ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nets Twolves game postponed after police shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spare130

All American
Dec 1, 2012
once again the nba taking a big stand by changing the date of a game to show police not to shoot anyone.

there were 20 shooting in Chicago in the last week but the bulls haven’t postponed any games

MLB also postponed todays Red Sox/Twins game but they said it was from security concerns of potential riots. It's not about taking a stand for or against police....

Well not gonna touch this too much, but the Red Sox -Twins game was also canceled this afternoon. One would assume the Blues-Wild NHL game gets banged tonight too. Plus there is now a curfew. So I don't know there really was an option.

Try to get your facts straight before grinding your axe.
Loool this has been done before last season. Every team in sports did it. You must’ve missed it

also, Kyrie Irving and Karl Towns said before this announcement came that they were sitting out for “personal reasons”

Last edited:
The Easter numbers for Chicago were 34 Shot, 7 of those were killed.
20,000 have been shot in Chicago in around the last decade.

Classic reason to train ALL POLICE under intense STRESS TRAINING.

2/3's of my NJSP training class either quit or were dismissed. 54 of 150 + in the class graduated.
First DAY, First HOUR in the Academy. We are all in auditorium.; A guy with a 50 inch chest and a 20 inch waist stands up on the stage in front of all of us.

"Stand at Attention. Now look to your left and now look to your right. Memorize those faces. If you are still here at the end of this Academy, neither of those people will be here !''

He was right.

EVERY Mon morning you had to psych yourself up to stick it out for the next week.

The Easter numbers for Chicago were 34 Shot, 7 of those were killed.
20,000 have been shot in Chicago in around the last decade.

Classic reason to train ALL POLICE under intense STRESS TRAINING.

2/3's of my NJSP training class either quit or were dismissed. 54 of 150 + in the class graduated.
First DAY, First HOUR in the Academy. We are all in auditorium.; A guy with a 50 inch chest and a 20 inch waist stands up on the stage in front of all of us.

"Stand at Attention. Now look to your left and now look to your right. Memorize those faces. If you are still here at the end of this Academy, neither of those people will be here !''

He was right.

EVERY Mon morning you had to psych yourself up to stick it out for the next week.
Apparently the cop in this case panicked and thought her gun was her taser... I would say she she be required to take additional stress training but honestly she should and probably will lose her job over this

once again the nba taking a big stand by changing the date of a game to show police not to shoot anyone.

there were 20 shooting in Chicago in the last week but the bulls haven’t postponed any games
20 shootings in chicago is like a late Tuesday evening...

If those games were all scheduled in Minny it's totally understandable

If those games were all scheduled in Minny it's totally understandable

you can’t support the protestors but then cancel your game due to “safety concerns to players and fans”. That was MLB’s reasoning

what are you talking about

Part of MLB’s reasoning of cancelling game was “for safety of players and fans”. This says to me they’re worried about violence. I don’t want to hear them later come out defending protestors

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Apparently the cop in this case panicked and thought her gun was her taser... I would say she she be required to take additional stress training but honestly she should and probably will lose her job over this

The tasers the NYPD uses are BRIGHT YELLOW. Hard to confuse from a Glock.

But to be fair, I don't know the color of this town's tasers.

But what was the victim doing prior to being shot/tazed ?

Also in the efforts of FULL disclosure; In the History of the NJSP, ONE FEMALE Trooper graduated under the size requirements and the required physical conditioning, training at the Academy.

Once the size requirements and the required physical conditioning and training were LOWERED, then females were able to pass and become Troopers.

AND; The percentages of flunk out went from over 2/3 thirds fail to graduate to IIRC about 50 -60 % make it thru now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spare130

handcuffed. Ran away from officer and got back into his car.

Also in the efforts of FULL disclosure; In the History of the NJSP, ONE FEMALE Trooper graduated under the size requirements and the required physical conditioning, training at the Academy.

Once the size requirements and the required physical conditioning and training were LOWERED, then females were able to pass and become Troopers.
Apparently he was wanted for gun possession...

bright yellow seems like a common sense way to go, and is the only color I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t make much sense IMO to have tasers the same color as guns

Well not gonna touch this too much, but the Red Sox -Twins game was also canceled this afternoon. One would assume the Blues-Wild NHL game gets banged tonight too. Plus there is now a curfew. So I don't know there really was an option.
Wolves, Twins, and Wild games have all been postponed

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm the only one who was actually going to watch the Wolves-Nets game?

I have it set up to record every Nets game just in case I can't watch live.
Wonder what will get recorded tonight instead.

Reactions: okieKnight908
you can’t support the protestors but then cancel your game due to “safety concerns to players and fans”. That was MLB’s reasoning

You didn't address the question of where the games were scheduled. Do you want fans potentially driving through a large demonstration or possible riot to go to the game?

I 've posted about handcuffing prisoners before.

He's CUFFED, you should be competent enough to be able to control the prisoner or you SHOULDN"T BE A POLICE OFFICER.

You don't get paid for what you do normally, you get paid for what you may have to do. Putting your hands on someone to control them is ONE of those instances.

Of course not. Smart to postpone it if they seriously fear for the safety of people. No issue with MLB’s decision at all.

Will have an issue if all hell breaks lose again and they stand by the protestors. All I’m saying

AND; The percentages of flunk out went from over 2/3 thirds fail to graduate to IIRC about 50 -60 % make it thru now.
What were size and conditioning requirements? Curious

handcuffed. Ran away from officer and got back into his car.
He was not completely handcuffed only one hand was before he broke free of the officer and got back into the car trying to drive away.

Sad to see that happen... But something i learned a long time ago and it sticks with me to this day...
If a cop tells you that you are under arrest... IT'S OVER!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR DO AT THAT POINT THAT WILL MAKE THE COP CHANGE HIS MIND!!!!!!! EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% IN THE RIGHT... YOU ARE GETTING ARRESTED!!! OR WORSE IF YOU RESIST!!! Again... sad to see that happen... But he put himself in that position by resisting arrest...

Apparently he was wanted for gun possession...

bright yellow seems like a common sense way to go, and is the only color I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t make much sense IMO to have tasers the same color as guns
from what i've read, it was for a court fine that he didn't pay.

I don't know about other states but in addition to being bright yellow, NJ police carry the taser on the side of their non shooting hand so as not to confuse the taser with a handgun.

Sad to see that happen... But something i learned a long time ago and it sticks with me to this day...
If a cop tells you that you are under arrest... IT'S OVER!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR DO AT THAT POINT THAT WILL MAKE THE COP CHANGE HIS MIND!!!!!!! EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% IN THE RIGHT... YOU ARE GETTING ARRESTED!!! OR WORSE IF YOU RESIST!!! Again... sad to see that happen... But he put himself in that position by resisting arrest...
Yes. You know that and most people do. But what he did shouldn’t have resulted in being shot and killed. If the cop used a taser that would make sense. If the cop mistakenly used a gun instead of a taser, that’s on the cop.

Reactions: Greg2020
Yes. You know that and most people do. But what he did shouldn’t have resulted in being shot and killed. If the cop used a taser that would make sense. If the cop mistakenly used a gun instead of a taser, that’s on the cop.
But yet, you are excusing his behavior... If he didnt resist arrest... Could you HONESTLY tell me that he wouldnt be alive right now?

But yet, you are excusing his behavior... If he didnt resist arrest... Could you HONESTLY tell me that he wouldnt be alive right now?

Suggesting the level of force used should be proportional to the threat level he posed isn’t making excuses for him. He should have been tased, he shouldn’t have been shot - and that was the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT