ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 10/7-10/8 Fri-Sat

Good for AM, I've always seen him as mistake prone qb at Nebraska. I knew he was doing pretty well at KSU, didn't realize he hasn't thrown an INT yet this year. Good for him and good job by Klieman/Klein fixing whatever was wrong.

Agreed, and ones that are game deciding kicks. Happened again to MD today against PU (although only saw it on a replay where the guy who blocked it may have been offsides).
Yeah, the guy who blocked the kick was across the line and well on his way to blocking the kick before the ball was snapped. And the ineligible receiver who was a few feet past the line of scrimmage (they start on the 3 yard line, for God's sake) had nothing to do with the successful two-point conversion.

That's the way the cookie crumbles...

ETA: I'm usually the guy who does not comment on officiating, and believes that referees generally don't care about who wins a game. But after some calls last week (calling back a pick six for a ridiculous reason, referee ignoring Mike Locksley calling for a timeout, for example), I'm starting to wonder if, deep down, some of the officials regard Rutgers and Maryland as intruders, and do not like that Maryland is seemingly making significant progress in the conference this season.

I hope that feeling goes away. I prefer not being a whiner...

Last edited:
Well he's never been below .500 overall in a season and just one season below .500 in conference so far. There's something to be said for that. Every year can't be an awesome one and I don't know how Toledo compares to other MAC programs. His record so far actually reminds me of Gary Pinkel, another Toledo coach who was a solid coach for Mizzou when he stepped up.
Pinkel was a candidate for the RU job before Schiano was hired the first time, I believe.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT