ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 11/1-/11/5 Tues-Sat

Aww man PI on LSU gives Alabama a fresh set of downs in the first OT…being reviewed to see if it’s tipped

Ruling stands…PI

Alabama scores a TD and Daniels quickly answers with a long run for a LSU TD.
31-30

Last edited:
Yes LSU converts!! Had to wait all day for an exciting finish but it finally has come!

32-31 LSU…good game and ending

Daniels looks so much better as this year has gone on and over his time at ASU…Kelly is a good coach

Kelly’s first win against Alabama

Reactions: William J. Leggett
It takes last second heroics to beat Alabama. I never thought I'd live to see the day when they lost two regular season games
They’ve lost two a couple time in the regular season in his tenure but it’s not often which is why it seems like it never happens.

Oh my goodness Miss St just tied it with 30 secs or so left on a FG then a line drive KO bounces off an Auburn player and Miss St recovers

Miss St around the Auburn 36 with 17secs left

Aww man false start pushes Miss St farther back now with 9 secs left.

56yd FG too short. OT

Miss St wins 39-33

Last edited:
Mario not exactly Super Mario, is he? Year 1, but 4-4/2-3, with 2 tough games ahead and GT is not a pushover. Miami was not a complete rebuild. In 2021, they were 7-5/5-3.
Miami's recruiting classes 2020-22 were #13, #12, and #31.
We’ll see what he does but I’ve never been a big Cristobal fan. He recruits like hell but then what.

Good coaches are good coaches and it usually doesn’t take long to see some signs of it. Look at Elko year 1 at Duke. Looks at Leipold in year 2 at KU. Now both are bowl eligible. See some of the stats in the tweets I posted of what those places were before them.

On a higher plane look at Fisher in year 5 at A&M vs Kelly in year 1 who seems on the verge of the SEC title game. He’s got Arkansas, UAB and A&M left on the schedule so it’s very possible. Daniels looks night and day from his time at ASU and also just from earlier this year. That’s good coaching. Like one of the tweets I posted, it’s never been easier than it is now to quickly turnover and build.

The TN player who had five TDs on six receptions vs Bama, today had six receptions for 63 yds vs GA

This years Bama is bad (relatively speaking)
GA is only powerhouse I've seen this year

NC St looked very bad on offense after Leary went down. The end of the FSU and Cuse didn’t look good with their backup. Eventually in the VT they game went down to their 3rd string true freshman QB MJ Morris and he sparked a comeback with 3TDs in the VT game. Now again the true freshman with 3TDs in the WF game. Nice job.

Aww man PI on LSU gives Alabama a fresh set of downs in the first OT…being reviewed to see if it’s tipped

Ruling stands…PI

Alabama scores a TD and Daniels quickly answers with a long run for a LSU TD.
31-30
Luckily this call didn’t cost LSU the game.
The tv ref was correct and he was adamant it was tipped. Herbstreit and Fowler weren’t sure because the ball trajectory didn’t look like it changed. I couldn’t tell either from the tv replays. But from this shot you can see the LSU player’s finger go back as the ball hits it. That led to a fresh set of downs and an Alabama TD.

The AD is the guy who hired Jimbo too so wouldn’t trust his instincts lol. Also hired Petersen at UW.

Understand Mario is thinking of bringing Sean Gleeson on board as quarterback coach and Asst, Offensive Coordinator
Seriously? My sarcasm meter is broken.

Gleeson should land on his feet. I don't have feelings either way on him. It is better for RU if he gets a paying job.

Lane Kiffen can be entertaining.

One thing I keep in mind though, Saban turned 70 late last year. Bryant unfortunately passed by then, and Paterno’s and Bowden’s teams started being less successful. Can Saban defy that age?
70 is the new 50 lol

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT