ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NEW EVERYTHING / ANYTHING COVID-19 THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Severe reaction and even death. Although rare, Ppl have died from it. Good luck finding these incidents. Google has search results rigged so the peasantry can't learn the facts. Also, it's a new vaccine. As such we don't know anything about the effects over the long haul, months and years.

You must be terrified of Covid then. Tough position for you to be in.

So live in CT and was able to schedule before state indicated scheduling date through Yale. Wonder why this is? Assuming JJ doses aren’t in the current plan and they need to get out the door.

Last edited:
So live in CT and was able to schedule before state indicated scheduling date through Yale. Wonder why this is? Assuming JJ doses aren’t in the current plan and they need to get out the door.
How can we compare JJ to the others when effective date of efficacy was much longer for MRNA vaccines? I know this has been discussed but JJ is 28 days out and the others were 45 or so correct? One was a single shot and the others were two? One was during greater variants and spread.
Numbers do you have a synopsis?

Hello everyone,

Here is what happen to me after taking it. Day of I felt super relax/slight daze milder than medicine, and pain didn't start in my arm until hours later.

next day, I feel normal (no more daze), but my arm/shoulder feels super sore, like I was lifting weights the day before. Same feeling you feel the next day after a long workout if you haven't worked out in a long time, but just in my arm/shoulder area nowhere else.

Hopefully the soreness go away in a day or two.

Can people with high blood pressure under 65 get the vaccine now or did they remove them from 1B like they were originally in?

Good to see that Merck is going to help make the Johnson and Johnson vaccine after Merck previously scrapped their own plans for a vaccine when it came up short.
Any increase in production like this is great to see.

Can people with high blood pressure under 65 get the vaccine now or did they remove them from 1B like they were originally in?

I registered with the state. If you register with the state and check all of the things that you have they will let you know when you can make an appointment. I am under 65 but I have 3 conditions, I am not sure which one got me into 1b.

Reactions: RU_DIO
Merck and J&J to announce a partnership where Merck will become a second manufacturer of the adenovirus vector vaccine, itself, as well as another manufacturer of the "fill and finish" production steps (where the vaccine sterile liquid is put into vials and packaged). The report says that within a few to several months this could help double the expected J&J prodcution levels, which is key for getting vaccines to the rest of the world (even if the US already will have just about all of the vaccine it needs by mid-summer). Keep in mind that continued transmission of the virus arond the world makes it more likely that future variants that evade the current vaccines will eventually evolve, requiring reformulation of these vaccines and booster shots.

Had heard some chatter about Merck becoming involved, since their two vaccine R&D candidates failed in early clinical trials, especially given Merck's huge vaccine production capacity, so this is nice to hear. Also not surprised that Merck got involved with J&J over Pfizer/Moderna, since the mRNA manufacturing process is very different from that of an adenovirus vaccine, which is much more similar to viral vector vaccines Merck already makes (like the Ebola vaccine). Wonder if @newell138 can shed any more light on the effort.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ohnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-partnership/

Reactions: MulletCork
Hello everyone,

Here is what happen to me after taking it. Day of I felt super relax/slight daze milder than medicine, and pain didn't start in my arm until hours later.

next day, I feel normal (no more daze), but my arm/shoulder feels super sore, like I was lifting weights the day before. Same feeling you feel the next day after a long workout if you haven't worked out in a long time, but just in my arm/shoulder area nowhere else.

Hopefully the soreness go away in a day or two.

I rec'd the Moderna shot #1 yesterday. Great experience. The Monmouth County HeaIth Dept had it running pretty darn efficiently.

I hate needles but hardly felt the injection. They request you sit around for 15 minutes afterwards and then I drove the 25 - 30 minutes home. Not much if any reaction. Today I wouldn't say it hurts very much. It's more stiff as if someone gave me a good whack to the arm. I have been told the 2nd shot causes more of a reaction but don't know if true.

Last edited:
Good to see that Merck is going to help make the Johnson and Johnson vaccine after Merck previously scrapped their own plans for a vaccine when it came up short.
Any increase in production like this is great to see.

Sorry, didn't see this as I was in the middle of writing my post or I would've just replied to this one...

I rec'd the Moderna shot #1 yesterday. Great experience. The Monmouth County HeaIth Dept had it running pretty darn efficently.

I hate needles but hardly felt the injection. They request you sit around for 15 minutes afterwards and then I drove the 25 - 30 minutes home. Not much if any reaction. Today I wouldn't say it hurts very much. It's more stiff as if someone gave me a good whack to the arm. I have been told the 2nd shot causes more of a reaction but don't know if true.
That is correct, and it is a good thing per doctors I’ve talked to. I have my second Pfizer shot tomorrow morning so we’ll see.

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS THREAD. I'm on the verge of shutting down the covid thread on the free board all together if this doesn't stop.
Richie - understood. My only comment is that there have been at least a dozen posts in this thread critical of Murphy, with no obvious moderation of them, so perhaps you guys should consider addressing those also.

Sorry, didn't see this as I was in the middle of writing my post or I would've just replied to this one...
No worries, you elaborated on this much more than I could. I just saw the news on CNBC this morning and thought it was great to see large companies like this working together.

Reactions: RU848789
Merck and J&J to announce a partnership where Merck will become a second manufacturer of the adenovirus vector vaccine, itself, as well as another manufacturer of the "fill and finish" production steps (where the vaccine sterile liquid is put into vials and packaged). The report says that within a few to several months this could help double the expected J&J prodcution levels, which is key for getting vaccines to the rest of the world (even if the US already will have just about all of the vaccine it needs by mid-summer). Keep in mind that continued transmission of the virus arond the world makes it more likely that future variants that evade the current vaccines will eventually evolve, requiring reformulation of these vaccines and booster shots.

Had heard some chatter about Merck becoming involved, since their two vaccine R&D candidates failed in early clinical trials, especially given Merck's huge vaccine production capacity, so this is nice to hear. Also not surprised that Merck got involved with J&J over Pfizer/Moderna, since the mRNA manufacturing process is very different from that of an adenovirus vaccine, which is much more similar to viral vector vaccines Merck already makes (like the Ebola vaccine). Wonder if @newell138 can shed any more light on the effort.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ohnson-and-johnson-covid-vaccine-partnership/

There has been chatter about this joint venture since late last year. Once we pulled the plug on our vaccine but continued working on the build for the packaging lines it was kind of known it would be happening. I'm excited as is everyone else around the project, we were all very disappointed when we got the news ours was no longer moving forward. Going to be a busy year.

None, really? You can 100% say there is NO risk? Hello!!!! At least say it's low. Talk about appealing to the least educated, and no, don't include me, because I ain't buying that total sweep it under the rug bull$hit. Don't give me NONE.

As I have posted many times, relatively speaking <1 in 1MM risk of serious side effects (none of which have even been seen to date, other than anaphylaxis, which was expected in a few highly allergic people and is only at about 2-3 per 1MM) is "extraordinarily low" relative to 1 in 100 to 1 in 10,000 risks of death (and a risk of 3-4x that of being hospitalized with a seriously debilitating infection), depending on one's age, from catching COVID; last night's post has more details. Most people would consider that relative risk to be "none."

Is there some piece of information that would convince you to get the vaccine or is there some specific fear you have of the vaccine that is keeping you from getting vaccinated? If so, I would do my best to try to convince you to trust that the vaccines are extraordinarily safe and that the risk benefit is hugely in your favor.

Specifically, the chances of any serious vaccine side effects are <1 in 1MM (and no actual serious side effects have been seen yet, except for anaphylaxis in highly allergic people - the risk then is maybe 2-3 in 1MM), which is extremely low, and the benefit for vaccination is avoiding the ~1000 in 1MM chance of dying from catching COVID if you're 40-49 (think that's your age range) or even the 3000-4000 in 1MM chance of being hospitalized by COVID.

I just want to see people avoid a potentially deadly/debilitating disease. FYI, the numbers are about 14K deaths in that age group, so far which is 40MM total, of which about 35% are estimated to have been infected (14MM) so far (and of those 14MM infected, about 3MM have had positive COVID PCR tests).

There has been chatter about this joint venture since late last year. Once we pulled the plug on our vaccine but continued working on the build for the packaging lines it was kind of known it would be happening. I'm excited as is everyone else around the project, we were all very disappointed when we got the news ours was no longer moving forward. Going to be a busy year.
Good luck! I'm also hearing late March for some clinical results on the Merck antiviral (tablet form unlike remdesivir, which is administered by IV) that I've been consulting on for several months in my semi-retirement; was hoping for sooner, but good treatments are still needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT