ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/13-10/15 Thurs-Sat

Clemson wins 34-28 on FSU

Duke up 35-31 on UNC 2:30 left and they just had a great TD catch negated by a chop block.

Missed FG and UNC gets the ball on their 26 2:09 left

UNC scores the TD on 8yd pass…but UNC receiver may have stepped out of bounds and not reestablished before catching the TD…under review

They say the ruling stands….don’t agree with that. 38-35 UNC

Oh baby Rising runs it in on the scramble 43-42 Utah

USC will get it back with 48 secs..USC has scored some quick TDs in this game but only need a FG

Good return to mid field called back by holding

Reactions: fsg2
How does one PAC 12 team beating another PAC 12 team, constitute a PAC 12 implosion?
Apparently through the years you haven’t been paying attention to the playoff contenders in the Pac12. Each year the PAC12’s contenders lose to someone in conference they should beat. It happens every year and every year @rutgersguy1 says the same thing. Then bam the next contender loses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
I’m guessing most of this board is hoping you don’t 😂

Not a baseball fan or really any other sports anymore..all CFB for me.
Tuned in to catch the flurry of late game activity in the multitude if 3:30 games. There was an amazing window timeframe.

A couple more close ones tonight topped off by USC falling after Utah 2–pt play and ridiculous end game clock management by the officials.

At least I won’t lose sleep dwelling over a what if about today. 5-1 ain’t bad compared to midsummer bad scenario thoughts of 3-3. Maybe they sandbagged to have tOSU too overconfident in a couple weeks.

Its usually around 7th game/mid October where you get a shake-up/shake-out and some of the traditionally overrated teams go back to ordinary. No more Wagners left on schedules

This is what makes pure college football (sans NIL issues) a great sport!
And it will continue to happen regardless of NIL which is why it doesn’t bother me. If anything, I’ve been seeing things this year that haven’t happened in a long time. Opportunity is as good as it’s ever been.

There is never going to be absolute parity in the sport but the potential opportunity is as good as ever imo.

Reactions: rucoe89
And it will continue to happen regardless of NIL which is why it doesn’t bother me. If anything, I’ve been seeing things this year that haven’t happened in a long time. Opportunity is as good as it’s ever been.

There is never going to be absolute parity in the sport but the potential opportunity is as good as ever imo.
Nah it’ll go back to the haves and have nots. Lots of Covid 6th years out there. Once they cycle out talent will concentrate again.

Nah it’ll go back to the haves and have nots. Lots of Covid 6th years out there. Once they cycle out talent will concentrate again.
It’ll always be haves and have nots but the have nots have more opportunities than ever now to improve imo.

The impact of days like today will be significantly lowered with the future CFP expansion.

Every one of these teams that lost no longer control their own fate and now need help (to varying degrees) to make the CFP.
I know you like 4 while I like 12 or 16 but the playoffs didn’t come into my mind once in any game today. I was just enjoying the fun games and upsets.

I think 2-3 teams above would still likely make the playoffs if they won out. But I’m not even thinking about that on a day like yesterday.

If it was 12 though, I don’t know if it would have crossed my mind but maybe if anything it would be wow a team like TCU might get in or wow the Cuse is angling for it. (I think they will have multiple losses but nonetheless)

If anything about the playoffs would cross my mind, it would be more about the lower status names you don’t expect having a chance vs oh this big name just got knocked out. Maybe later in the season it would be both those things.

Last edited:
Anyone know a good voodoo curse? 😂
See now this was what I was looking for and someone out there must’ve been doing something…maybe Mrs Heupel lol.

From the article:

You could say that Kate Dykes is a little superstitious. This is the second week in a row the wife of head coach Sonny Dykes has watched her husband’s team play in a nail biter. Last week in Lawrence, Kansas, she went to the bathroom in the third quarter and heard the Frogs scored on the radio broadcast, so she stayed in there for the rest of the third stanza, even texting a high-profile TCU booster a picture of her new seat.

This week, she was in the stands while the Frogs pulled off a furious second-half comeback, but she says she refused to move from her seat while TCU stormed back to send the game to overtime and become the last undefeated team in the Big 12, knocking off Oklahoma State their previously perfect perch.

ADVERTISEMENT