ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 11/22-11/26 Tues-Sat

Looks like the Apple Cup is going to fray a bunch of nerves in Utah and Oregon lol.

Lead has been flip flopping in the first half and Oregon and Utah are rooting for each side. WSU gets the lead back 24-21 and cheers are heard in Oregon hah.

The degree of good is debatable. I would say definite yes if USC goes down.

Agree with 2nd sentence. Would have to think tOSU is above Bama.
Well say TCU loses and USC wins. Who replaces TCU in that scenario? OSU or Alabama?

1 loss TCU in the B12 title game to a top 10-11 KSU a team they've beaten earlier in the year. Win over ranked Texas and top 10-11 KSU

1 loss OSU with no title game appearance and got beat badly at home to a Michigan team without their best player. Win over top 10 PSU and ranked ND

2 loss Alabama with no title game appearance who lost close games to top 10-12 teams Tenn/LSU. Win over ranked Texas and maybe still ranked Ole Miss (borderline not sure whey they end up but I could see committee giving them the SEC treatment even though they've beaten no one)

I only say good chance because you can't predict the committee for sure but compare those records and I'd think TCU definitely has the edge. There's precedent too of a team that beat and lost to the same team and got in. I think it was ND in the pandemic year. They beat Clemson and then lost to them in the ACC title game and still got in. It would have to be a massive blowout of TCU to get over those odds. Even in that circumstance they probably have the edge on OSU because they got blown out themselves. Alabama with 2 close losses could possibly squeak by if TCU was blown out. ND lost 34-10 that year though after beating them in 2OTs in the regular season.

Last edited:

Out of nowhere, Rattler hasn't been that good all year. Looked closer to his peak OU form.

Last edited:
And Rutgers sinks further into the quagmire. Which of these P5 teams will have the best record next year? The worst?

Rutgers
Colorado
Northwestern
Boston College
Miami
Arizona State
Vanderbilt

And Rutgers sinks further into the quagmire. Which of these P5 teams will have the best record next year? The worst?

Rutgers
Colorado
Northwestern
Boston College
Miami
Arizona State
Vanderbilt
I'm interested to see if Deion takes the Colorado job and how he does if that happens. I don't really care about the others, maybe Miami to see if Cristobal can do anything with the talent he's recruited with NIL etc..

Well say TCU loses and USC wins. Who replaces TCU in that scenario? OSU or Alabama?
I’d say tOSU over TCU (assuming Michigan wins). Bama should be eliminated by 2nd loss. Of course never know for sure with SEC factors, but CFP has a precedent about L’s.
1 loss TCU in the B12 title game to a top 10-11 KSU a team they've beaten earlier in the year. Win over ranked Texas and top 10-11 KSU
So two games against a 3-loss P5 team and one against a 4-loss P5 team.
1 loss OSU with no title game appearance and got beat badly at home to a Michigan team without their best player. Win over top 10 PSU and ranked ND
One game against 0-loss #2 team, one game against a 2-loss P5 team, and one against a 4-loss P5 equivalent team.

2 loss Alabama with no title game appearance who lost close games to top 10-12 teams Tenn/LSU. Win over ranked Texas and maybe still ranked Ole Miss (borderline not sure whey they end up but I could see committee giving them the SEC treatment even though they've beaten no one)

I only say good chance because you can't predict the committee for sure but compare those records and I'd think TCU definitely has the edge. There's precedent too of a team that beat and lost to the same team and got in. I think it was ND in the pandemic year. They beat Clemson and then lost to them in the ACC title game and still got in. It would have to be a massive blowout of TCU to get over those odds. Even in that circumstance they probably have the edge on OSU because they got blown out themselves. Alabama with 2 close losses could possibly squeak by if TCU was blown out. ND lost 34-10 that year though after beating them in 2OTs in the regular season.

Why wouldn't KSU (with 3 losses) be in the top 4 by winning the Big 12?
Or the Clemson-UNC winner for winning the ACC?
I mean, they would have won their conference championship.

And that's allegedly more important than having more wins, less losses, having a better resume and/or being higher ranked overall (see the 12 team top 4 must be conference champion requirements.............)
I guess winning your conference championship isn't so important for another 2 years?
James Franco Flirt GIF

Why wouldn't KSU (with 3 losses) be in the top 4 by winning the Big 12?
Or the Clemson-UNC winner for winning the ACC?
I mean, they would have won their conference championship.

And that's allegedly more important than having more wins, less losses, having a better resume and/or being higher ranked overall (see the 12 team top 4 must be conference champion requirements.............)
I guess winning your conference championship isn't so important for another 2 years?
James Franco Flirt GIF
UGA Michigan USC would be higher than either of those two and they would be conference champs in that scenario. The 4th spot would be open.

There’s no luxury of including a lower ranked conf champ with 4 teams just like there’s no luxury of including the highest ranked G5 automatically and it’s a simple as that. With 12 teams you have that luxury.

Reactions: NickRU714
I like seeing the teams lower down the totem pole do well. If they happen to get some preferential treatment, which I don’t particularly see, that others normally get well that’s fine with me.
My apology for a delayed response to this about Utah. I was waiting for a certain result to occur to provide additional evidence. Here is Utah's treatment in CFP rankings since 2018:
  • 2018: #17 Utah (9-4) 2nd highest of the six ranked 4-loss teams. Above one P5 team with less losses. Ended up losing bowl game.
  • 2019: The week before the CCG, a #5 Utah (11-1) was 2nd highest of 4 ranked 1-loss P5 teams despite only having played 4-loss #22 USC. Ended up losing bowl game.
  • 2021: #11 Utah (11-3) was highest ranked 3-loss P5 team. Above two P5 team with less losses. Ended up losing bowl game.
  • 2022: #8 Utah (10-3) highest of the six ranked 3-loss teams. Above two P5 teams with less losses. Ended up losing bowl game.
Just wanted to point out Utah isn’t treated like the little engine that could by the committee.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT