ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Matrix on idetifying Trolls to our Board "Post/Like ration"

mikershoein

All American
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2006
In a world of advanced Mathematics, Sabermatrics and Atom splitting, I've identified a new Complex formula in verifying the the invaders tour board (since their board typically suck,B..W...I guess ) the formula reads
Like = Ratio
I know it looks intimidating for an equation, but you can invest a few hours into the work you can solve. Anyway, I currently have a 1743-481 ratio of post to likes, giving me a 27.8 like ratio.

With tools, they are not liked, and absent of a "not like" option, I'm thinking anything under 10% has to classify the poster as "suspect". suspect typically come in with stupid ideas, defend obvious moral sins with conspiracy theories, and believe college football should be played in a dome somewhere in upstate new york.

So I ask you, whats your ratio, and can this be considered for the future as a qualifier for the true RU fan?

Flaw in this thinking.

People have had thousands of posts on the forum before the like system was implemented. So the hardcore fans that have been here since the beginning shouldnt be respected?

I just judge posts by what they write. Doesn't take a rocket scientist or a mathamagacian to see who is a troll and who isnt.

In a world of advanced Mathematics, Sabermatrics and Atom splitting, I've identified a new Complex formula in verifying the the invaders tour board (since their board typically suck,B..W...I guess ) the formula reads
Like = Ratio
I know it looks intimidating for an equation, but you can invest a few hours into the work you can solve. Anyway, I currently have a 1743-481 ratio of post to likes, giving me a 27.8 like ratio.

With tools, they are not liked, and absent of a "not like" option, I'm thinking anything under 10% has to classify the poster as "suspect". suspect typically come in with stupid ideas, defend obvious moral sins with conspiracy theories, and believe college football should be played in a dome somewhere in upstate new york.

So I ask you, whats your ratio, and can this be considered for the future as a qualifier for the true RU fan?
10% sounds right but you also need to judge the year joined and the number of posts... Or alternatively you just treat everyone like a troll until proven innocent lol

We have a much easier way of figuring out who the newly registered trolls are!

BanHammerBatSignal.jpg

Reactions: thegock
Like = Ratio

Check your math. You are off by a factor of 100. 482/1744 = 0.276

Here's another issue. (Other school) fan comes in and trolls. Three (other school) fans like that post. Now the guy has a 300% like rate.

What do we do then?

Example #2. CE board member trolls daily on the football board. Except that, because that board is so partisan, the members there get likes by half of the board every time they post. That skews the sports-related likes.

What do we do then?

Yes, I know this wasn't a real serious post by OP, but still, I've got nothing better to do right now than reply to hypothetical stuff. Work is a little slow today. I've already gone through and deleted a handful of reported posts.

Reactions: ATIOH
@RU4Real pales in comparison, 1.92 or 52.1%. And I know CM. Admittedly, I buy likes in bulk at Costco.
Free beer for everyone who likes this post!!!!

You cheat though. Don't you post some of the gifs in commitment threads? I mean, if I started posting the Salma gif in every thread, I'd start leading the board in likes a week from now.

You cheat though. Don't you post some of the gifs in commitment threads? I mean, if I started posting the Salma gif in every thread, I'd start leading the board in likes a week from now.
You must have me confused with another poster. I never post anything in commitment threads except "Welcome, MR. _____."

That said:
Like this post and:
201px-Free-beer-schweizer_Etikette_2.0.svg.png

And I never did this:
Like+whore+logic+not+oc+so+don+t+get+rustled+bout_8c3dc2_4800388.jpg

whats the definition of a troll....thats not related to shreck......or, how do
we identify a troll.​

So, I came back from a late lunch, and i have read everyone's comments (30 so far). I understand that this is not an exact science, and this this formula has struck a nerve in some, but this can be used as an indicator, and a source of pride. To the person who corrected my ratio, I'm 27.8 % liked, that's the point so don't get nerdy. If you are under 10% you fall into suspect land, so good luck. Maybe the next time someone disagrees or calls you out as a fan, your response can be something like:

"Hey Youngblood, I got a 32% post/like ratio and I'm a Hall of Famer on Rutgers Rivals, so you better respect my Words!!"

Bill James of the "like" metrics forgot the most important part of metrics: the metrics necessary.

This is funny though. I think it was intended that way.

Here's another issue. (Other school) fan comes in and trolls. Three (other school) fans like that post. Now the guy has a 300% like rate.

What do we do then?

Example #2. CE board member trolls daily on the football board. Except that, because that board is so partisan, the members there get likes by half of the board every time they post. That skews the sports-related likes.

What do we do then?

Yes, I know this wasn't a real serious post by OP, but still, I've got nothing better to do right now than reply to hypothetical stuff. Work is a little slow today. I've already gone through and deleted a handful of reported posts.

There is one obvious answer:
Delete the CE board

All I need to do now is create an alternate username, run a Python script that will recursively like every post from my original screen name, and I'm golden!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT