ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, this counts as simply news, not politics...it was good to see former President Trump urging all Americans to get vaccinated, as per the comments from the article linked below. Hopefully this will convince some of the skeptics to get vaccinated.

"I would recommend it and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly," Trump told Bartiromo. "It is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/.../trump-urges-all-americans-to...

5 new people I know in Somerset County now have it. There's a pretty big outbreak under way here, rumor is that Bridgewater and Bound Brook look to be going all virtual to the end of the year. County cases are WAY underreported right now, probably pulling in around 200+ cases a day, I'm not sure why the county reporting is so low.
All have symptoms?

I know people running out to get their kids and themselves tested with no symptoms when they have a close contact situation. Crazy Town to walk into a medimerge with no symptoms imo.

Regardless, with more people going out to malls now, youth sporting events, etc, not surprising to see a slight case increase. Hopefully hospitals don't follow.

Reactions: bac2therac
My kids will have a minimal response to this virus if they catch it. I will not 100% trust the vaccine until I know there are no long term affects of it. I voluntarily took the vaccine yesterday because I was given the opportunity because of my job and because I have high blood pressure. If I didn't have high blood pressure I wouldn't have taken the vaccine.

But you will 100% trust risking your kids to getting covid? Even though long term effects of Covid infected children are not known either? I understand what you are saying, but the rationale should work both ways. I have seen and experienced the long term effects of covid in adults. They can be severe and lifelong. If the virus effects children similarly, there could be lung, heart, vascular, neurological, etc. issues down the road. It's a good debate topic.

Why are you guys debating this? "Because he's the president" shouldn't be the answer. The president has no authority over how you gather, there's no national guard or US marshals or FEMA agents patrolling. Just ignore him and get on with your lives as you see fit.

As an elected leader, he is there to provide guidance for the greater good, correct? But I guess who cares, right? Kind of like people who dont listen to their doctors and dont eat healthy, exercise, control their blood glucose, smoke, etc. Who cares right? Let em do what they want.

i thought he said we are all vaccinated by May. so why are we not getting together until July? he can suck my di ck if he thinks he is going to tell me who i can hang out with and when.

Great. People like you were part of the problem the past 12 months. The "I do what I wanters" didnt help with taming the infection and death rates in this country but then cry the blues when there are limitations imposed...and then ignore them anyway. Now you are instructing someone to perform fellatio on you? Can't make this stuff up.

Some good news on COVID case rates plummeting in the nation's long term care facilities, for both workers and residents, over the past 1-2 months (faster than the drop in cases in the general public), with a major part of this likely due to vaccinations, as one would expect. The article didn't analyze deaths in any detail, but these should also be dropping, as death data always lag case data.

𝑀𝑜𝑛𝑡ℎ𝑠 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑓𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑑. 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑 𝑣𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 𝑜𝑓 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑 𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑛𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑓𝑓 𝑚𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑙 83% — 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 28,802 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐷𝑒𝑐. 20 𝑡𝑜 4,764 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐹𝑒𝑏. 14, 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 & 𝑀𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑆𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑠.

𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑐𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑑-19 𝑖𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑛𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠 𝑓𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑦, 𝑏𝑦 89%, 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑜𝑑, 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 58% 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐, 𝐶𝑀𝑆 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐽𝑜ℎ𝑛𝑠 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑠 𝑈𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑎 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑠.

𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑛𝑢𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝑠𝑢𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 "𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑣𝑎𝑐𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝑑𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑐 𝑒𝑓𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑜𝑛 𝑟𝑒𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒𝑠, 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑔𝑖𝑛𝑔," 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝐵𝑒𝑡ℎ 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑜, 𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐴𝑚𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝐻𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑡ℎ 𝐶𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝐴𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑁𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝐶𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐴𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝐿𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑎𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑦 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑝.

https://khn.org/news/article/covid-...sing-home-staffers-despite-vaccine-hesitancy/

All have symptoms?

I know people running out to get their kids and themselves tested with no symptoms when they have a close contact situation. Crazy Town to walk into a medimerge with no symptoms imo.

Regardless, with more people going out to malls now, youth sporting events, etc, not surprising to see a slight case increase. Hopefully hospitals don't follow.

All with symptoms, none serious. I now know of over 30 people on Somerset county alone who have gotten the virus the past 3 weeks. In many cases one person brought it back and then infected the whole family. So far no serious cases thankfully and the age range is wide.

Reactions: toby83 and Jm0513
All with symptoms, none serious. I now know of over 30 people on Somerset county alone who have gotten the virus the past 3 weeks. In many cases one person brought it back and then infected the whole family. So far no serious cases thankfully and the age range is wide.
That's the way the vast majority of people get infected, outside of superspreader events where people in large groups don't take any precautions. People aren't getting infected at work or in stores, at least not in this area, where almost everyone wears masks in those locations.

Reactions: Greg2020
Anyone else starting to think the largely bizarre suspension of the AZ vaccine (non-profit) is due to lobbying of the for-profit vaccine cohort of pharmas? The Italian head of medicine is publicly suggesting this is the case in the EU. On top of this you have Pfizer execs stating that prices will increase significantly when the pandemic moves to epidemic stage.
Really? Ya think maybe it's because people are dropping like flies that are taking it? How many countries have suspended use of this "approved" for emergency use vaccine? It should be labeled, "create an emergency for use" vaccine at this point.

That's the way the vast majority of people get infected, outside of superspreader events where people in large groups don't take any precautions. People aren't getting infected at work or in stores, at least not in this area, where almost everyone wears masks in those locations.
So the masks prevent others from catching it, huh?

I’m probably wrong. I don’t pretend to know whose data is right nowadays, lol.

But from this article, looks lIke at least 24M got their first shot. So about a 1/3 of the UK is on their way. Assume worst case that these are all AZ shots, where there is 3 months between, that may be a reason for the lag behind the US for fully vaxed. But it’s not like they are not rolling out. In a few months, these people will get their second shot. If true, and they keep up that velocity, I’d say the UK is doing a pretty good job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55274833
Correct, the UK purposely pursued a "delay the 2nd shot" approach to get as many people possible vaccinated with a single shot, which still provide significant protection, if not quite as much as 2 shots. But the US is doing better than almost every other country, except Israel.

Amazinf you know exactly where everybody is catching it. Well done!

So the masks prevent others from catching it, huh?

I've said this before here. My wife contracted COVID from a colleague in a health care setting where she and her colleague wore surgical masks 100% of the time. Were 6 feet apart minimum at a conference table in a conference room with a closed door. Met together for about 20-30 minutes. Colleague came down with symptoms day after meeting. My wife 3-4 days after that. Masks likely help minimize the spread but are clearly not 100%. N95 masks are only 95% effective. All others are less.

i thought he said we are all vaccinated by May. so why are we not getting together until July? he can suck my di ck if he thinks he is going to tell me who i can hang out with and when.
did he and his mini-me Fauci say we still had to wear masks to do that lol?
We're done. All the older folks have their shots and Easter is going to be celebrated at my house like any normal Easter. Day of re-birth for sure!

Really? Ya think maybe it's because people are dropping like flies that are taking it? How many countries have suspended use of this "approved" for emergency use vaccine? It should be labeled, "create an emergency for use" vaccine at this point.
Once again you spew nonsense. The Astra-Zeneca vaccine is likely quite safe with respect to blood clotting, based on the data available post-approval, as per the excerpt below from Derek Lowe's latest blog entry on this, showing that clotting issues are no greater in the vaccinated group than in the general population. This doesn't mean reports of adverse event shouldn't be investigated, but the EU states who have paused the use of the AZ vaccine need to resolve their concerns quickly or else risk a major erosion in public confidence without having data saying it's not safe - especially when the EMA (the EU's version of the FDA) is still saying the AZ vaccine is safe.

It's a mess that doesn't need to be a mess, IMO. I also think it's nuts that countries with no other vaccines would be pausing use of a vaccine which is clearly effective and appears to be safe. Even if a COVID vaccine had 1 in 1MM people die (none have died from the vaccine to date - this is a hypothetical), I would still approve it and get it as the vaccine prevents anywhere from 100 to 10,000 (or more in the very old) deaths per 1MM from COVID, depending on age.

The big question is, are the reports of vascular problems greater than one would expect in the vaccinated population as a whole? It’s not clear to me what the answer is, and it may very well be “No, they aren’t”. That CNBC link above quotes Michael Head at Southampton as saying that the data so far look like the problems show up at at least the same levels, and may even be lower in the vaccinated group. AstraZeneca has said that they’re aware of 15 events of deep vein thrombosis and 22 events pulmonary embolisms, but that’s in 17 million people who have had at least one shot – and they say that is indeed “much lower than would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of this size“. It also appears to be similar to what’s been seen with the other coronavirus vaccines, which rather than meaning “they’re all bad” looks like they’re all showing the same baseline signal of such events across a broad population, without adding to it.

In that case, this could be an example of what I warned about back in December (and many others have warned about as well), the post hoc ergo propter hoc “false side effects” problem. I’ve been looking this morning, and so far have not found anyone clearly stating that the problems seen are running higher in the vaccinated patients, anyway (if someone does come across such numbers or such a statement, I’ll amend this post immediately with a link). I realize that there’s a possibility (not a likely one, though) that some particular batch of vaccine is more problematic, but I haven’t seen any solid evidence of that, either

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeli...-going-on-with-the-astrazeneca-oxford-vaccine

Dropping like flies???

He said everyone will be eligible on May 1st. Specifically said everyone won't be vaccinated by then.

193,000,000 acres in the National Forest system. 330,000,000 people. Everyone gets their own .58 acre. Or each family of four can enjoy their Independence Day picnic on over two acres!!!!! Of course you can add in the National Parks, Bureau of Land Management lands, etc. etc.
Haha good answer. Now how do we all get there?

To me, this counts as simply news, not politics...it was good to see former President Trump urging all Americans to get vaccinated, as per the comments from the article linked below. Hopefully this will convince some of the skeptics to get vaccinated.

"I would recommend it and I would recommend it to a lot of people that don't want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly," Trump told Bartiromo. "It is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/.../trump-urges-all-americans-to...
Trump definitely has done his part to convince the skeptics. Two other high level people should do theirs. #1 and #2. If they take the politics out of this more people will be inclined on both sides to get vaccinated. However, many still will not and we cannot force them nor should we.

Trump definitely has done his part to convince the skeptics. Two other high level people should do theirs. #1 and #2. If they take the politics out of this more people will be inclined on both sides to get vaccinated. However, many still will not and we cannot force them nor should we.
What politics? "everyone who is eligible should get vaccinated" is pretty non-partisan.

What politics? "everyone who is eligible should get vaccinated" is pretty non-partisan.
I personally think everyone should but we cannot force them. Telling the truth about the vaccines and retracting a statement or two would help convince some of the skeptics on both sides. I’m not going to get this thread shut down by giving the details. I’m just saying it would help if they did it.

Yes, because they're scientists who know that all of the items on the left make large differences in becoming infected, while all of the items on the right make marginal, if any, impact on whether one becomes infected with COVID. One should always focus public health policies on those that make the greatest impact. If you understood infectious diseases you wouldn't post such foolish memes.

Yes, because they're scientists who know that all of the items on the left make large differences in becoming infected, while all of the items on the right make marginal, if any, impact on whether one becomes infected with COVID. One should always focus public health policies on those that make the greatest impact. If you understood infectious diseases you wouldn't post such foolish memes.

It’s the logical equivalent of the fire department telling a homeowner witnessing their house burn down that it’s good practice to check the batteries on your smoke alarms each time you change the clocks each year.

But you will 100% trust risking your kids to getting covid? Even though long term effects of Covid infected children are not known either? I understand what you are saying, but the rationale should work both ways. I have seen and experienced the long term effects of covid in adults. They can be severe and lifelong. If the virus effects children similarly, there could be lung, heart, vascular, neurological, etc. issues down the road. It's a good debate topic.

As an elected leader, he is there to provide guidance for the greater good, correct? But I guess who cares, right? Kind of like people who dont listen to their doctors and dont eat healthy, exercise, control their blood glucose, smoke, etc. Who cares right? Let em do what they want.

Great. People like you were part of the problem the past 12 months. The "I do what I wanters" didnt help with taming the infection and death rates in this country but then cry the blues when there are limitations imposed...and then ignore them anyway. Now you are instructing someone to perform fellatio on you? Can't make this stuff up.

I understand and appreciate your response to my post. My friends work in hospitals as nurses (one being an ICU nursing manager) and I haven't been told by them that they have seen clots or tissue damage in younger patients months after having covid like they do with many adults. That doesn't necessarily mean things may not come up in the future but as of now they aren't worried about their kids catching covid. I have my concerns about this vaccine. Probably unwarranted, but I worry about it's possible long term affects.

You are a doctor, right? Have you seen any prolonged issues for healthy kids that had covid like tissue damage or blood clots?

It’s the logical equivalent of the fire department telling a homeowner witnessing their house burn down that it’s good practice to check the batteries on your smoke alarms each time you change the clocks each year.
Not the same at all. Not everyone is dead like the example you just gave about the house. It’s not too late at all to get in shape, get Vitamin D and other supplements, eat healthy, etc. we should do all of those things including your suggestion to change your alarm batteries every year.

Not the same at all. Not everyone is dead like the example you just gave about the house. It’s not too late at all to get in shape, get Vitamin D and other supplements, eat healthy, etc. we should do all of those things including your suggestion to change your alarm batteries every year.

Not everyone in the house died, either. The point is you have a an emergency that needs to be addressed. Preventative measures are certainLy useful, but not as helpful in the midst of a crisis. And probably best offered by a different health agency other than the Center for Disease Control. In the midst of a pandemic, the time to prepare was years ago.

Somebody just sent me this. So please share if you know 75 Year Old Seniors who need help getting scheduled.

Seniors age 75 and older are able to access free, dedicated COVID
19 vaccine appointments in New Jersey Directly call
856 -249-7007
(senior specific NJ COVID Call Center hotline,
available 8am - 8pm)

Register, schedule and reschedule
appointments as needed
This is a phone number just for those 75 and older.

Not everyone in the house died, either. The point is you have a an emergency that needs to be addressed. Preventative measures are certainLy useful, but not as helpful in the midst of a crisis. And probably best offered by a different health agency other than the Center for Disease Control. In the midst of a pandemic, the time to prepare was years ago.
It’s never too late to take precautions. Glad not everyone in the house died in the fire. The fire could have been avoided with batteries in your example. A lot of deaths can still be avoided if people do the right thing on both sides of the meme above. Healthy people survive this virus. Masks only slow it down. Washing our hands probably slowed it down a little. Social distancing and avoiding crowds probably helped the most in this example but everything on the right helps too. Why can’t we do all of these things?

It’s never too late to take precautions. Glad not everyone in the house died in the fire. The fire could have been avoided with batteries in your example. A lot of deaths can still be avoided if people do the right thing on both sides of the meme above. Healthy people survive this virus. Masks only slow it down. Washing our hands probably slowed it down a little. Social distancing and avoiding crowds probably helped the most in this example but everything on the right helps too. Why can’t we do all of these things?

We can, but in the midst of a crisis, smarter health choices that will help in the intermediate term aren’t the tools to emphasize. You need tools that address the immediate issue. An obese person who starts eating better and keeps at it will be better equipped for the next pandemic. Won’t help as much with this one, but wearing a mask and social distancing will.

His uncalled for last sentence

There's no place for that in this thread.

The CE Board is an alternative for his mean spirited words.

Let's compare my last sentence - "If you understood infectious diseases you wouldn't post such foolish memes." - to two of your recent posts on this board, below. I think we can see who's being mean-spirted. Maybe you should just stay on the CE board instead of trying to derail this thread at every turn.

Only an imbecile would think that
What's the reason why you're slow Dave?

Genetics?
Too many drugs while at Rutgers?
Small brain?

Let's compare my last sentence - "If you understood infectious diseases you wouldn't post such foolish memes." - to two of your recent posts on this board, below. I think we can see who's being mean-spirted. Maybe you should just stay on the CE board instead of trying to derail this thread at every turn.

Were those said ITT??

You're derailing this thread again though.

Once again you spew nonsense. The Astra-Zeneca vaccine is likely quite safe with respect to blood clotting, based on the data available post-approval, as per the excerpt below from Derek Lowe's latest blog entry on this, showing that clotting issues are no greater in the vaccinated group than in the general population. This doesn't mean reports of adverse event shouldn't be investigated, but the EU states who have paused the use of the AZ vaccine need to resolve their concerns quickly or else risk a major erosion in public confidence without having data saying it's not safe - especially when the EMA (the EU's version of the FDA) is still saying the AZ vaccine is safe.

It's a mess that doesn't need to be a mess, IMO. I also think it's nuts that countries with no other vaccines would be pausing use of a vaccine which is clearly effective and appears to be safe. Even if a COVID vaccine had 1 in 1MM people die (none have died from the vaccine to date - this is a hypothetical), I would still approve it and get it as the vaccine prevents anywhere from 100 to 10,000 (or more in the very old) deaths per 1MM from COVID, depending on age.

The big question is, are the reports of vascular problems greater than one would expect in the vaccinated population as a whole? It’s not clear to me what the answer is, and it may very well be “No, they aren’t”. That CNBC link above quotes Michael Head at Southampton as saying that the data so far look like the problems show up at at least the same levels, and may even be lower in the vaccinated group. AstraZeneca has said that they’re aware of 15 events of deep vein thrombosis and 22 events pulmonary embolisms, but that’s in 17 million people who have had at least one shot – and they say that is indeed “much lower than would be expected to occur naturally in a general population of this size“. It also appears to be similar to what’s been seen with the other coronavirus vaccines, which rather than meaning “they’re all bad” looks like they’re all showing the same baseline signal of such events across a broad population, without adding to it.

In that case, this could be an example of what I warned about back in December (and many others have warned about as well), the post hoc ergo propter hoc “false side effects” problem. I’ve been looking this morning, and so far have not found anyone clearly stating that the problems seen are running higher in the vaccinated patients, anyway (if someone does come across such numbers or such a statement, I’ll amend this post immediately with a link). I realize that there’s a possibility (not a likely one, though) that some particular batch of vaccine is more problematic, but I haven’t seen any solid evidence of that, either

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeli...-going-on-with-the-astrazeneca-oxford-vaccine
Yup, you just keep making excuses for any negative results. I'm sure we're only hearing a small fraction of what's happening. How quick would you be to recommend any of these vaccines to your Grandkids? Are you that cock sure of vaccines to tell your kids to get the Grand babies into the trials? If you say yes, I'll call bullshit

• Love
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
So this will make plenty of you happy, after all, it's all about getting/forcing people to take the experimental vaccine correct? Coming to a country near you. Today' it's travel, tomorrow it'll be movies, concerts and eateries.https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news...u4vnRJoHAPeFy6_gfOM_9UD1CsqrtyrDosHbWUCj43IRM
Oh jeeze give it a break! We get it, you are afraid of a shot. Stop with the bullcrap to try and convince others not to take the shot so you won't be the only crybaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT