ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, you just keep making excuses for any negative results. I'm sure we're only hearing a small fraction of what's happening. How quick would you be to recommend any of these vaccines to your Grandkids? Are you that cock sure of vaccines to tell your kids to get the Grand babies into the trials? If you say yes, I'll call bullshit
Absolutely, 100% would recommend these vaccines to anyone on the planet. The risks are infinitesimal and the benefits are huge, as I've posted countless times.

So this will make plenty of you happy, after all, it's all about getting/forcing people to take the experimental vaccine correct? Coming to a country near you. Today' it's travel, tomorrow it'll be movies, concerts and eateries.https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news...u4vnRJoHAPeFy6_gfOM_9UD1CsqrtyrDosHbWUCj43IRM
Get the vaccine and you won't be shut out of life returning to normal, but more importantly, get the vaccine and potentially save your life and the lives of others you might infect if you got the virus.

Yup, you just keep making excuses for any negative results. I'm sure we're only hearing a small fraction of what's happening. How quick would you be to recommend any of these vaccines to your Grandkids? Are you that cock sure of vaccines to tell your kids to get the Grand babies into the trials? If you say yes, I'll call bullshit

I have no concern about vaccines. For my entire childhood I drank water from a pipe near Roosevelt Park in Edison and rode my bike through the white cloud behind the mosquito truck

I've said this before here. My wife contracted COVID from a colleague in a health care setting where she and her colleague wore surgical masks 100% of the time. Were 6 feet apart minimum at a conference table in a conference room with a closed door. Met together for about 20-30 minutes. Colleague came down with symptoms day after meeting. My wife 3-4 days after that. Masks likely help minimize the spread but are clearly not 100%. N95 masks are only 95% effective. All others are less.
I don’t think anyone has denied that? If masks were 100% effective we wouldn’t have had limitations on gatherings or had to social distance. But 80% efficacy (for example, with a surgical mask) is still better than 0% (for example, walking around maskless).

Not sure what the point is that you were trying to make.

Reactions: Greg2020
I don’t think anyone has denied that? If masks were 100% effective we wouldn’t have had limitations on gatherings or had to social distance. But 80% efficacy (for example, with a surgical mask) is still better than 0% (for example, walking around maskless).

Not sure what the point is that you were trying to make.

Because someone stated just a few posts above mine that people aren't getting infected at work in this area, where almost everyone wears masks. It happened to my wife. I'm sure it has happened to many more.

Because someone stated just a few posts above mine that people aren't getting infected at work in this area, where almost everyone wears masks. It happened to my wife. I'm sure it has happened to many more.

It’s almost exclusively coming from work and school, from what I’ve seen

I have no concern about vaccines. For my entire childhood I drank water from a pipe near Roosevelt Park in Edison and rode my bike through the white cloud behind the mosquito truck

We always went there and got the spring water from the pipe when we were kids. Filled up gallon jugs. I can't imagine how polluted that water was.

Reactions: brad1218
We can, but in the midst of a crisis, smarter health choices that will help in the intermediate term aren’t the tools to emphasize. You need tools that address the immediate issue. An obese person who starts eating better and keeps at it will be better equipped for the next pandemic. Won’t help as much with this one, but wearing a mask and social distancing will.
I’m not picking a fight but washing or hands probably does less than getting outside for sunshine let alone exercise and vitamins. They certainly could have listed those on the right. To me they are equally important as those on the left. I did all of those things on both sides. I still got it from a health care worker and it was nowhere near my worst cold, flu or virus. However, someone else I know did those same things I did on both sides of the meme and it was his worst ever virus. Nothing critical but he was sick in bed for a week and his breathing was rough. He got it from a front line police officer.

I’m not picking a fight but washing or hands probably does less than getting outside for sunshine let alone exercise and vitamins. They certainly could have listed those on the right. To me they are equally important as those on the left. I did all of those things on both sides. I still got it from a health care worker and it was nowhere near my worst cold, flu or virus. However, someone else I know did those same things I did on both sides of the meme and it was his worst ever virus. Nothing critical but he was sick in bed for a week and his breathing was rough. He got it from a front line police officer.

This is a false debate. No health professional or official would disagree that healthier, more fit people will better withstand COVID infection. Nor would they dissuade people from improving their health. In fact, the second tab on the CDC website is titled “Healthy Living,” so the narrative that the CDC doesn’t promote that is false.

That said, having an out of shape person pursue weight loss today will not give them the same protection today, tomorrow or next month that following health protocols (social distance, masking, wash hands) will. That’s a fact. In time, that person will be better able to withstand infection, but they still will be susceptible to infection even when they are healthier. Which is why they’d still need to social distance, mask and wash hands.

So, yes, the CDC was and is correct to promote these protocols. Adding more to the message of social distance, mask and wash hands dilutes that core message, and that message is needed in the midst of a crisis.

Last edited:
The US will get to the 100th million mark tomorrow vaccines into arms a month ahead of the Presidents schedule. Vaccinations into arms have increased but still not where it really needs to be. FEMA sites in certain cities do a great job but not enough of them.

Cases increasing rapidly worldwide. The EU is screwed, surprised that India is seeing exponential growth.

I understand and appreciate your response to my post. My friends work in hospitals as nurses (one being an ICU nursing manager) and I haven't been told by them that they have seen clots or tissue damage in younger patients months after having covid like they do with many adults. That doesn't necessarily mean things may not come up in the future but as of now they aren't worried about their kids catching covid. I have my concerns about this vaccine. Probably unwarranted, but I worry about it's possible long term affects.

You are a doctor, right? Have you seen any prolonged issues for healthy kids that had covid like tissue damage or blood clots?

I dont work with kids but I will weigh in on a few thoughts. First and foremost, I cant blame you about the vaccine. I would sure love to see long term studies using the Delorean and Marty McFly even though plenty of people say it is safe. You mention friends working in the hospital, but unless they work in a pediatric unit, they might not hear much of any issues popping up with children unless its through the grapevine. I wonder how many parents are actually taking their kids to get to get tested for covid, how many are diagnosed and what criteria would land them in the hospital. Kids are pretty resilient and their bodies handle many medical issues better than adults with comorbidities . We see that covid doesnt seem to initially affect them much. Unless something is really amiss, an issue like a small blood clot in the lung might go unnoticed by the child or parent and will never be diagnosed. In regards to your initial thoughts about covid vs vaccination for children, my thoughts immediately focused on mild damage from infection which could go unnoticed now, due to the resiliant nature of children and then overall good health which accompanies the "youts"...only to play a bigger role as they grow into teens, young adults and older.

some updates: I know of 4 more people who got the second shot, my parents and my cousin and aunt. My mom got zero side effects from the 2nd shot and my dad got a small fever which went away the next morning. My cousin got zero side effects and my aunt got a headache and that's it. I will be getting my 2nd shot is 10 days. 🥰🥰

And could you lose your health insurance for taking it?
I dunno - do you?

Ive read this is the biggest medical experiment in the history of man - this vaccine does not inject you with a small amount of the virus and lets your body fight it off. This shot changes your cell structure like to anticipate fighting off the virus. There is only one other thing that changes your cell structure and that is Cancer.

Peace out

I'm sure I am about a year before the shit hits the fan on this one but when your Medical Insurance Company asks about any experimental drugs?
lol

Think most states dont cover experimental treatments - see how they walked you into it?

Just like the Student Loans - who has the big buildings and what do you have - debt?
And that Student Loan debt never leaves you even in bankruptcy....

Cant write that shit off.

Don't worry call me an asshole now - give it a year.

PS - US Student Loan Debt Bonds backs the US Dollar by 2/3 thats why they dont let you write it off. Any politician that says wipe off Student Loan Debt is lying to you like AOC. She is pretty hot but knows if you forgive Student Loan Debt - on Monday - the US Dollar would crash on Tuesday..

The other 1/3 is the US Military and China is catching up quickly....Peace out

Experimental coronavirus vaccine highly effective

Does Medicare pay for experimental treatment?

Routine costs associated with Medicare approved Clinical Trials is Medicare's financial responsibility. Guidelines/Notes: 1. Experimental and investigational procedures, items and medications are not covered.Aug 18, 2020
Wow! There is a whole bullcrap in that post!

This is a false debate. No health professional or official would disagree that healthier, more fit people will better withstand COVID infection. Nor would they dissuade people from improving their health. In fact, the second tab on the CDC website is titled “Healthy Living,” so the narrative that the CDC doesn’t promote that is false.

That said, having an out of shape person pursue weight loss today will not give them the same protection today, tomorrow or next month that following health protocols (social distance, masking, wash hands) will. That’s a fact. In time, that person will be better able to withstand infection, but they still will be susceptible to infection even when they are healthier. Which is why they’d still need to social distance, mask and wash hands.

So, yes, the CDC was and is correct to promote these protocols. Adding more to the message of social distance, mask and wash hands dilutes that core message, and that message is needed in the midst of a crisis.
I only started talking to you because of your comparison to the fire which was way off base. I also happen to agree with the meme and not the CDC but let’s move on and “charge it to the Underhills.”

I only started talking to you because of your comparison to the fire which was way off base. I also happen to agree with the meme and not the CDC but let’s move on and “charge it to the Underhills.”

It wasn’t off base, but I’m happy to move on.

If obese and overweight people started losing weight in March 2020, we would be in great shape against the virus now. Think Japan and other Asian nations.

#dontbefat

Reactions: Postman_1
some updates: I know of 4 more people who got the second shot, my parents and my cousin and aunt. My mom got zero side effects from the 2nd shot and my dad got a small fever which went away the next morning. My cousin got zero side effects and my aunt got a headache and that's it. I will be getting my 2nd shot is 10 days. 🥰🥰
Wife and I got #2 on Thursday (Pfizer). No side effects for me other than a mildly sore arm for 24 hours. Wife had a sore arm and very mild fatigue/fever. Likely wouldn't have been noticed if we weren't both "looking" to see if we got side effects. LOL!

Last edited:

Masks reduce the risk of transmission. They don’t eliminate it.

The last time that Texas had a lower 7dma of positive tests/day than New Jersey was Memorial Day last year. That likely will change tomorrow for the first time in ten months.
Since Texas dropped the mask mandate and business restrictions:
Texas 7dma: -19%
NJ: +16%

NJ leads the nation in positives per capita. So I have two opinions:
1. Despite the fact that I have been a reopening advocate throughout this entire crisis, I find it humorous and ironic that the governor chooses now to reopen things despite being one of the only states that is apparently seeing increasing spread and has more of it than anywhere else in the country. It's as if he had his schedule for reopening mapped out, never shared it with anyone, and is sticking to it regardless of reality.

2. Masks?

In Indy after last night's fanfreakingtastic win and heading to Chicago for the day, so limited time, but came across this from Shane Crotty, one of the world's foremost experts on coronaviruses and the immune system and what that means for vaccines. The graphic is very simple, which I actually love, as it gets the point across without a lot of analyzing or calculating and it confirms the mostly good news we've heard, even for the new variants - yes, they might mean more infections, but very unlikely to mean more than a handful of hospitalizations (and no deaths, of course). Of course, we don't want any variants to evolve that could eventually evade the vaccines, which is why we need everyone vaccinated, but I really like his perspective and it's quite good news.

EvqHgAEUUAA6bh5

Why do you think the US will even consider it?? The US has contracts with Pfizer, Moderna and J&J that will result in a surplus. We don't need another especially when most of Europe is not using it.
But didn't it go through the same process to be validated with a Emergency Use approval? It's that very thing that makes me hesitant about this whole process.

But didn't it go through the same process to be validated with a Emergency Use approval? It's that very thing that makes me hesitant about this whole process.

Do you have several physicians you see?

I have several and so does my wife and everyone has been vaccinated. To me if people who are trained in this area have no hesitation than I weigh that more than laymen questioning it.

Do you have several physicians you see?

I have several and so does my wife and everyone has been vaccinated. To me if people who are trained in this area have no hesitation than I weigh that more than laymen questioning it.
Funny you should say that. Call out bull$hit if you want, but my sister in law goes to the same medical group I go to in Holmdel. It was a medical group that shut down for 1 month when a year ago they were slammed with 17 doctors and employees getting Covid. When Gov. Murphy asked them to run the mega site at PNC they said no forkin way. So back to my sister in law, she had blood work done yesterday, she's 64 and a smoker since she was 15. She asked if she decides to get vaccinated which one should she take. He told her none are worth the risk. I go to a different doctor in the group 1st week in May for my A1C blood work, my doctor I know caught COVID last March and I'll ask him the same question. 6 months ago, he told me of the 17 that got Covid, 10 still had high levels of antibodies and 7 had zero. it's not uncommon for those in the medical field to refuse to get vaccinated. Care to explain to me a logical reason why?

A poster on Zero Hedge is claiming that the FAA sent out a notice this morning banning pilots and air traffic controllers from working within 48 hours after taking the vaccine.

Nothing better than drinking water out of an outdoor faucet or hose or riding on a bicycle behind the DPW spraying the trees for mosquitos. I can still smell that special aromatic scent wafting down the streets of Essex County 1950’s and 60’s. Where was that Green New Deal when we really needed it ? Vaccines.... I’ve probably had every one known to the world. The fear factor with this is due to it being new vaccine and also politics and falsified information going out to the public . Sadly it is still going on. Getting dose number 2 tomorrow.

A poster on Zero Hedge is claiming that the FAA sent out a notice this morning banning pilots and air traffic controllers from working within 48 hours after taking the vaccine.

Makes sense, a lot of young people get a day or two of flu-like symptoms. I even know someone who had a 104 degree fever and was hospitalized for observation after the moderna second dose (that’s the most extreme thing i’ve heard). Wouldn’t want that striking a pilot in the middle of a long haul flight.

This from King's Court in Lyndhurst:The pool is expected to be opened within a few weeks and is to be by appointment only.Members who are going to be using the pool are the only members allowed to use the locker room and must shower before and after pool use.What a fun place!

Is the pool water able to confer some magical anti-viral properties among its users?Maybe Ponce de Leon was born way too early.

Earlier this week,I e-mailed this pool/no pool gym disparity to a woman on The Wall Street Journal staff.She replied that she had no knowledge of this policy(as well as complimenting me on my colorful E-mail.You should have seen that one.I went all out.)

Funny you should say that. Call out bull$hit if you want, but my sister in law goes to the same medical group I go to in Holmdel. It was a medical group that shut down for 1 month when a year ago they were slammed with 17 doctors and employees getting Covid. When Gov. Murphy asked them to run the mega site at PNC they said no forkin way. So back to my sister in law, she had blood work done yesterday, she's 64 and a smoker since she was 15. She asked if she decides to get vaccinated which one should she take. He told her none are worth the risk. I go to a different doctor in the group 1st week in May for my A1C blood work, my doctor I know caught COVID last March and I'll ask him the same question. 6 months ago, he told me of the 17 that got Covid, 10 still had high levels of antibodies and 7 had zero. it's not uncommon for those in the medical field to refuse to get vaccinated. Care to explain to me a logical reason why?

the reason is that some people in the medical profession are not particularly knowledgeable. Not all doctors are created equal there’s good doctors and bad doctors. Sounds like your sister in law has a bad one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT