ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nebraska - MSU game was decided on punting in the 4th qtr

kapyoche

All American
Sep 11, 2010
Here's what happened in the 4th qtr.
Nebraska looked like they were going to win this game. MSU had nothing in the tank. Offense was inept jsut like Michigan's was in the second half against Rutgers.

Then Nebraska punted in the 4th qtr and everything went wrong.

The punt was a short line drive one on the left side of the field.

The Nebraska punt coverage team was mostly on the other side of the field for some reason.
I think they expected the punt to be high, long and in the center of the field.

The punt returner did not have anyone near him by at least 20 yards. Initially I thought there must have been a penalty called.
He had a running start and scored a TD.

The game is tied now.

Later in the 4th qtr, MSU was pinned deep in their side of the field, but their punter bailed them out by pinning Nebraska deep.
Nebraska could not do anything and it went to OT where they lost when their QB threw an INT.

Nebraska fans must be livid at the way they lost this game, probably more so than Rutgers fans at the way they lost.

MSU got a gift from Nebraska. Michigan got a gift from Rutgers.

Who know, it could be their year.

But punting in the 4th qtr certainly decided this game.

Here's what happened in the 4th qtr.
Nebraska looked like they were going to win this game. MSU had nothing in the tank. Offense was inept jsut like Michigan's was in the second half against Rutgers.

Then Nebraska punted in the 4th qtr and everything went wrong.

The punt was a short line drive one on the left side of the field.

The Nebraska punt coverage team was mostly on the other side of the field for some reason.
I think they expected the punt to be high, long and in the center of the field.

The punt returner did not have anyone near him by at least 20 yards. Initially I thought there must have been a penalty called.
He had a running start and scored a TD.

The game is tied now.

Later in the 4th qtr, MSU was pinned deep in their side of the field, but their punter bailed them out by pinning Nebraska deep.
Nebraska could not do anything and it went to OT where they lost when their QB threw an INT.

Nebraska fans must be livid at the way they lost this game, probably more so than Rutgers fans at the way they lost.

MSU got a gift from Nebraska. Michigan got a gift from Rutgers.

Who know, it could be their year.

But punting in the 4th qtr certainly decided this game.

I must have missed Michigan returning a punt for a TD. In fact, did Rutgers punt in the 4th qtr.?

actually - the MSU punt return was the old "two guys back and one guy acts like the punt is coming to him -- but the other guy totally acts like it's not coming to him".....

it just happened to occur on a line drive that gave guy#2 a huge running head-start...

of course, the rest of the game was a comedy of bad for Nebraska... Frost can't possibly make it through the year, can he?

Last edited:
Nebraska STs have bitten them hard this year….just part of their theme of being mistake prone.

actually - the MSU punt return was the old "two guys back and one guy acts like the punt is coming to him -- but the other guy totally acts like it's not coming to him".....

it just happened to occur on a line drive that gave guy#2 a huge running head-start...

of course, the rest of the game was a comedy of bad for Nebraska... Frost can't possibly make it through the year, can he?

I see that there were two guys set up to return the punt and they went after the wrong guy. It was a good fake.
We ought to try that too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT