ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA is back tonight!

I have to be honest, I wanted to see the players names. No problem with the message, but as a casual NBA fan now that the Knicks have been so bad for so long, I’d like to see the names.

I agree.
I know most of the stars by face/number/size but sometimes it going down the roster it's been a little hard.

Plus, I don't listen with the tv sound most games.
Have been putting them on in background while working.

Reactions: RUPete
Interesting.

Players names are back on the jerseys in addition to the social justice messages.

I'm going to assume the NBA got complaints from TV viewers/partners that it was hard to identify players.
Especially with the sound off (how I usually watch games).
I watch games with the sound off, too. Didn't know other people did that. I could see this being a problem for the casual viewer. It might not be as much of an issue for the hard core fan.

Me and the NBA

96112935-cute-little-baby-sleeping-on-stomach-with-funny-open-mouth-daytime-sleeping-close-up-.jpg

Reactions: Caliknight
Actually, just read it. What she said about politics and sports was pretty mild. As long as she doesn't infringe on the players' right to free speech, no issues there.

Haven't given it much thought to be honest- not familiar with the story. Do you often resurrect threads from almost a week ago or are you a huge NBA fan?
This thread is a week old? I didn't resurrect it. Try again.

Actually, just read it. What she said about politics and sports was pretty mild. As long as she doesn't infringe on the players' right to free speech, no issues there.
There were calls for her to be tossed out as an owner... for disagreeing with the WNBA policy about having that Marxist BLM organization on warm-ups. Glad to see you are defending free speech now.

There were calls for her to be tossed out as an owner... for disagreeing with the WNBA policy about having that Marxist BLM organization on warm-ups. Glad to see you are defending free speech now.
Calls didn't come from me, so not sure why you are looking for a fight. Although, she could have chosen her words better in the other comment about the protesters - I don't think either comment wouldbe grounds for running her out of ownership or whatever she was doing with the team at that point. Now, got any NBA insights you want to share or are you more of a WNBA fan?

Calls didn't come from me, so not sure why you are looking for a fight. Although, she could have chosen her words better in the other comment about the protesters - I don't think either comment wouldbe grounds for running her out of ownership or whatever she was doing with the team at that point. Now, got any NBA insights you want to share or are you more of a WNBA fan?

You did see your quote that I responded to.. right? Lots of NBA insight there... no "picking fights" there.. am I right?

"People, including NBA players, have a right to express their views in this great nation. Deal with it. God bless America!"
That was my question... are you consistent when the topic comes up or is it only for speech with which you agree. You have answered.

Reactions: Caliknight
You did see your quote that I responded to.. right? Lots of NBA insight there... no "picking fights" there.. am I right?

"People, including NBA players, have a right to express their views in this great nation. Deal with it. God bless America!"
That was my question... are you consistent when the topic comes up or is it only for speech with which you agree. You have answered.
If you go back through the thread, I actually comment on the NBA. My other comments were in response to another poster and you, who clearly have no interest in discussing play on the court.

Back on topic......power restored finally!!

Have missed all the games since Tuesday.
Settling in for a long night tonight.

Reactions: RUPete

Lol, you got him!

If you go back through the thread, I actually comment on the NBA. My other comments were in response to another poster and you, who clearly have no interest in discussing play on the court.
If you do not want to defend your comments then don't make those comments.

What is it with you guys?

How dare anyone respond to me! How dare they challenge anything I posted on a public message board! Please allow me to make my snide comments in peace and focus on the NBA!​

How dare anyone respond to me! How dare they challenge anything I posted on a public message board! Please allow me to make my snide comments in peace and focus on the NBA!​
I have no idea what you are talking about. My posts are very clear in this thread. If you can’t understand I can’t help you. I’m not sure where you are getting these post quotes from because I didn’t make them.

Conveniently ignored my response. You got nothing yet again. Clown.
What response triggered guy? Shouldn’t you be used to being ignored anyway? I’m guessing it’s been that way your entire life. So what has you so upset now?

I’m guessing they come from the everyone gets a trophy crowd. They get so angry lol!

37 pts
14 reb
19 ast
2nd year in the league

Finishing with a between the legs assist, against the NBA MVP, in a close game in OT.

Luka went 3rd overall AND got traded.

So...surprises so far: The Nets and Suns playing well. Also, Blazers are playing well after initially voting not to take part in the Bubble Games. Is Jacque Vaughan able to parlay the bubble performance into the permanent Nets job or are Kevin and Kyrie thinking differently?

Reactions: NickRU714
Obviously you must since you felt the need to comment. :Shocked

My opinion it's become pro wrestling. Spectacular athletic moves but you almost know what's going to happen.

Hmm....you dont watch but you know what's going to happen?
Let me guess: another Warriors vs. Lebron finals?

Literally nonone knows what's going to happen this year.
Even without COVID, this year was a total tossup.

Warriors have been hurt all year.
Lakes/Clippers is basically a toss up.
Bucks have dominated the East but inexperienced in the playoffs.

Raptors are defending champs - but lost the NBA finals MVP.
Nobody really expected them to be the #2 seed in the East.

Another interesting story that came out of this was some of the Nets hanging out poolside with some of Rockets who gave them advice on how to play the Bucks. The Nets then go out the next day and beat them.

Hmm....you dont watch but you know what's going to happen?
Let me guess: another Warriors vs. Lebron finals?

Literally nonone knows what's going to happen this year.
Even without COVID, this year was a total tossup.

Warriors have been hurt all year.
Lakes/Clippers is basically a toss up.
Bucks have dominated the East but inexperienced in the playoffs.

Raptors are defending champs - but lost the NBA finals MVP.
Nobody really expected them to be the #2 seed in the East.

I've watched the NBA for 60 years. I guess I'm a "get off my lawn" type of guy but I can't watch a game, Bucks/Nets, when two teams combine for about 200 shots and more then half of them are from 25+ feet that's not basketball for me.
Even in the NCAA. Modern zone offense?? Pass the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds and then take a three.
Three pointers have changed basketball and not for the better IMHO.
I'm pretty sure that you'd disagree but that's what opinions are for.

Wtf! Stupid f'n Nets.

What a terrible play to end the game
Step back 20ft fadeaway??

I've watched the NBA for 60 years. I guess I'm a "get off my lawn" type of guy but I can't watch a game, Bucks/Nets, when two teams combine for about 200 shots and more then half of them are from 25+ feet that's not basketball for me.
Even in the NCAA. Modern zone offense?? Pass the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds and then take a three.
Three pointers have changed basketball and not for the better IMHO.
I'm pretty sure that you'd disagree but that's what opinions are for.

agree, it’s gone to far. These guys are great shooters. No doubt about it, but it’s not enjoyable when everything is ball screen, penetrate, swing, swing, 3. Scoring is way to high. Not much excitement when buckets are so easy to come by. They need to allow defenses to get more aggressive. I would get rid of the corner 3 and push the 3 point line back another foot.

Didn't see the game but sounds like your modern NBA.
Nobody went to the basket or was it a kick out?

Saw the end. Down 1, instead of driving to the basket take a step back 19 footer.
NBA 2020!!!
:DeadHorse: :BeatDeadHorse:

I love how "college basketball fans" appear to watch very little college basketball.
Everyone on his board thinks CBB is "5 passes before a shot" Princeton offense.

Every close NCAA Tourney game ends with an iso chuck up 3 for a "hero" moment - regardless of if a 3 is needed or not.

A CBB team would never dribble away the clock and chuck up a deep contested step back shot as the game is ending......

My roommate from RU and I call this the "Bus Play" from attending games with Douby.

Douby would dribble out the clock while the other 4 guys stand around waiting for a bus.

agree, it’s gone to far. These guys are great shooters. No doubt about it, but it’s not enjoyable when everything is ball screen, penetrate, swing, swing, 3. Scoring is way to high. Not much excitement when buckets are so easy to come by. They need to allow defenses to get more aggressive. I would get rid of the corner 3 and push the 3 point line back another foot.
That won't make any difference to the better 3 point shooters in the league. Damian Lillard has been draining 35 footers on a regular basis. The shooting in the NBA has reached such a high level that moving the line back won't have an effect.

The interesting thing is how energetic everyone is without the rigors of travel. The Denver-Utah game the other day was great to watch. Think it is a happy compromise, restoring names and uni numbers to the jerseys while still allowing players to post their social justice message. Overall, however, the anti-police movement is losing steam, as it should.

Man, the Lakers still can't shoot. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to the loss.

ADVERTISEMENT