ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Bruce Springsteen Album Oct. 23 - On Howard Stern Oct. 31

Waiting on line at Prazantellis in Bound Brook or the record store in Somerville for his tix...
I remember fondly waiting at Pranzatelli's for Bruce tix for the Tunnel of Love tour in 1988. Got lucky with the place-in-line ticket that was drawn and scored 10th row center ducats for one of the concerts during the 5-show run at MSG.

Reactions: toby83
Night Shift?
How Dare You Greta GIF

Sounds like a Brian Adams cover. The last album I liked by him was The Rising.

Name an artist who started in the 1960s or 1970s who has had a strong album released in the last 5 years. Hard to do.

However, still think that Bruce's latest is an extremely strong release with some great songs.

Burning Train is an all out rocker, and when Bruce is at his best, his lyrics are not direct, but drenched in metaphors.

Ghosts is classic Springsteen, a homage to his friend who passed too soon.

And if this performance of See in My Dreams does not move you . . .

Nah, not relevant in 2021.
The last album by the Who called "Who" is awesome. Came out 3 years ago in Dec. '19. Daltry can still belt like Daltry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Weird that of all the soul influences this would be the first song. The original always felt like a bs attempt to make the commodores more relevant by singing about departed artists. It’s a cheap way to get a hit

There needs to be a Beavis and Butthead episode created to have them make fun of this video.

This SUCKS - what on earth possessed him to do this, it's painful.

It occurred to me that the album is about under appreciated songs that he loves.

And I listened so The Commodores version for the first time in a long time!

Bruce will finally do a Howard Stern interview on October 31.

Apparently, Howard has not been in the studio, even for interviews, since March 2020. Plain weird, but in keeping with his neurotic behavior.

Wonder if Howard will bust Bruce's chops and ask him the "probing" questions about his sex life. Howard is a terrible interview, and he and Robin spend more time interrupting their guests than letting them talk.

Apparently, Howard has not been in the studio, even for interviews, since March 2020. Plain weird, but in keeping with his neurotic behavior.

Wonder if Howard will bust Bruce's chops and ask him the "probing" questions about his sex life. Howard is a terrible interview, and he and Robin spend more time interrupting their guests than letting them talk.

Is Gary going to be able to sleep the night before?

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift

In Stern-related news, I got a “bababooey” VOICEMAIL on the Sarah Silverman podcast last week 😊

I am not a fan of Springstein's music at all. Don't hate it. Just don't find it enjoyable to listen to.

Have no idea what his politics are and couldn't care less about that w/him or any other performer unless they're advocating for physical violence towards innocent people or xenophobia or racism or whatever other evil crap sub-humans seem to enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT