

Yawn is right.
Very tired today from staying up late to watch actual sports.
Games start up today at 3pm.

I should switch to MLB games.
They are all getting cancelled so would be able to get an early night's sleep.
:Wink:
I enjoyed seeing the games again along with baseball. It takes a little getting used to at first, but it's sort of like watching Maui Invitational games only with NBA players. The players were going at it hard right out of the gate and I really felt that in the first game at least, the refs were really letting them play.

Am now! I’m going to follow him. Go Issac! Real man!
As I said in the other thread that was deleted, good for him and good for those who kneel. Thankful to live in a nation where freedom of speech and expression are permitted. Now do you want to discuss hoops or continue derailing the thread?

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Popovich served and defended his country in the Air Force. The current President is more of a communist than Popovich will ever be.

Why would you bring up President Trump and not LeBron James?

Aside from you being unhinged I guess.

Pop is a major jackhole.

I haven't watched a NBA game in a long time and know that.

I will never watch the NBA again and will try to not utilize it's sponsors like Nike that uses slave labor.

The NBA is very chummy with the CCP , absolutely disgusting.

As I said in the other thread that was deleted, good for him and good for those who kneel. Thankful to live in a nation where freedom of speech and expression are permitted. Now do you want to discuss hoops or continue derailing the thread?
I can discuss what I want. You don’t have to respond. In fact, I would be better for you if dont apparently.

This is discussing hoops btw. This is what’s happening in basketball now. Deal with it.

Pop is a major jackhole.

I will never watch the NBA again and will try to not utilize it's sponsors like Nike that uses slave labor.

Lebum James works for China.

Pop is a major jackhole.

You have not and will not watch the NBA.....WOW, that's huge news. Maybe FoxNews will lead with that story on its next broadcast.

Please tell us more....do you watch NFL, NHL, MLS, MLB, PGA, LPGA, Pro Rugby, Pro Lacrosse, Tennis ?

Last edited:
I can discuss what I want. You don’t have to respond. In fact, I would be better for you if dont apparently.

This is discussing hoops btw. This is what’s happening in basketball now. Deal with it.
Spoken like a true 10 year old. Always looking for a fight and nothing else. I do enjoy seeing you get all butt hurt over things like this. People, including NBA players, have a right to express their views in this great nation. Deal with it. God bless America!

Spoken like a true 10 year old. Always looking for a fight and nothing else. I do enjoy seeing you get all butt hurt over things like this. People, including NBA players, have a right to express their views in this great nation. Deal with it. God bless America!
Hahaha you are triggered.

Gotta do better than that. Can’t use “triggered” for everything. You got nothing as usual. God bless free speech and God bless the USA!
Exactly. So why does a guy standing for the anthem have you all salty? Relax bros

Exactly. So why does a guy standing for the anthem have you all salty? Relax bros
No not at all. Re-read my initial post. Supporting free speech for both. You are the jackass here. But no one should be surprised by that.

Lebum James works for China.

You should google what Lebron has on the back of his jersey.

I would have said to just put on his game (currently playing) but that would require actually watching the sport instead of just reading internet and twitter stories about the sport.

Reactions: LotusAggressor
You mean his name?

He still wearing Nikes made by child slaves? I bet yes.

Popovich served and defended his country in the Air Force. The current President is more of a communist than Popovich will ever be.

I’m addition to probably being a communist, he’s a drama queen. He thinks it’s funny that he acts like a jackass to reporters, especially female ones, and then he pulls a stunt like this and expects everyone to “guess” why he’s standing when it’s no longeR the “cool” thing to do. He thinks he’s so “deep” and thoughtful when he’s actually just an ahole looking for attention.

Reactions: Caliknight
Hahaha ratings for the NBA in the toilet.

Source?
Most things I've seen cite good ratings.
Especially considering the national games are not actually national.
Regional networks are also carrying the "seeding games" at the same time as the national networks.

Here is a couple other articles:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nba-returns-strong-ratings-tnt-1305382
The first pro basketball games in the United States since mid-March averaged 2.73 million viewers on TNT Thursday night, led by a marquee matchup between the Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers. Digital platform viewing pushed the total audience to 2.9 million, according to Turner Sports.

That figure is more than double the average viewership for an NBA game on the league's national broadcast partners this season (TNT, ESPN, ABC and NBA TV).

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/television-ratings-mlb-nba

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/tv...g-numbers-for-tnt-as-nba-restarts-1234722650/

A thrilling showdown between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Los Angeles Clippers drew 3.4 million total viewers, more than doubling the network’s average viewership for a regular season telecast. To put that number into perspective, that represents the eighth most-watched game of the NBA season so far and the least-watched of the Lakers and Clippers’ four match ups in the 2019/20 season to date. However, it is also worth mentioning that the opening night game was exclusive to TNT, whereas the audience for Thursday night’s encounter was diluted slightly by the fact it aired on multiple affiliate networks across the country.

Interesting.

Players names are back on the jerseys in addition to the social justice messages.

I'm going to assume the NBA got complaints from TV viewers/partners that it was hard to identify players.
Especially with the sound off (how I usually watch games).

Interesting.

Players names are back on the jerseys in addition to the social justice messages.

I'm going to assume the NBA got complaints from TV viewers/partners that it was hard to identify players.
Especially with the sound off (how I usually watch games).
I have to be honest, I wanted to see the players names. No problem with the message, but as a casual NBA fan now that the Knicks have been so bad for so long, I’d like to see the names.

Reactions: NickRU714
ADVERTISEMENT