ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska might play OOC game in place of Wisconsin Saturday

ScarletDave

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2010
Nebraska’s schedule officially lists the Wisconsin game as a no-contest, however the athletic department and university have yet to put out a statement. That has led people to believe that they are requesting the B1G to allow them to play an OOC game this Saturday since Wisconsin cancelled the game. Teams with open games are #18 Marshall, UTEP, and Liberty.

Will be interesting to see what the B1G decides. Nebraska players have done nothing wrong, followed all protocols. Do their student athletes get punished by missing a game if one can be played? Does that prove that the B1G front office is about politics and not actually about the student athletes as some have argued the last few months? Will be interesting to follow

Please play the fighting Falwells!!! Watching the corn lose to liberty would simply be a hoot! In the defense of the corn; scheduled someone to take the place of the fighting Alvarez’s would be a nice 🖕 towards the inept leadership that’s been installed! Cant we get Delaney back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Would a team on a bye be willing to play a game that quickly with not being able to prepare. Many teams don’t fully practice during bye weeks. I guess if the money is right but really short turnaround.

Also it would prove how stupid the thought is that it you need to plan OOC ganes years in advance. Biggest excuse ever by ADs to explain why their OOC is so soft

Reactions: Plum Street
One thing is pretty clear: many Nebraska fans hate the B1G. Now it could just be fan forum BS but they seem pretty anti-B1G...

poor huskers...someone please tell them the big 8 is never coming back.

PS: wisc could totally play this game...they CHOSE not to...forfeit! Barry Alvarez is an ahole and wisc a bunch of cowards...period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nebraska’s schedule officially lists the Wisconsin game as a no-contest, however the athletic department and university have yet to put out a statement. That has led people to believe that they are requesting the B1G to allow them to play an OOC game this Saturday since Wisconsin cancelled the game. Teams with open games are #18 Marshall, UTEP, and Liberty.

Will be interesting to see what the B1G decides. Nebraska players have done nothing wrong, followed all protocols. Do their student athletes get punished by missing a game if one can be played? Does that prove that the B1G front office is about politics and not actually about the student athletes as some have argued the last few months? Will be interesting to follow

Marshall wouldn't because they don't want to risk the ranking. Liberty doesn't want to lose their perfect record. UTEP is in a different situation. They have 12 games scheduled including this week's North Texas game which was postponed. Will CUSA require that game to be made up or would they request a 13th game waiver. However UTEP over the past four years has had paycheck games with Texas, Texas Tech, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Arizona so if the price is right they might play.

Plot twist: the Barnstorming Bugeaters lose the game, and several players test positive for Covid during the week.

How much financial incentive is there to either side play a non conference game if there are no fans allowed? Of course maybe the Huskers want that restriction removed as well. I am sure they would want the game on the B1G network. This may all just be a internet rumor but if true I am adding the whole Nebraska first attitude coming out of Lincoln to the list of things I am tired of during this pandemic.

Funny how the first COVID debacle involves Nebraska, the team who was threatening playing out of conference when the season originally got cancelled.

Problem is that any OOC team would not have been following the very specific testing protocols established by the B1G. I dnt see this happening.
The B1G was reticent to even allow in conference games.

Somewhere out there Delaney is like “what the **** has happened to the conference I built into a monster” shh

How much financial incentive is there to either side play a non conference game if there are no fans allowed? Of course maybe the Huskers want that restriction removed as well. I am sure they would want the game on the B1G network. This may all just be a internet rumor but if true I am adding the whole Nebraska first attitude coming out of Lincoln to the list of things I am tired of during this pandemic.
Maybe they fear the lack of wins would rob them of a Bowl game, and that's where the financial hit would come from.

Tennessee Chattanooga has agreed to come to Lincoln. Balls in Kevin Warrens hands. NU is waiting for an answer.

The Barry1G said NO to OOC for the corn...meanwhile the badgers are perfectly capable of fielding and playing in Lincoln...they just did not want to

COWARDS

Big 10 said no despite Chattanooga having the correct protocol handled by Big 10 rules to play.

Expounded on your answer in CAPS
This pretty much guarantees that even the Buckeyes can’t fashion an OOC game if one of theirs is canceled...even Kevin warren is not that stupid...OR IS HE?🤔

Does the rest of the Big Ten think pulling a stunt like this voids Nebby's warranty? Hasn't the league already said in-conference only? No second chances I would have thought? Is this a formal request of the school leadership or just more heartland bloviating? Frost counts as a bloviator, not an official rep in my book.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
PS: wisc could totally play this game...they CHOSE not to...forfeit! Barry Alvarez is an ahole and wisc a bunch of cowards...period.
Totally agree.. in another thread someone was being mocked for saying the Big Ten panics because a couple QBs get CoVid.. for a team like Wisconsin.. expecting to compete for the Big Ten and thus a playoff spot... yeah.. having to play with 3rd or 4th string QB is panic time.. so they found a way around that I see.

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
The BiG 10 said that Nebraska can't play a pick-up game this week. Apparently they spoke with Tenn-Chattanooga.

The “Big Ten” (is the University presidents and athletic directors) agreed to the terms before the season started. No OOC games regardless of what happens. Now, once again, Nebraska is asking for the rules to not apply to them and to welcome a team with who knows what protocols into the conference schedule, and possibly spread the virus to Nebraska, how would their next opponent (Northwestern) feel about that?? Sorry Huskers, you’re not as special as you think you are

Reactions: NotInRHouse
The “Big Ten” (is the University presidents and athletic directors) agreed to the terms before the season started. No OOC games regardless of what happens. Now, once again, Nebraska is asking for the rules to not apply to them and to welcome a team with who knows what protocols into the conference schedule, and possibly spread the virus to Nebraska, how would their next opponent (Northwestern) feel about that?? Sorry Huskers, you’re not as special as you think you are

Nebraska set up and then inquired about playing the game because the Wisconsin game was not canceled due to Big 10 guidelines. Wisconsin chose to cancel it. Tennessee Chattanooga has stricter testing requirements than the Big 10 does and that was one of the stipulations NU had in order to seek an OOC opponent since Wisconsin canceled and the Big 10 didn’t cancel the game. UTC tested on Wednesday and were all negative. They tested again today and were going to test again before getting on a charter plane provided by NU(same one took to OSU) and come to Lincoln and get tested again upon landing. Staying at the hotel that was reserved for Wisconsin and being tested before and after the game before getting back on the plane and returning Saturday night.

like I stated and what all the press releases have said UTC has stricter guidelines that the Big 10. NU was paying for all the additional testing when they arrived here.

NU didn’t want anything special but to play since they did nothing wrong but got their game canceled by Alvarez because they didn’t have a QB or coach and not by the Big 10.

Nebraska seems to be aching for a Big 12 return. They don't want to follow any of the B1G protocols and believe the rules don't apply to them.

Would have zero problem sending them back and bringing in UVA.

ADVERTISEMENT