ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/20-10/22 Thurs-Sat

Wow what a catch by Washington for the PSU TD 24-10

Some breathing room finally for South Carolina on the TD run…24-14 SC

Last edited:
PSU breaking it open now 31-10 on the TD run.

TCU driving inside the 10…maybe they do have another comeback in the tank. 4th and 1 inside the 2

Rattler completely unaware of the pressure and he gets hit and fumbles and A&M recovers.

Minnesota is a winnable game next week.
I’ve always said all of them are except OSU and I moved Michigan in that direction after PSU. I’m only worried about consistent open and dominant offenses and you don’t see too many of them in the B10. IU’s offense going into today was ranked 97 in YPG and 124 in YPP. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose or get blown out just that if those other teams aren’t consistently productive anything is possible.

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
That TO by Rattler is costly, A&M converts 24-21 SC into the 4th

TCU also converts the short yardage into a TD 28-24 KSU

I’ve always said all of them are except OSU and I moved Michigan in that direction after PSU. I’m only worried about consistent open and dominant offenses and you don’t see too many of them in the B10. IU’s offense going into today was ranked 97 in YPG and 124 in YPP. Doesn’t mean we can’t lose or get blown out just that if those other teams aren’t consistently productive anything is possible.
I just did an informal survey of Rutgers' defense (based on memory and other scores). Rutgers has held up well against B1G opponents, who seem to have scored more against other teams. That thread about the Rutgers defense got co-opted by a PSU fan, and pooh-poohed our competition. Our defense gave up less points to Ohio State than Iowa's vaunted defense. Yeah, the Mrs. Lincoln meme fits well. But I'd put the remaining games in winnabibility as (the first 3 having a decent probability of winning):

Maryland (esp. if Taulia is out)
Mich State
Minnesota
Penn State
Michigan

I just did an informal survey of Rutgers' defense (based on memory and other scores). Rutgers has held up well against B1G opponents, who seem to have scored more against other teams. That thread about the Rutgers defense got co-opted by a PSU fan, and pooh-poohed our competition. Our defense gave up less points to Ohio State than Iowa's vaunted defense. Yeah, the Mrs. Lincoln meme fits well. But I'd put the remaining games in winnabibility as (the first 3 having a decent probability of winning):

Mich State
Minnesota
Penn State
Michigan
Iowa’s defense played well today. Their offense turned it over 6 times and OSU early in that game had a bunch of really good starting field positions like on Iowa’s side of the field. Iowa kept holding them to FGs. Eventually a pipe busts under pressure.

TCU completes those comeback with a 55yd TD pass.l to Johnston. Can they hold through the last quarter plus. 31-28 TCU

TCU completes those comeback with a 55yd TD pass.l to Johnston. Can they hold through the last quarter plus. 31-28 TCU

TCU goes ahead 31-28 over K-State. Sonny Dykes having a heck of a first year after doing well at SMU after being let go/or left? Cal.
Spider-Man Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1
After reading through Reddit CFB game threads, I can honestly say Kansas State fans are some of the most annoying I have seen in a while. Rooting for TCU -- very good game on FS1

Mich State
Minnesota
Penn State
Michigan
Some stats from the game

TCU goes ahead 31-28 over K-State. Sonny Dykes having a heck of a first year after doing well at SMU after being let go/or left? Cal.
Yup and why I’m so desperate for offense lol. You’re almost never out of a game if you have a strong offense. This will be week two for them if they finish the job.

The team they came back against last week had a 17 point comeback themselves today against Texas.

SC TD puts them up 9 with 3 min left and A&M isn’t a strong one. 30-21

TCU goes up more 38-28..valiant effort but KSU with its backup but the TCU offense waking up might be too much

Kansas State totally falling apart... went for it on 4th at their own 30 and TCU scores off it, just baffling
Still 10 mins left so not out of it but they need a score badly.

Oh man they had Warner wide open and just missed it for the TD and then miss the FG too. Double whammy

Oregon St up 42-9 on Colorado..think it’s safe to say they will rack up win 6. 6-2, nice job Jonathan Smith

PSU won 45-17

Last edited:
Oh my goodness A&M gets the onsides with 10 secs left down 6 at the 50

1 more play left

SC wins

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Not to be on an anti-KSU rant (weird bc I don't really care about TCU or KSU), but their fans are some of the worst I've seen online in a while. Seem very trashy

Texas A&M’s offense has scored less than 25 points in nine straight games vs FBS teams. The only teams with longer active streaks are Colorado and Rutgers

Texas A&M’s offense has scored less than 25 points in nine straight games vs FBS teams. The only teams with longer active streaks are Colorado and Rutgers
Was just about to post that tweet.

Here’s another one on A&Ms offense

Reactions: jay_hq
Marshawn Lynch just let out a “these mother fvckers” on live tv during the Cal vs Washington game. I’m still trying to figure out how the hell that guy got into Cal with his 670 SAT?
Cover your ears if you don’t want to hear it lol

My Cal buddy says he misses Sonny's offense.
Cal hanging tough with UW. 14-7 UW.
Yea they went down to UW yesterday. Wilcox tried with his first OC Beau Baldwin but he left back to FCS after it wasn’t working and nothing much better since.

Like I’ve said before if you’re a defensive HC who didn’t “grow up” around offense, they somehow have a lower probability of getting it right on offense. I guess unless you have oodles of talent all over.

🤣 Think our resident Mike Houston poster will like this one, Nice win for ECU over UCF....34-13 to go 5-3

Some realignment revenge haha. Texas 14 penalties Ok. St 0.. 😉 ECU taking shots at UCF on twitter.

Here’s another one. I don’t recall programs taking shots at each other on Twitter as much as this season lol.

And Kiffin responds haha

Last edited:
🤣 Think our resident Mike Houston poster will like this one, Nice win for ECU over UCF....34-13 to go 5-3

Some realignment revenge haha. Texas 14 penalties Ok. St 0.. 😉 ECU taking shots at UCF on twitter.

Here’s another one. I don’t recall programs taking shots at each other on Twitter as much as this one lol.

Brian Kelly wearing a shirt with himself on it is kind of weird.

From Message Board Geniuses:

"Steve Sarkisian is officially 10-10 in his first 20 games as the head ball coach at Texas. With that loss, comes a list he should not want to be a part of."

image-28.png

Brian Kelly wearing a shirt with himself on it is kind of weird.

From Message Board Geniuses:

"Steve Sarkisian is officially 10-10 in his first 20 games as the head ball coach at Texas. With that loss, comes a list he should not want to be a part of."

image-28.png

Yea I’ve seen that stat on Sarkisian and he’s lost double digit leads in 5 of those losses.

On another note looks like CGD is going to pay a visit to Deion.

Go WF and TCU and the other underdogs, hope they can maintain it

Last edited:
Coaches poll rightfully has Penn State over UCLA, with Maryland getting votes (#28):

I’m not a fan of the coaches poll and I’m not sure the SIDs pay attention to what’s happening out there. I’ll even say that for AP poll to some degree.

I like the CFP rankings, whether you like them or not I think they give an effort and pay attention to what’s happening on the landscape. Plus more than half the season has played out by then so it will reduce the bias at least somewhat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT