ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Baseball Trivia

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Who are the only two Hall of Fame pitchers who were winners of the Silver Slugger award as the top hitter at his position? Remember that the award was not given prior to 1980.
One of them won it four times.

Bonus question: Who is the only player to win Rookie of the Year, Cy Young and Silver Slugger the same year?

One is definitely Glavine. Think he won it a few times. For the other, I'll guess Madddux or Smoltz. That staff could all hit.

Last edited:
OK, now that the NL has finally adopted the DH, who was the last pitcher to record an at-bat? Had to be last World Series in the NL city.

For my money, Greg Maddux is the best pitcher ever, but he was not a hitter. He batted .171 for his career. Contrast that with Tommy Byrne, who Mel Allen used to call "that gooood hitting pitcher". Byrne hit ,240 in 11 years with the Yankees. Sometimes even pinch hit. His cumulative numbers were like a semi-regular: 425 AB, 18-7-11 with 69 RBI. He even stole a base.

OK, now that the NL has finally adopted the DH, who was the last pitcher to record an at-bat? Had to be last World Series in the NL city.

For my money, Greg Maddux is the best pitcher ever, but he was not a hitter. He batted .171 for his career. Contrast that with Tommy Byrne, who Mel Allen used to call "that gooood hitting pitcher". Byrne hit ,240 in 11 years with the Yankees. Sometimes even pinch hit. His cumulative numbers were like a semi-regular: 425 AB, 18-7-11 with 69 RBI. He even stole a base.
Just went through WS and NLCS box scores. Not one hit by a pitcher. At this point, I give up. Feel free to check NLDS if you'd like.

Hampton actually won it 5 times and I didn't include him. You'tr right on Zambrano but there are two others besides him
Hint: they both played for the same team and I think for a year or two were actually teammates.

Hampton actually won it 5 times and I didn't include him. You'tr right on Zambrano but there are two others besides him
Hint: they both played for the same team and I think for a year or two were actually teammates.

Anybody??

New question, fairly easy:
Who is the only pitcher to hit a grand slam in the World Series?
Time frame was 1960-1980

Had to be game 5 in Washington. Was it Gerrit Cole? I know he went deep into that game.

Another one.
This may never be broken because nobody steals bases any more.

Who holds the record for most stolen bases in a career in the postseason?
It's not Ricky Henderson. He's second.

Another one.
This may never be broken because nobody steals bases any more.

Who holds the record for most stolen bases in a career in the postseason?
It's not Ricky Henderson. He's second.
Lou Brock?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT