ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Nets Twolves game postponed after police shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
And think of how many innocent black people who live in that area frequently go to a store like that and now it’s gone because a bunch of thugs who pretend to care about what happened decided to act like idiots
Exactly. I'm not sure the point of destroying a dollar store is other than to show that you can. OK great, you must be proud.
Just don't whine and complain then if that store decides not to reopen in your burnt out town then, much like Target did with some locations last year.

It really screws the people who actually frequent the store due to financial constraints, convenience or whatever. All you do is hurt your own people.

Exactly. I'm not sure the point of destroying a dollar store is other than to show that you can. OK great, you must be proud.
Just don't whine and complain then if that store decides not to reopen in your burnt out town then, much like Target did with some locations last year.

It really screws the people who actually frequent the store due to financial constraints, convenience or whatever. All you do is hurt your own people.
How do Target and Dollar Tree help the communities where they are located? They squeeze out the competition of local businesses and then offer really crappy low paying jobs. Then they still make large profits by extracting value from the community that goes to shareholders that don't live in the community. Dollar Tree in particular is the carrion-eating bird of the economic life-cycle of a community. Has an area ever had a Dollar Tree move in and then became a flourishing place with good schools and the kind of jobs you can support a family with?

Reactions: Greg2020
How do Target and Dollar Tree help the communities where they are located? They squeeze out the competition of local businesses and then offer really crappy low paying jobs. Then they still make large profits by extracting value from the community that goes to shareholders that don't live in the community. Dollar Tree in particular is the carrion-eating bird of the economic life-cycle of a community. Has an area ever had a Dollar Tree move in and then became a flourishing place with good schools and the kind of jobs you can support a family with?
there are food deserts where low income families have nothing but dollar tree to buy groceries from.

You’re too stupid to insult

I'm not being a jackass. I'm trying to determine when you can disobey a police officer. According to you it appears to be never with 3 exclamation points.
So if a cop decides to place you under arrest... Do you actually believe it is ok to resist at that point?

Reactions: Spare130
So if you don't listen to the cops, you should expect to die. Wow, with that logic there should have been many deaths on Jan 6th, sadly the only person who died was a cop. Cops aren't judge, jury and executioners.

I don’t see how you got that from my post. I was stating that he shouldn’t have been shot and that his risk to the safety of the officers and others didn’t seem to rise to the level of needing lethal force...that a taser, which is non-lethal, seemed like the correct response to a suspect who lunges into a vehicle in what could be an attempt to flee.

Nice. Don't cooperate with the cops; expect to die.

Dying for failing to cooperate with the police must be all that freedom, liberty, and the sanctity of life we hear so much about.

Also a wonderful use of tax dollars. Not sure if my favorite part is paying the salary or the multi million dollar settlements they cause. Really getting bang for our buck.

I don’t need a rebuttal when you’re trying to justify the looting a dollar tree by a bunch of random thugs that don’t care about what’s going on with the shooting incident
I'm not justifying looting. I don't think looting is a strong political strategy. I do question the assertion that the people are hurting their own community by doing so. They hurt a business whose profits do not flow into the community and whose business at best is a net neutral, but more likely than not harms the community.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I'm not justifying looting. I don't think looting is a strong political strategy. I do question the assertion that the people are hurting their own community by doing so. They hurt a business whose profits do not flow into the community and whose business at best is a net neutral, but more likely than not harms the community.
Looting destroys businesses and sometimes the corporation that owns the business decides to leave the area.
Small family businesses destroyed by looters might not reopen because the owners feel the area is unsafe or don't have enough money to reopen and might , if financially able, move to another area..No matter if you agree with the protests goals or disagree and feel protest unnecessary, we a;ll should agree destroying a business in any community is wrong, even if the protest has a valid point.

Looters are not protesters, they are criminals using a protest to cover their criminal acts.

So if a cop decides to place you under arrest... Do you actually believe it is ok to resist at that point?

It’s not acceptable to resist, but there’s a crime for that - “resisting arrest”. Again, lethal force is only to be used when the suspect presents an imminent danger to the officers or bystanders. Simply fleeing doesn’t rise to that level.

He was not completely handcuffed only one hand was before he broke free of the officer and got back into the car trying to drive away.

There is proper tech to handcuff a person. Having one handcuff is MORE than HALF WAY to being in control.
Proper tech is ALL PART to making an arrest.

"You are under arrest." ONCE a Police Officer makes that simple statement THAT Police Officer IS RESPONSIBLE for the safety and well being of the person under arrest. The Police Officer MUST PROTECT the person arrested from himself (resisting/flight), other Police Officers, other civilians, and from taking illegal or unprofessional actions by the arresting Officer.

FRANKLY if you can't make an arrest, with or without handcuffs you have NO BUSINESS being a Police Officer. ( I see where this police person has resigned her position.)

Hiring Police Officers with the PRIMARY idea of political correctness is the WRONG way to hire.

People do get killed every year, BOTH civilians AND Police and not for what the arrest was originally about. Just being careless and using bad or lackadasical tactics.

Looting destroys businesses and sometimes the corporation that owns the business decides to leave the area.
Small family businesses destroyed by looters might not reopen because the owners feel the area is unsafe or don't have enough money to reopen and might , if financially able, move to another area..No matter if you agree with the protests goals or disagree and feel protest unnecessary, we a;ll should agree destroying a business in any community is wrong, even if the protest has a valid point.

Looters are not protesters, they are criminals using a protest to cover their criminal acts.
Did you read a word? I said nothing of family businesses. Looters and dollar stores are both enemies of family/local businesses.

Don't believe he was ever actually cuffed.

When that issue is cleared up get back to me.

But ''under arrest'' is UNDER ARREST, the arresting Officer has the moral and legal duty to make the arrest, with suitable force ON THE SPOT. She is responsible for any injury that occurs after those 2 words to the arrestee. Injury to the arrestee is covered by the 'resisting arrest' criminal charge.

Reactions: RUScrew85
A good 'trick' that helped me when making an arrest for DWI, which I did over 1,000 times in my NJSP career was.

Everyone has seen people doing DWI co-ordination tests on the side of the road ?
So I had 3 tests that I gave every time. At the end of the last test I would direct the drunk to face away and put your hands behind your back. The drunk would think it was just another balance test. I would have my cuffs out and click/click he was cuffed and "You are under arrest for DWI."
Stuff him in the Troop car and back to the barracks, no sweat, no issues, no need to get physical.

This is somehow staying as a somewhat respectful, productive thread. Props to everybody involved.

can't keep a local grocery store in business selling fresh and healthy food options when the ppl in that neighborhood can't afford it. eating healthy is expensive.

this kind of thinking that certain people are too dumb to figure out what to eat or how to get id reeks of privilege....

Looting isn’t involved with politics in anyway. It’s not even involved with the shooting in any way. It’s a bunch of thugs taking advantage of someone’s death by realizing they’re now able to buy a TV without having to get a job.

It sure is odd how different the CE hot takes were when police shot a terrorist invading a federal building in January.

Wonder what the difference was there....what it could be?

A real head scratcher.
The “terrorists” were white so their lives didn’t matter. Only the lives of Michael brown (shot after assaulting a police officer while being questioned about robbing a store) Rayshard Brooks, (shot for doing nothing wrong other than resisting arrest, assaulting 2 cops, stealing a cops taser, tasing one of them and running away) and of course George Floyd who overdosed, mattered. It’s almost like you have a certain agenda that you’re trying to shove down everybody’s throats but I can’t figure out what those guys all have in common.

the most vile, disgusting police incident in the last decade happened to a man named Daniel shaver but you don’t care about him, and he’s not famous, because he has the wrong skin color.

Reactions: RUScrew85
So if you don't listen to the cops, you should expect to die. Wow, with that logic there should have been many deaths on Jan 6th, sadly the only person who died was a cop. Cops aren't judge, jury and executioners.

Wow so much idiocy in this post. If you don't listen to anyone who has a disparity of force over you you are asking for trouble. That's just nature. With a police officer it even more dangerous because they have so many rules they can't just decide to say "forget it". They have to follow their procedure and the law and are tied to a response. Someone in a bar kicking your ass can get bored and stop. The police need to get you to comply. Period. Eventually that will bring into play more and more force and eventually a gun. Sadly the gun was pulled by mistake this time. You tell folks their not allowed to execute you though even though your "argument" will put you in a position to maybe get executed. Hope that works for you in the hood too.

As for your sad political straw man on referencing to the patriots protesting on 1/6 - look up Ashlii Babbit - An AF (IIRC) Vet who was shot in the head for being in the Capitol - nothing as serious as this thug running from an arrest and a warrant. But CCNMSNBCABCCBS doesn't tell you about Ashlii - just the stuff that they want to you to hear. And you're happy being ignorant.

Reactions: bac2therac
Aaron Hicks of the Yankees also took off from last nights game. I was watching a live feed on Facebook of the looting at a shopping center in Brooklyn Center. They destroyed every store in the plaza and took most items. People were bringing trailers to their trucks and just loading up.

Maybe he should read the Chicago papers and then he can take every Monday off - Oh wait!

It’s hilarious to watch the “emotionally distraught” clowns laughing hysterically in the streets while walking out of stores with their shopping carts. None of them even care about what actually happened.. the news probably excited them knowing they don’t have to work to buy their next pair of sneakers.. they can just grab a few pairs along with a TV

Work? You spelled wait for a check wrong.

And think of how many innocent black people who live in that area frequently go to a store like that and now it’s gone because a bunch of thugs who pretend to care about what happened decided to act like idiots

Next year you'll be hearing about the poor victims of "Shopping Deserts".

A good 'trick' that helped me when making an arrest for DWI, which I did over 1,000 times in my NJSP career was.

Everyone has seen people doing DWI co-ordination tests on the side of the road ?
So I had 3 tests that I gave every time. At the end of the last test I would direct the drunk to face away and put your hands behind your back. The drunk would think it was just another balance test. I would have my cuffs out and click/click he was cuffed and "You are under arrest for DWI."
Stuff him in the Troop car and back to the barracks, no sweat, no issues, no need to get physical.

Pro Tip: Never do the last DWI test! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT