ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Jersey Devils '17-18 thread.......

Yeah, it will be interesting to see if trading away their future puts them back where they were before Crosby and Malkin came along. Even if it does, I think you could say it was worth it to win those Cups.
Oh no doubt. Given that talent you go for broke every year they're in their prime.

Grand opening, grand closing. The Devils are just way too soft. Surprised you guys got lucky and won one game.

Good game. Devils have nice young talent. They need more scoring depth beyond Halls line. Lightning had 4 tough lines. Good luck next year. Go Bolts!

Grand opening, grand closing. The Devils are just way too soft. Surprised you guys got lucky and won one game.
Soft is not a word I’d use to describe the Devils.
They are a very difficult team to play against, that’s the opposite of soft.
You want to see soft, go across the river to MSG...the Rangers were the softest, easiest team in the NHL to play against this year.
Thank the lord AV got the boot

If the Devils want to go deep into the playoffs they’re going to have to replace Baldi. They have some good young talent but you wouldn’t know it watching this game or series. Baldi has failed to prepare his team for the rigors of playoff hockey. And don’t give this horse sh!t about how they will learn from this experience and go deep next year. Nothing is guaranteed. Ask the Islanders
What coaches out there did you think could turn a last place team into a Stanley Cup contender in one season? Clearly you just have an axe to grind against Hynes for some reason.

Reactions: goru1869

The Devils have never been soft and will never be soft. We got beat by a better team which was solid throughout the lineup.

Our overhauled roster got some much needed playoff experience, and we come back next season to build off that. Remember, this team went from the NHL basement to a playoff team in one season. Lots to be positive about heading into 2018-2019.

As for the Rangers...

Reactions: goru1869
Hows the Rag's rebuild going? Haven't heard anything.

The draft and new coach will be the judge. Personally, I'd feel a lot better if Sather wasn't still around. There is OPPORTUNITY in front of Rangers front office. We'll see.

Eh its one Rangers fan. Let him be. I'm a Rangers fan but honestly enjoyed watching the devils this year. I think the Devils made it a year earlier than expected and the experience will be good for the team in the long run. Honestly was a bit confusing that they got a couple players at the trade deadline since they didn't look to be contenders but with the Preds being the 8 seed last year, maybe they thought they could make it happen. Nico looks good and obviously Hall is a beast. Hate that the Devils stole him from the Oilers. I think Schneider will get back on his game next year and they'll push for the playoffs again. Get a couple players to help out Hall and Nico and they could be a contender in the next year or two

Rangers fans sound like RU fans chirping at Michigan St or Iowa fans when they lose a bowl game.

Bad form.

I hope this wasn't about me. My post was a response to different post, and, I thought, completely non inflammatory.

I agree with other poster, Devils were fun to watch this year. I think they need to improve defensive depth, but their forwards are a talented group. I loved the addition of Boyle, guy is a class act and good teammate. I feel like Schneider can either be hot or cold, but rarely falls between the two.

Eh its one Rangers fan. Let him be. I'm a Rangers fan but honestly enjoyed watching the devils this year. I think the Devils made it a year earlier than expected and the experience will be good for the team in the long run. Honestly was a bit confusing that they got a couple players at the trade deadline since they didn't look to be contenders but with the Preds being the 8 seed last year, maybe they thought they could make it happen. Nico looks good and obviously Hall is a beast. Hate that the Devils stole him from the Oilers. I think Schneider will get back on his game next year and they'll push for the playoffs again. Get a couple players to help out Hall and Nico and they could be a contender in the next year or two
I think those trades were about a couple things.

A)Showing the players that mgmt takes winning seriously. Most specifically Taylor Hall who had never played a playoff game, and was in the midst of an amazing season, I think a good part of it was a nod towards Hall. But also getting the young guys the experience of important games down the stretch, and as it turned out some playoff games.

B)We've had 20 picks over the last 2 years. Our prospect pool is pretty deep. And there is a limit as to how many contracts a team can have. So those draft picks were not as important as they might be for other teams.

C)As you say, just get in and you never know what can happen. Granted we got the boot in 5, but Hockey is a sport where low seeds have enjoyed a fair amount of success.

The draft and new coach will be the judge. Personally, I'd feel a lot better if Sather wasn't still around. There is OPPORTUNITY in front of Rangers front office. We'll see.
Ha, wasn't really interested in the Rag's. Was just taking a shot at that other guy.

Ha, wasn't really interested in the Rag's. Was just taking a shot at that other guy.

Gotcha. Truth is I'll talk hockey with anyone that rises past "my team rules, your team sucks." My dislike for the Devils is only on game days against Rangers. The fact that the Devils had a good year did not cause the Rangers to play like crap; I place a lot of that at the coaches feet. Much like the Rangers (to a lesser degree), the challenge for the Devils will be to improve defense without blowing up the progress the forwards have made. Hall was a beast this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT