ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 9/16-9/17 Fri-Sat

Oh man what a bullet by Penix. 22-0 UW

I don’t think I’ve seen more XPs missed than this season and it’s only like week 3

Tucker’s defense getting abused. But hey, they are the betting underdog.

But then why not go for 2 on any of their previous touchdowns when they wouldn't immediately cost themselves the game by not making it?
Technically yes all 2pt conversions are the same when you look back at it retrospectively. So if you had 5 TDs, a 2 point try on any of the 5 carries the same risk and weight.

But I think there’s a difference when you’re in the moment. You don’t know what you’re going to score as the game goes on so why take the chance until you absolutely need to do it. There’s more cause effect in play and it can change the complexion of whatever is going to happen as the game goes on. Why tamper with that unnecessarily. At the end of the game most of the events of the game have played out and your decision doesn’t effect the longer term sequence of events just the immediate future and that’s it. One play win or lose and that’s it, no more cause effect to worry about really.

22-8 Washington now.
Jalen "Wisconsin is my dream team" Berger getting involved in the Michigan State running game.

Stadium looks beautiful on TV. How is it in person?
Fantastic views of Lake Washington. Upper deck is very steep. Campus is quite nice as well. Was there for Ash’s debut as head coach. The handwriting was already on the wall.

Toledo has put up 21 on Ohio State with over a quarter to play. Too bad they have no answers on defense.

Maryland showing lack of discipline. 10 yard penalty holding and unsportsmanlike 15 yd on same play. Moved from 1st and goal on 9 to 3rd and 31. Field goal.

Maryland stadium looks like a graveyard.

20-20

And another unsportsmanlike against Maryland to give SMU the 1st down.

Last edited:
Toledo has put up 21 on Ohio State with over a quarter to play. Too bad they have no answers on defense.
It's that running QB that Toledo has and he'll give people fits all year. That kid is really dangerous. Those OSU receivers can't be covered. OSU is now emptying their bench

Missouri State still up on Ark 27-24

A&M up 10-3 on Miami

UTSA tied with Texas at half 17-17

Technically yes all 2pt conversions are the same when you look back at it retrospectively. So if you had 5 TDs, a 2 point try on any of the 5 carries the same risk and weight.

But I think there’s a difference when you’re in the moment. You don’t know what you’re going to score as the game goes on so why take the chance until you absolutely need to do it. There’s more cause effect in play and it can change the complexion of whatever is going to happen as the game goes on. Why tamper with that unnecessarily. At the end of the game most of the events of the game have played out and your decision doesn’t effect the longer term sequence of events just the immediate future and that’s it. One play win or lose and that’s it, no more cause effect to worry about really.
Yeah but the reason you don't go for it is because the conversion rate is only about 43%, so you're better off taking the near sure thing with the extra points. So with that in mind, why would you risk the entire game by running something that is usually unsuccessful when you could just tie it with an extra point?

Yeah but the reason you don't go for it is because the conversion rate is only about 43%, so you're better off taking the near sure thing with the extra points. So with that in mind, why would you risk the entire game by running something that is usually unsuccessful when you could just tie it with an extra point?
Just to end the game one way or another. It’s part of why I take the road or home game into the equation. Game flow and if your team is tired is also part of it imo. Take all those inputs and decide if it’s better to just end the game or prolong it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT