Auburn at Mississippi State | 7:30 p.m. | ESPN2
James Madison at Louisville | 7:30 p.m. | ESPNU
Florida State at Miami (Fla.) | 7:30 p.m. | ABC
Wake Forest at NC State | 8 p.m. | ACC Network
Cal at USC | 10:30 p.m. | ESPN
UCLA at Arizona State | 10:30 p.m. | FS1
Hawai'i at Fresno State | 10:30 p.m. | FS2
Colorado State at San Jose State | 10:30 p.m. | MW Network
You Rock!! Cole Snyder night on ESPN2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Rock!! Cole Snyder night on ESPN2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Snyder throwing late across the field for an INT.

Doesn’t sound like Buffalo is playing to well early and down 10-0

Make it 17-0 after the INT. They did come back last week down 17 on Toledo in the 4th.

Don’t look now but UCANT is 4-5 and has UMASS this week … they might get bowl eligible this season.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Snyder throwing late across the field for an INT.

Doesn’t sound like Buffalo is playing to well early and down 10-0

Make it 17-0 after the INT. They did come back last week down 17 on Toledo in the 4th.
Bad throw by Cole.
24-17 now after Buffalo scored 10 before half and a pick 6.
The jinx was invoked! 😜

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Friday night on CBSSN at 7 p.m. After UMess, UConn as Liberty (likely loss) and Army (tough game even though Army is down this year).
Army will likely be the one that decides it.

UConn is the toughest OOC for Michigan this year lol.

Coastal Carolina App State 21-14…McCall might be hurt for CC…big loss for them if he has to go out…he’s out for now. Looked like an ankle injury.

McCall back in but a little hobbled it looks like

App State 4th and 2 in their own territory gets stopped. Not a fan of those kind of calls somewhat deep on your own side of the field, especially if it’s over a yard.

CC scores a TD, the failed 4th down costs App State

Next drive App State throws an INT returned to the one …a TD here by CC and that should be it…35-14 CC

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
App St within 7. 3 minutes left,CCU with the ball.
CCU converts third and long and keeps possession.

Some must watch TV tonight.
7 p.m. Battle of the Independents UMass vs. UConn CBSSN The Fighting Don Browns vs. the Mauling Moras
7 p.m. BC vs Duke-ESPN2 - Need BC to help RU's strength of schedule to help us get to a better bowl!!! 😜
10:30 p.m. Oregon State v. Washington-ESPN 2- two decent PAC 12 teams.

Some must watch TV tonight.
7 p.m. Battle of the Independents UMass vs. UConn CBSSN The Fighting Don Browns vs. the Mauling Moras
7 p.m. BC vs Duke-ESPN2 - Need BC to help RU's strength of schedule to help us get to a better bowl!!! 😜
10:30 p.m. Oregon State v. Washington-ESPN 2- two decent PAC 12 teams.
I'll be interested in the results. Can Duke clinch their bowl in year 1 of Elko? Can UConn inch a little closer to a bowl also in year 1? Oregon State....I always like keeping tabs on how they're doing because of them being an underdog. They've already made their bowl for the 2nd straight year. I do like the Washington coach too though.

I'll be interested in the results. Can Duke clinch their bowl in year 1 of Elko? Can UConn inch a little closer to a bowl also in year 1? Oregon State....I always like keeping tabs on how they're doing because of them being an underdog. They've already made their bowl for the 2nd straight year. I do like the Washington coach too though.
Beavers doing it with a back-up QB. They are an interesting story because their program has so much similarity to RU in historical ineptitude and missteps, miscues, fumbling, and bumbling from the administration on down.

Beavers doing it with a back-up QB. They are an interesting story because their program has so much similarity to RU in historical ineptitude and missteps, miscues, fumbling, and bumbling from the administration on down.
Didn't know that, that's an even better testament to them this year and another example of how things don't necessarily have to fall apart when you go down the roster.

Washington State battling OrSU (don't want to confuse Oklahahoma or Ohio!) for that role too.
After Leach left, they were doing OK under Rolovich from Hawaii, but they canned him because he would not take the vax, and now they are floundering again. In 2021- they went 7-6 overall between the 2 coaches, but they seem to be floundering again after making the interim coach Dickert head coach.

Cal is another similar team.
OrSU, WSU and Cal are kind of like the Rutgers, Indiana and Maryland (not this year) of the B1G East. At Cal, Justin Wilcox is in year 6. He's 29-33/16-29. Cal seems to have low expectations and hopes, and like RU they have a vocal contingent of profs who don't like athletics. Wilcox's last two winning seasons were 2018 (7-6) and 2019 (8-5), but has been 1-3, 5-7 and currently 3-5 in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

It is what it is. Not every State U needs/wants to be a world beater in football, or they can't compete against the top dogs (Oregon, USC Utah (PAC12) and (tOSU, Michigan, Penn State (B1G East)).

Since 2014, the year RU entered the Big 10, the records of those 4 teams are:

Washington State: 54-40
Cal: 44-47
Oregon State: 28-64
RU: 24-66

So, WSU and Cal have had a bit more success and have not been as futile as the other two, but as you note their current trajectory is downward. At the same time RU and OSU were dregs and the laughingstock of P-5 (along with Kansas). OSU , of course, did earlier enjoy a modicum of success under Dennis Erickson and Mike Riley going 11-1 in 2000 and winning the Fiesta Bowl and then winning 5 bowl games between 2003-2008. Oregon State's trajectory under Smith seems to be upward.

Rutgers' trajectory under Schiano 2? At this stage, it is hard to be terribly optimistic. An improvement over Ash- for sure. But still a very long way to go to produce winning records on a consistent basis- and a watchable product on the field.

Since 2014, the year RU entered the Big 10, the records of those 4 teams are:

Washington State: 54-40
Cal: 44-47
Oregon State: 28-64
RU: 24-66

So, WSU and Cal have had a bit more success and have not been as futile as the other two, but as you note their current trajectory is downward. At the same time RU and OSU were dregs and the laughingstock of P-5 (along with Kansas). OSU , of course, did earlier enjoy a modicum of success under Dennis Erickson and Mike Riley going 11-1 in 2000 and winning the Fiesta Bowl and then winning 5 bowl games between 2003-2008. Oregon State's trajectory under Smith seems to be upward.

Rutgers' trajectory under Schiano 2? At this stage, it is hard to be terribly optimistic. An improvement over Ash- for sure. But still a very long way to go to produce winning records on a consistent basis- and a watchable product on the field.
You're leveraging WSU off of Leach's success, and for Cal, off of Sonny Dykes' record. That's a strange analysis, considering the Ash error at Rutgers. How about comparing head coaching records of the current coaches?

Cal (5.5 years)- 29-33/16-29
WSU (1.5 years) 7-7/4-4
OrSU (4.5 years) 22-30/15-24

RU (2.5 years) 12-18/6-17

As a baseline for comparison, Jonathan Smith at OrSU was 9-22/7-18 at the end of year 3, and now he has them moving in the right direction at 13-8/8-6 over the last 1.5 years.

At Cal, on the other hand, Wilcox was 20-18/10-17 after 3 years, but in the last 2.5 he has been 9-15/6-12.

On an oversimplified analysis, after the first 3 years, people would have declared Wilcox a much bigger success than Smith at OrSU, but he is probably headed to be fired unless he ends this season strong.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, but Greg seems to be on track to turn things around next season. The biggest question will be the offense, and do the WR and TE groups develop, and does Gavin put it all together, and do we find an OC that can field a functional offense. That's a lot of ifs.

Reactions: redking
You ascribe motives that don’t exist. I chose 2014 not because it leveraged any particular coach, but simply because that’s the year RU joined the Big 10. My point was merely to show that RU and OSU were pretty much equals at the point in time and that their recent success has them in a better place than RU. Whether that is coach driven, I’ll leave to you to decide.

Once again “wait til next year” is the RU mantra. That gets pretty tiring especially since next year seems to produce more of the same lousy football, irrespective of W-L record. You know what Roseanne Rosannadanna (sp?) would say.

Looking forward to Tennessee/Georgia.
I see a lot of pundits picking Tenn and I'm rooting for them but I think UGA at home is going to be tough and think they will win.

In some of the articles I've read on the matchup, quite a few think UGA lost quite a bit on D from last year. They think most teams can't test UGA's defensive ability but Tenn can and they don't think UGA can matchup. Most are expecting a shootout.

Reactions: RUaMoose
Was listening to a pod and Dellenger mentioned he talked to a couple coaches about the Tenn/UGA game and one of those coaches talked to a UGA staff member. After talking to that UGA staff member, that coach thought Tenn was going to win.

I think if Tenn wins it would be close shootout like the Alabama game. If UGA wins, I think it could be a close shootout or UGA beats them by a couple scores at least. Lot of love from coaches and scouts for Tenn though.

You ascribe motives that don’t exist. I chose 2014 not because it leveraged any particular coach, but simply because that’s the year RU joined the Big 10. My point was merely to show that RU and OSU were pretty much equals at the point in time and that their recent success has them in a better place than RU. Whether that is coach driven, I’ll leave to you to decide.

Once again “wait til next year” is the RU mantra. That gets pretty tiring especially since next year seems to produce more of the same lousy football, irrespective of W-L record. You know what Roseanne Rosannadanna (sp?) would say.
Do you know how message boards work and how to reply to another poster?
BS on 2014. Agenda.
OrSU, Cal and WSU have been long time members of the PAC 12. Why not start the years they joined their conference? Silly.

Game time!!!!

UMass moving the ball at will on the first drive.

JINX!!!!! Backwards dropped pass rules as fumble recovered by UCANT. UCANT in Red zone.

UCANT misses the FG!!! This is like watching PEE WEE Football.

Duke up 7-0

BC ties it 7-7

Duke 10-7

Duke was -7 in TOs last year and this year +14 and I think that’s 2nd in the country to USC. Good job by Elko. Of course the 8 TO game against Miami helps lol.

7yd TD run Duke 17-7..10 plays 51yds

8yd TD catch 24-7 Duke….4 plays 51yds

TD before half for BC 24-14 Duke

Duke marches down the field on its first drive of the half with some Leonard runs. 31-14 Duke

Last edited:
Oregon St 7-0 on Washington

3 trips in the redzone but only the 1 TD so far for Or St….I would’ve just kicked a FG on that last 4th down try.

Wash converts multiple 3rd or 4th and longs on a long TD drive to tie it 7-7

Last edited:
Reactions: rurichdog
Do you know how message boards work and how to reply to another poster?
BS on 2014. Agenda.
OrSU, Cal and WSU have been long time members of the PAC 12. Why not start the years they joined their conference? Silly.
You are one sick MF

Or St couldn’t get off the field too many long 3rd or 4th down conversions for UW
Or State up 14-7 at half.

As soon as the announcer stated Penix Jr's passing is like a hot knife through butter, he throws a pick 6!

Andre Ware is a really good announcer. Wish he would announce some of the national games.

Looks like Washington won 24-21 on a FG with little time left. FGAs while in the redzone early in the game instead of those 4th down tries might have helped them.

Last edited:
Reactions: rurichdog
ADVERTISEMENT