ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Bruce Springsteen Album Oct. 23 - On Howard Stern Oct. 31

I hate springsteen but I heard a song on an indie station that I liked. It sounded like a live version of a song Id never heard before. The only lyrics I can remember said something like "we'll meet on the other side" anyone know what song it was? Thanks

Meeting Across the River from Born to Run

Reactions: Rutgers8086
Meeting Across the River from Born to Run
Songs with "other side":

Blood Brothers: "'Cause it's a good night for a ride 'cross the river to the other side, my blood brothers"
American Skin: "'Cross the bloody river to the other side"
Ghosts: "Meet you brother and sister on the other side"
Incident on 57th Street: "I want to drive you down to the other side of town"
Meeting Across the River: "Got to make it through the tunnel, got a meeting with a man on the other side"
Paradise: "I search for you on the other side"
The Long Goodbye: "Well I woke up this morning on the other side"
With Every Wish: "Guiding us 'cross to another river on the other side"

Awesome site:

Reactions: bossnj1
Songs with "other side":

Blood Brothers: "'Cause it's a good night for a ride 'cross the river to the other side, my blood brothers"
American Skin: "'Cross the bloody river to the other side"
Ghosts: "Meet you brother and sister on the other side"
Incident on 57th Street: "I want to drive you down to the other side of town"
Meeting Across the River: "Got to make it through the tunnel, got a meeting with a man on the other side"
Paradise: "I search for you on the other side"
The Long Goodbye: "Well I woke up this morning on the other side"
With Every Wish: "Guiding us 'cross to another river on the other side"

Awesome site:

Don’t leave out Across the Border: Where the sky grows gray and white/We'll meet on the other side/There across the border

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Bruce threads are always so amusing. The haters always feel the need to chime in, as if their opinion was at all relevant or valuable in any way.
Not a hater. Been to see him many times but shut up and entertain me applies to all celebs and athletes who have no clue what’s happening in the real world. They need to be woke.

Reactions: toby83 and goru1869
Not a hater. Been to see him many times but shut up and entertain me applies to all celebs and athletes who have no clue what’s happening in the real world. They need to be woke.
I politely requested in the OP to avoid this sh!t. But some people feel the need to get their licks in no matter what. Newsflash. Bruce has not toured in several years and may not tour again until 2022.

This thread is about his new music and what you think about it. If you want to start a thread about how you don't like entertainers and musicians don't agree with your politics, please start a new thread.

What do you think of the two new songs?

See...I'm the exact opposite. With musicians anyway. Perhaps it's the Bob Dylan influence. Or just growing up in the Sixties. I prefer my musicians to speak to the problems in the world today...besides their girlfriend leaving or their truck breaking down.
Cada Loco Con Su Tema.

Great songwriter and a good musician. Has been able to stay musically relevant for four plus decades which is astonishing. Im sure he will continue to write, sing and speak about things he believes are important as he should.

Not sure why this thread was revived, but I'll weigh in. I've been a huge Bruce fan for most of my life, but I hate everything he's put out over the last 15 years or so. Until this album. I watched the making of doc on Apple TV and was hooked. There are a lot of great songs. Probably one of the rare examples of an aging band putting out a record worth listening to, at least for me.

This board seems to thrive on necroposting.

Speaking of "necro", have ya seen Patti Scialfa lately?

Don't let her bite ya!

Thanks, I'm here all week.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
Bruce turned 72 today.

No question that you are the numero uno Bruce fan boy on this board. Nothing wrong with that.

Super duper Bruce fans like you will love the new album and hate anyone who thinks that he jumped the shark a long time ago.

Next time you run into Stevie tell him that he should drop 50. 😀 😀
Wow, he kept this under wraps. Solid first song for Bruce, who turns 71 at the end of this month. Please, try to restrain yourself from going where every thread goes if you disagree with his politics. Please. Pretty please.

No question that you are the numero uno Bruce fan boy on this board. Nothing wrong with that.

Super duper Bruce fans like you will love the new album and hate anyone who thinks that he jumped the shark a long time ago.

Next time you run into Stevie tell him that he should drop 50. 😀 😀
IDK about numero uno. I used to be more of a fan. The last album was a very solid effort. I don't hate anyone who hates Bruce. He seems to be a love or hate type of artist. His politics could be less monotonic in tone and a little more fair and balanced. Never hear a word when there is a mistake by a member of his party. There are plenty of mistakes on both sides to be discussed. Can never understand how someone could be like that. He still suffers from TDS (something he said on his last Sirius/XM show out of nowhere), which is kind of odd.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Not sure why this thread was revived, but I'll weigh in. I've been a huge Bruce fan for most of my life, but I hate everything he's put out over the last 15 years or so. Until this album. I watched the making of doc on Apple TV and was hooked. There are a lot of great songs. Probably one of the rare examples of an aging band putting out a record worth listening to, at least for me.

His last good album was Magic

Springsteen is like De Niro. And I don’t mean in terms of politics. I mean in terms of pumping out a lot of stuff just for the sake of doing it to cash in while they still can.

Two all time greats that are still trying to be relevant and cashing checks.
Just gracefully exit the stage.

IDK about numero uno. I used to be more of a fan. The last album was a very solid effort. I don't hate anyone who hates Bruce. He seems to be a love or hate type of artist. His politics could be less monotonic in tone and a little more fair and balanced. Never hear a word when there is a mistake by a member of his party. There are plenty of mistakes on both sides to be discussed. Can never understand how someone could be like that. He still suffers from TDS (something he said on his last Sirius/XM show out of nowhere), which is kind of odd.
He should write a song about that TDS thing because there has never been a better time to think about getting what you asked for in booting T and seeing how bad that turned out to be.

I re-reviewed Letter to You when this thread got necroed. It smacks of being derivative of the past.. even the lyrics though I am not sure what exactly is the source.. maybe Bruce isn't either. An homage to a different time for sure... which is great because Bruce became famous writing about common feelings with which all young men could identify and this song is perfect for an old man turning 72. Politics had nothing to do with it. And the common man is in trouble in this nation.. and across the world because "freedom" in the land of the free is in trouble.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Go away Bruce. It's over. And has been for a long time.
His music has declined over the years but he still has a really good following and I bet can still draw a good crowd all around the world. I see his new music output now as a reflection of his age. But at 71, he can still rock out his old tunes on the stage.
Springsteen is like De Niro. And I don’t mean in terms of politics. I mean in terms of pumping out a lot of stuff just for the sake of doing it to cash in while they still can.
The Boss has a net worth estimated around 500 million bucks. You think his passion and dedication to music is about padding that number? He can comfortably live off the interest of his interest. Springsteen seems like a guy who truly enjoys his craft and takes pleasure in delivering it to others.

I re-reviewed Letter to You when this thread got necroed. It smacks of being derivative of the past.. even the lyrics though I am not sure what exactly is the source.. maybe Bruce isn't either. An homage to a different time for sure... which is great because Bruce became famous writing about common feelings with which all young men could identify and this song is perfect for an old man turning 72.

His music has declined over the years but he still has a really good following and I bet can still draw a good crowd all around the world. I see his new music output now as a reflection of his age. But at 71, he can still rock out his old tunes on the stage.

The Boss has a net worth estimated around 500 million bucks. You think his passion and dedication to music is about padding that number? He can comfortably live off the interest of his interest. Springsteen seems like a guy who truly enjoys his craft and takes pleasure in delivering it to others.

Name an artist who started in the 1960s or 1970s who has had a strong album released in the last 5 years. Hard to do.

However, still think that Bruce's latest is an extremely strong release with some great songs.

Burning Train is an all out rocker, and when Bruce is at his best, his lyrics are not direct, but drenched in metaphors.

Ghosts is classic Springsteen, a homage to his friend who passed too soon.

And if this performance of See in My Dreams does not move you . . .

Nah, not relevant in 2021.

Reactions: RutHut
He has a great following but no where near what it was and hasn't been for years. I've seen him many times but the last one was at Penn State in 2009. It use to be getting tickets for his shows were so hard to get. That night it was less than two thirds full.

Bought Born to Run and none since
I wasn't initially a fan. As a teen, I heard people raving about him and since I didn't think much of those people, it colored what I heard. I thought his "sound" had been done better by Southside Johnny.

But I did listen. And when "Born to Run" was played to death down the shore, I knew all the words and liked the tune.

Then one cold November night... and the late 70s were very cold indeed. A bunch of us drove up to Asbury Park to a car show and.. lo and behold.. the lyrics to "Born to Run" came to life before my eyes. I saw cars driving a circuit just to cruise and "girls combing their hair in the rear view mirror" and an "amusement park rising bold and stark", "kids huddled on the beach in the mist"...

I saw what Bruce saw.. what he wrote.

Listening to him from then on was different. I was a fan. And, @Knight Shift , yes, when I said he was writing as an old man.. I meant an old man looking back.. because there is much more behind than there is ahead of him. I meant it as an observation, not a criticism. He does it well.

Last edited:
Early stuff was good. Born in the USA was not as good but more popular. Wrecking ball sucked as much as I wanted to love it due to the 9/11 sentiments. Nothing good since the early stuff but his fanbase is cult like which explains the Penn St hat.

ADVERTISEMENT