ADVERTISEMENT

OT Neptune vs. Asbury Park Thanksgiving game postponed

Odd to cancel a game due to threats and have no input from the police.

It might be gang related. Both towns have a lot of gang activity sadly. Living in Asbury there are still parts that are the wild west.

Asbury Park Superintendent of Schools Lamont Repollet, "There are individuals who want to destroy the spirit of the game." Then wouldn't cancelling the game be you helping them accomplish their mission?

past history and current problems, thug related
streettoughs.jpg

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Asbury Park is great for restarants, bars and live music, not to mention the beach. Having said that, I would not want to raise a child there. When visiting, you just have to stay on the right side of the tracks, where all the good stuff is.
Also, it is getting better all the time.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Is it a simple case of Neptune being really bad this year and Asbury Park being the favorite and maybe that causes some issues of Pride F'n with You...m sounds like nuclear escalation of trash-talkin'
maxresdefault.jpg

How many years ago did Great Adventure have to close on Easter because it became a big Gang day? I was having Easter dinner at the house of GA's Media Rep when she got the call about a major incident.
Sounds like GA should have a sit-down with the heads of all the major families and declare Las Vega.. I mean Great Adventure.. an "open venue".. no gang vs gang activity allowed..

Sounds like GA should have a sit-down with the heads of all the major families and declare Las Vega.. I mean Great Adventure.. an "open venue".. no gang vs gang activity allowed..

I'm going to say it had to be at least 25 years ago. My kids were very young and now the eldest is in his early 30's.

"Thug" is up there as one of my least favorite words. Clearly coded language. More insidious than blatantly racist words, but it evokes similar thoughts.

If people can't understand that, you need to get out more or grow a few IQ points somehow.

"Thug" is up there as one of my least favorite words. Clearly coded language. More insidious than blatantly racist words, but it evokes similar thoughts.

If people can't understand that, you need to get out more or grow a few IQ points somehow.

Thug life was made popular by rappers in the 90s.

Thugs are those who use violence in a law breaking manner.

Asbury Park is great for restarants, bars and live music, not to mention the beach. Having said that, I would not want to raise a child there. When visiting, you just have to stay on the right side of the tracks, where all the good stuff is.
Segregationist. What do you have against half the community?

Segregationist. What do you have against half the community?
I do work in the area from time to time. Let's just say there's certain streets in the center of town west of the tracks that you don't want to be on. It's not a large area of town, but a condensed bad area. Most people from around these parts know not to play down those streets. That's life, I didn't make it that way, but that's just how it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: newell138

Don't stop people from using the word "thug" just because they might apply it to persons of color. Thugs come in all shades.

Here's the original reference of thugs... thugees
Thugs_Strangling_Traveller.jpg

Reactions: czxqa
I do work in the area from time to time. Let's just say there's certain streets in the center of town east of the tracks that you don't want to be on. It's not a large area of town, but a condensed bad area. Most people from around these parts know not to play down those streets. That's life, I didn't make it that way but that's just how it is.

You mean West of the tracks

Asbury Park is literally ranked the worst town in all of NJ for raising a family, the worst:
http://www.njfamily.com/Best-Towns-for-Families-The-List/

Don't stop people from using the word "thug" just because they might apply it to persons of color. Thugs come in all shades.

Here's the original reference of thugs... thugees
Thugs_Strangling_Traveller.jpg

That origin story is nice but how it is used today is what is relevant. 90%+ of the times the word is used, it is describing black people. Don’t you agree?

You can pretend otherwise and I guess that is what MAGA is all about. Lock up the thugs, right?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT