ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nets Twolves game postponed after police shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the cop in this case panicked and thought her gun was her taser... I would say she she be required to take additional stress training but honestly she should and probably will lose her job over this
I don't think she panicked - she was just working from muscle memory unholstering her (the wrong) weapon. She just drew the wrong one. Stupid tragic negligent mistake.

Reactions: JRZEER and Spare130
The tasers the NYPD uses are BRIGHT YELLOW. Hard to confuse from a Glock.

But to be fair, I don't know the color of this town's tasers.

But what was the victim doing prior to being shot/tazed ?

Also in the efforts of FULL disclosure; In the History of the NJSP, ONE FEMALE Trooper graduated under the size requirements and the required physical conditioning, training at the Academy.

Once the size requirements and the required physical conditioning and training were LOWERED, then females were able to pass and become Troopers.

AND; The percentages of flunk out went from over 2/3 thirds fail to graduate to IIRC about 50 -60 % make it thru now.

The "victim" was physically and actively resisting arrest while digging into his car - for a weapon(?)

I 've posted about handcuffing prisoners before.

He's CUFFED, you should be competent enough to be able to control the prisoner or you SHOULDN"T BE A POLICE OFFICER.

You don't get paid for what you do normally, you get paid for what you may have to do. Putting your hands on someone to control them is ONE of those instances.

Pretty sure he wasn't cuffed. He was about to and the arresting officer couldn't seem to get them on with his jacket sleeves in the way. The shooter cop reached in to help and the suspect jumped into the car. Not a good look for the arresting officer either. Maybe he was a trainee.

Sad to see that happen... But something i learned a long time ago and it sticks with me to this day...
If a cop tells you that you are under arrest... IT'S OVER!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR DO AT THAT POINT THAT WILL MAKE THE COP CHANGE HIS MIND!!!!!!! EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% IN THE RIGHT... YOU ARE GETTING ARRESTED!!! OR WORSE IF YOU RESIST!!! Again... sad to see that happen... But he put himself in that position by resisting arrest...
How did you learn this ? Sounds like a personal story . Were you arrested ?

Reactions: Greg2020
Aaron Hicks of the Yankees also took off from last nights game. I was watching a live feed on Facebook of the looting at a shopping center in Brooklyn Center. They destroyed every store in the plaza and took most items. People were bringing trailers to their trucks and just loading up.

Aaron Hicks of the Yankees also took off from last nights game. I was watching a live feed on Facebook of the looting at a shopping center in Brooklyn Center. They destroyed every store in the plaza and took most items. People were bringing trailers to their trucks and just loading up.
Explains a lot about you that you would be prowling facebook for feeds of looting.

I'm glad someone is thinking of the overpriced Chinese merchandise sold at the expense of American jobs.

Explains a lot about you that you would be prowling facebook for feeds of looting.
Explains to me what kind of person you are trolling on my posts. Anyways it popped up on my Facebook if you care to know, Do you want to know what my shT looked this morning also since you are concerned what I look at?

Sad to see that happen... But something i learned a long time ago and it sticks with me to this day...
If a cop tells you that you are under arrest... IT'S OVER!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY OR DO AT THAT POINT THAT WILL MAKE THE COP CHANGE HIS MIND!!!!!!! EVEN IF YOU ARE 100% IN THE RIGHT... YOU ARE GETTING ARRESTED!!! OR WORSE IF YOU RESIST!!! Again... sad to see that happen... But he put himself in that position by resisting arrest...
When we see cops kill people who are handcuffed and not resisting, I can understand he might fear for his life. He resisted but he also isn't dead if the officer doesn't fire a shot when she wasn't in any danger

Reactions: Greg2020

Social Justice at work.

He's saying that his behavior should not result in execution. How do you make this leap from someone allegedly breaking a law to, them deserving to be executed?
Execution? Talk about a leap there... I never stated that he deserved to be shot... But tell me just ONE thing good that happens from resisting arrest!!!

It’s hilarious to watch the “emotionally distraught” clowns laughing hysterically in the streets while walking out of stores with their shopping carts. None of them even care about what actually happened.. the news probably excited them knowing they don’t have to work to buy their next pair of sneakers.. they can just grab a few pairs along with a TV

It’s hilarious to watch the “emotionally distraught” clowns laughing hysterically in the streets while walking out of stores with their shopping carts. None of them even care about what actually happened.. the news probably excited them knowing they don’t have to work to buy their next pair of sneakers.. they can just grab a few pairs along with a TV
Kinda like those folks who were running out of Capitol building with "souvenirs" in January.

Pretty disgusting that innocent peoples businesses keep having to hear the brunt of this...

Obviously worst case scenario... But as I stated earlier... Tell me just ONE thing good that will happen to you by not cooperating!!!
Some of the problem is how officers interact in our society . The vast majority of people only see them under bad circumstances: making a police report , responding to a possibility of a crime , pulling you over etc . Police usually aren’t proactive stopping crimes or doing any type of community policing . Hell, I am old and white and if I see a cop on the road or street I get the hell away from them. Just look at those ass clowns that roll through the blue lot.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Pretty disgusting that innocent peoples businesses keep having to hear the brunt of this...
I saw video of a Dollar Tree getting destroyed last night. I mean really, a Dollar Tree?

Not getting looted, given the merchandise inside, but just destroyed and set on fire. What in the world does that accomplish other than crap up the local neighborhood even more where you live?

Reactions: jerzey devil
I saw video of a Dollar Tree getting destroyed last night. I mean really, a Dollar Tree?

Not getting looted, given the merchandise inside, but just destroyed and set on fire. What in the world does that accomplish other than crap up the local neighborhood even more where you live?
It’s a social thing and there are reasons. I am not saying they’re valid reasons , but reasons nonetheless

And think of how many innocent black people who live in that area frequently go to a store like that and now it’s gone because a bunch of thugs who pretend to care about what happened decided to act like idiots

Obviously worst case scenario... But as I stated earlier... Tell me just ONE thing good that will happen to you by not cooperating!!!
Do you follow police instructions when they ask you to fellate them? That's an actual thing that happens and I would hope that when it does people resist. I'll let you figure out why that would be a good thing.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Suggesting the level of force used should be proportional to the threat level he posed isn’t making excuses for him. He should have been tased, he shouldn’t have been shot - and that was the intent.
Nice. Don't cooperate with the cops; expect to die.
So if you don't listen to the cops, you should expect to die. Wow, with that logic there should have been many deaths on Jan 6th, sadly the only person who died was a cop. Cops aren't judge, jury and executioners.

So if you don't listen to the cops, you should expect to die. Wow, with that logic there should have been many deaths on Jan 6th, sadly the only person who died was a cop. Cops aren't judge, jury and executioners.
blue lives matter, but only until its inconvenient...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT